Snow Raven Chatterweb

395 replies to this topic

#181 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Verdic,

Did you play in any leagues back around 2001-2004? Our paths might have crossed then.

#182 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts
  • LocationMN or ID or...Middle East

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

Agreed. I think most have had there fill with the speculation and are just absorbing the game mechanics now.

#183 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Now that they have finally released in game video and pictures it is all a bit boring. All the mystery, excitement and expectation gone for a while. Not really been impressed by anything they have released since the Centurion but then it can not be easy keeping people excited about something for so long, especially when still several months from release.

#184 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'm not sure I agree with that. Now that I've seen how great the graphics are and how the lasers leave lines of glowing molten metal across a mech I am crazy impatient to play this game.

#185 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

The graphics are pretty great. I don't mean there is anything not good about the game my attention span has just wandered off somewhere else for a little while (mostly IL-2 and the new ping pong table in the garage) having been force fed a constant stream of old MW games and BT novels since November.

#186 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm definitely getting interested myself, but theres still so much that needs to be answered (and the devs know it) its making my head spin...in anticipation (sorta).

The mead helps. Btw, I think we need another shipment.

*Dropship lands full of mead kegs*

Damn, that was fast!....oh, right I'm an officer now...crap gets done when I say things these days...forgot about that....

#187 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Usually the Q&A is enlightening for me... but this last one caused confusion.

CapperDeluxe basically asked if he could make a laser boat out of the awesome by removing the 3 PPCs (3 crits each) and small laser (1 crit) and adding in 10 med lasers.

David answered the hard point system only determines what weapons are in default loadout and not how many crits they will take up.

That didn't answer the question to me, and I'm too lazy to read through all 162 comments to see if this was clarified. Did anyone follow up on this? Are laser boats on the horizon?

Also, RK and zeus, what's the merc group going to be called?

Edited by Ravn, 19 April 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#188 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

We are going to be called Spectres Ravens, in honor of one of our fallen comrades. He was a great man that was taken from us too soon, and was SaKhan of the W!O Ravens while I was ilKhan of the Clans. We lost a good friend in him, like a father to the lot of us, and it is the least we can do to keep his Mech legacy alive. He was one of the guys that would laugh no matter how many body parts were shot off lol.

#189 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Fia,

You have made me what to go out and get a ping pong table for my garage now...lol.

Zeus,

I can still hear him laughing his you know what off because someone blew him to pieces in his uller he loved so much. Miss him very much.

#190 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

I feel sad that missed his part of our community. Did he build W!O Ravens from the ground up or did he slowly take on the title? How did you find out about his passing?

Have Spectres Ravens set up a merc thread?

Edited by Ravn, 20 April 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#191 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

I would be happy to work with such a unit, but I won't be able to officially join.

#192 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

No Spectre did not build the Ravens of W!O. The Unit actually started before that league and when we moved over to W!O Zeus (Devlin McKenna) was Khan and I was SaKhan. Devlin, sorry Zeus, was voted ilKhan of the clans so I took over Khan and Spectre moved up as my saKhan. I was the closest to him out of all the Ravens as he was like a second father to me after my Dad had passed away. His wife emailed me when I became concerned he was not online and started sending him emails. She told me he had passed away from a combination of heart attack and stroke while I was in the middle of my move to CA. He was a really great guy, everyone loved him. He really loved playing this game no matter if he was the one kicking butt at the time or he was the one getting his butt handed to him. He had a very unique laugh that at first would scare the heck out of you if you were not expecting it, but after that it would make you laugh your tush off. It was a laugh that if you ever heard it you would always remember it. He is very much missed within the Ravens.

To your other question, no we have not set up a thread yet Ravn. Zeus said he was setting up something for us but I can not right now remember what he said exactly. My memory is not what it used to be after four kids (two of which are under 4)...lol. I will try to talk to him tonight and ask him about that again.

#193 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostRkAngel Crow, on 20 April 2012 - 07:08 PM, said:

To your other question, no we have not set up a thread yet Ravn. Zeus said he was setting up something for us but I can not right now remember what he said exactly. My memory is not what it used to be after four kids (two of which are under 4)...lol. I will try to talk to him tonight and ask him about that again.

I have the image of Clara, from "The Guild," popping into my brain just now. Don't lock your kids in the kitchen with peanut butter and power tools instead of a babysitter to play MWO.

#194 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

LoL....I never got to watch that show but I heard it was some funny stuff. I only have three of the kids still at home though, the oldest is newly married finding out what it is like to be a military wife. The 14 year old will probably be pleading to play MWO when it comes out. Now when it comes to the other two that is the harder part. My 3 year old girl will more than likely be wanting to help mommy or daddy play MWO to our dismay and the 5 month old I can put in her walker or bouncer and she will be happy (for at least 10 min). I will have to keep in mind the peanut butter and power tools though if nothing else works...hahahahaha

#195 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Here is a question to you guys.....Have any of you logged on and suddenly you have no freinds in your friends list where you used to have several friends at one time? I just went to my profile and all the friends I had in my list are now gone and it says I have not added anyone to my friends list....strange. Well I guess I am going back and adding peeps all over again.

Well I just answered my own question when I went to add my friends back on. They did not have any friends any longer either. (at least I didn't see any) Wonder what is going on. Ahhh just seen what was posted in general about friends list being offline till they can figure out how to put a limit on it.....never mind.

Edited by RkAngel Crow, 23 April 2012 - 09:16 AM.

#196 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

You just had a whole discussion alone. Just remember, your not crazy until you start losing arguments with yourself.

#197 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostRavn, on 23 April 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

You just had a whole discussion alone. Just remember, your not crazy until you start losing arguments with yourself.

But you should probably get rid of any box of matches lying around.. just in case.

#198 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hey what do you want from me....the only ones I have around during the day to talk to are two cats (one is very old and has the up yours attitude and the other is just nuts), one snake (he is not all that talkative), a 3 year old (conversation consists of "why....why....why" and "what is that", and a 5 month old (mostly drool comes out of that mouth right now). If I want an adult conversation it has to come from me....lol.

Personally I liked the conversations that the Raven's used to get from Fia on voice chat after he had come back from a night at the pub....roflmao. Now that was some funny stuff. Remember that Fia?

Edited by RkAngel Crow, 24 April 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#199 Ravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Speaking of drinking...Who is our youngest member? I love that the avg mech gamer age is like 25+.

#200 RkAngel Crow

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Of our group.... I dunno, I think I would have to say Fia probably depending on how old you are that is.

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users