395 replies to this topic

#161 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

So, anyone got some good stories to share? :)

#162 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

God, I dont know where some of you guys are from, but one of the most frustrating things about MW in the past, and especially W!O was the euro lag. God I hated seeing teams that used Euro lag to climb to the top of leaderboards, or to dominate the landscape in planetary leagues. I used to hate hearing them talk about how good they were when it was just a simple fact of exploiting the lag. But I digress, it happens in all facets of gaming. With the current state of connections and lag times, I cant wait to see some of those people back on the field, this time, no lag shield for them to hide behind.

#163 Glory in the Highest

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 19 March 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

God, I dont know where some of you guys are from, but one of the most frustrating things about MW in the past, and especially W!O was the euro lag. God I hated seeing teams that used Euro lag to climb to the top of leaderboards, or to dominate the landscape in planetary leagues. I used to hate hearing them talk about how good they were when it was just a simple fact of exploiting the lag. But I digress, it happens in all facets of gaming. With the current state of connections and lag times, I cant wait to see some of those people back on the field, this time, no lag shield for them to hide behind.

Granted, some of the Euro teams I knew actually were that good. I played with a lot of UK and Scandinavian pilots over the years and to them, we had 'American' lag... they had to play with more lag every day than NA players ever had to face.

Edited by Glory, 20 March 2012 - 10:11 PM.

#164 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

Yep I can attest that lag works both ways, often I would empty an Alpha strike into another mech only to find that the target had warped forward several feet, sniping with gauss or PPC was not even an option. Hopefully that planned super fast wire that will be connecting North America to Europe (making landfall in Blacksod around 5 miles miles from where I now sit) will end the scourge of the Yankee lag shield once and for all :huh: .

You are right though, having to constantly deal with more lag every day could give those that could exploit their experience an advantage unfortunatly I never had the patience for that.

#165 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

What is this? The Jade Falcons (or was it the Smoke Jaguars? well I am not going back to check) only one post behind? Time for a completely coincidental yet pointless post. See now you have all made me double post, hope the mods are not looking.

#166 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostFiachdubh, on 27 March 2012 - 10:52 AM, said:

What is this? The Jade Falcons (or was it the Smoke Jaguars? well I am not going back to check) only one post behind? Time for a completely coincidental yet pointless post. See now you have all made me double post, hope the mods are not looking.

lol, kinda hard to keep going when we don't really have anything to talk about...here at least. *shrug*

#167 outlan

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Locationalberta

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Been awhile since i saw a few of those name tag's, Will have to get the better half to sign up as well.

#168 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

If this game does time jumps forward seeing the Raven Alliance form up would be very interesting to see, clan and IS working together and holding the largest and most powerful naval fleet along the border of 2 major IS factions is an interesting position.

#169 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Outlan,

Did you go by Outlander back in the day?

#170 outlan

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Locationalberta

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hi there Angel,
Yup, tried to sign up with the old tag, but was already taken by someone, so i used a shorter version. Told msoutlander about this site and she say's hi to all.

#171 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

Hi ya Out,

I thought it was you but wanted to make sure. Tell the better half hi back and we look forward to seeing you both in game again when it starts up.

#172 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

I have been discussing it with my old W!O Ravens, and it has been decided that we will be forming a Merc corp till/if/when the clans become a playable faction, and than till/if/than they allow the Ravens in. I know that my old unit is in to form a merc group, I wanted to see if any other Ravens in here would like to join up with us? Give me a post here, or a private message if you like for any information about our unit, I or Angel would love to give you any informtion we can at this time.

Zuesacoatl
Devlin Mckenna

#173 outlan

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Locationalberta

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

LOL,, the better half is already hunting around for a new joystick for when this rolls out.

#174 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 29 March 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

I have been discussing it with my old W!O Ravens, and it has been decided that we will be forming a Merc corp till/if/when the clans become a playable faction, and than till/if/than they allow the Ravens in. I know that my old unit is in to form a merc group, I wanted to see if any other Ravens in here would like to join up with us? Give me a post here, or a private message if you like for any information about our unit, I or Angel would love to give you any informtion we can at this time.

Zuesacoatl
Devlin Mckenna

I like this....I really do....but I'm already signed up with another group, for about 2 1/2 months now. (RPing as a Wolf's Dragoons 2nd gen Snow Raven who was sent to investigate the FRR from the inside...yeah, as if that didn't happen. :D)

Would love to game with ya, hate to fight ya, but right now....too little too late at this point. *shrugs*

#175 GreyGriffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationQuatre Belle (originally from Lum)

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

Benny Hill worthy game of Megamek. In double blind, tried to jump into a space that was occupied by a mech that had just skidded on pavement and got stopped short, landed on a building with insufficient CF. The fall blew my upper leg actuator.

Not looking good for the 7 million C-Bill challenge.

#176 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:07 PM

I'm back. Things were hectic at my base for a while: Training, TDY, launching 18 jets to SW Asia, more training, dealing with a lackadaisical master sergeant. It felt like work, sleep, and repeat there for awhile.

I'd like to get in on the merc corp Zeusacoatl.

I joined and stayed with the Unkindness back in the MW3 years, basically because of the community. It seemed like we were one of the few clans that actually followed Zellbrigen and ran trials. I've always loved Waste not as well.

#177 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

HELLO Helllo helllooo. ECHO Echo echo. Where did everyone go?

#178 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostRavn, on 08 April 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

HELLO Helllo helllooo. ECHO Echo echo. Where did everyone go?

*snorts*

Oww man....why you have to yell so loud? It's like...8 or something...come back around 9, and bring the mead with you....zzzzz....*curls up and hugs an empty mead jar*

#179 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Seems like we have been on page 9 forever..

#180 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Yeah. Things have gotten quiet with the lack of news I think. RKAngel sounds so familiar...

Edited by Verdic Mckenna, 12 April 2012 - 06:35 PM.

49 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users