Conquest Mode: Rewards 4 Capturing A Resource-Collector

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Additional rewards in conquest-gamemode (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the suggested reward should be added?

1. Yes (48 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Other (please explain!) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to suggest e few new rewards for the conquest gamemode!

THE SITUATION:

Winning conditions are right now:

- Collect 750 Points
- destroy all enemy mechs

The reasons to capture the "Resource-Collectors" (I'll be calling them "bases" from now on) are:

- collecting 750 resources to win the match
- prevent the enemy to win by collecting all resources
- trying to avoid getting banged up by the enemy deathball
- force the enemy to split his Forces

Most of the time ( or lets say very often as i have no numbers...) the game is won by destroying all enemy mechs ( dont get me wrong, this isn't bad and i am not trying to change that!)
Sadly this often happens when the two opposing deathballs meet each other in one huge battle.

I think the reasons for this is that, even in conquest mode, the most rewarding(in terms of c-bills / "the grind") things are:

- kills
- kill assists / savior kills / defensive kills (glad those are in!)
- component destructions

My problem with this is:

If a player contributes to winning the match by capturing, neutralizing and defending the "bases" and he isn't scoring kills or making much damage, he will not make much cbills in that match. ;) :ph34r:

To me thats not very encouraging to actually play conquest-mode like it's intended to be played (at least not the way as i would interpret it...)

The Solution

Adding two kind of rewards to the conquest-mode:

1. COLLECTOR TAKEOVER:

Alt.1:
Taking over a neutral collector provides a reward for all players participating at least 20 seconds in capturing that collector before it belongs to your Team

Lets say it could be 1500 c-bills

Alt.2:
A full cap is worth 3000 c-bills. The reward is split up between the players capping a "base" depending on the time each Player spends capping it.

Kind of like kill-xp are split up between the Players that contibute in destroying a enemy battlemech

2. COLLECTOR NEUTRALISATION:

Very similar to No.1:

Alt.1:
Neutralizing an enemyl collector provides a reward for all players participating at least 20 seconds in capturing that collector before it is neutral

Lets say it could be 1500 c-bills

Alt.2:
A full neutralisation is worth 3000 c-bills. The reward is split up between the players neutralizing a "base" depending on the time each Player spends neutralizing it.

Kind of like kill-xp are split up between the Players that contibute in destroying a enemy battlemech

Also i would suggest that These rewards come with a xp reward and they should also affect the overall matchscore!

Of course all numbers are just examples to make my idea clear and would probably need some tweaking!!

I think these rewards would make the conques-mode less "skirmish" and lead to a lot more smaller fights on different locations on the maps.

At least it would reward the players capping in conquest-mode a little more for their efforts, and that sure isn't a bad thing.

TL;DR: Add c-bill;xp & matchscore rewards for capping and neutralising bases in conquest-gamemode

Please feel free to leave your constructive feedback and support this suggestion if you think it's worth it!

(whoa, sounding like a PGI guy ;))

edit: added poll & tl;dr

Edited by Sh4nk0h0l1c, 26 May 2014 - 12:32 AM.

#2 SgtKinCaiD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:14 AM

It should have been done right from the introduction of this game mode.

#3 Jeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:10 AM

I agree to the point that I don't even bother with this mode now as I don't enjoy losing due to the team ignoring capping.
I was thinking the same thing earlier today, but then thought what is to stop teams from farming the bases... 1 team takes one base, the other team takes it back over and over. Not sure the math, but could two teams swap 1 base back and forth and end up with a crazy high score/cbills?

Also what about defending the base... that can be just as important as capping it the first time, and should have rewards as well.

One other thing about MWO that is different from a lot of other FPS games is the lack of respawn. I sometimes wonder if certain play styles just don't work well without respawn...

#4 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostJeb, on 26 May 2014 - 11:10 AM, said:

Also what about defending the base... that can be just as important as capping it the first time, and should have rewards as well.

They actually got that covered by the so called "defensive kills"... (earns you about 7500 c-bills i think...)

As i stated before, the numbers need to be tweaked... and still you only gain salvage and other rewards if you win the match...

Its most unlikely that both teams just dance around the caps just to farm c-bills!

Its not meant to be the main income... its just a reward for actually conquering something in conquest-gamemode..

greetz

Edited by Sh4nk0h0l1c, 26 May 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#5 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:04 PM

View PostSh4nk0h0l1c, on 26 May 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

They actually got that covered by the so called "defensive kills"... (earns you about 7500 c-bills i think...)

As i stated before, the numbers need to be tweaked... and still you only gain salvage and other rewards if you win the match...

Its most unlikely that both teams just dance around the caps just to farm c-bills!

Its not meant to be the main income... its just a reward for actually conquering something in conquest-gamemode..

greetz

The salvage thing is right. If you win the battle you can take the salvage but if you are forced to withdraw from battle you will gain nothing.

Anyway, the reward for capturing collectors is .. Well.. Victory?

#6 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:21 PM

I fully support this idea.

#7 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

It may encourage more players to ignore the enemy mechs and play firedrill where they run around the map not helping the team defend points already captured.

But a small reward of 500 cbill for capture and 500 for neutralize would be nice.

#8 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

The only reason to cap in conquest is to make sure your points are higher than your opponents just long enough to kill them all.

I rarely collect all 750 points because most of the time it's easier to just destroy the enemy before then.

So, yeah...It would be nice to see some incentives in this game to do something other than that.

#9 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

The salvage thing is right. If you win the battle you can take the salvage but if you are forced to withdraw from battle you will gain nothing.

Anyway, the reward for capturing collectors is .. Well.. Victory?

Well that would mean that the rewards for killing and kill-assisting should also be "just" victory but in fact it is an actual kill / kill-assist reward...

You see my point ? ^_^

It may encourage more players to ignore the enemy mechs and play firedrill where they run around the map not helping the team defend points already captured.

But a small reward of 500 cbill for capture and 500 for neutralize would be nice.

As I said, numbers need to be tweaked (though I think they are decent... ^_^)

Edited by Sh4nk0h0l1c, 26 May 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#10 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

Yes, it would make it less of a skirmish mode.

#11 Knight_Invictus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

Especially for lights!

Knight4Him

#12 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

i agree

XP + biills for neutralizing (agreed you need to be there for X amount of time to get it)
XP + biills for capping
XP + biills for defending (kill a mech trying to capture one of your collectors or base in assault)
XP + biills for assisting in capping or neutralizing.

MORE XP and C-bills if your team wins by points.

Make there be an incentive to actually win by the primary objective.

#13 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

So what if it was based on the amount of resources that collector that you capped generated? say 100 c-bills/resource for the winning team, half that for the losers

i.e. 1 generator makes 50 resources until it is neutralized by other team. You get 100 x 50 = 5000 cbills for that collector if you win.

If you were the only person capping, and everyone stood still the entire match, you could potentially get 100 x 750 = 75,000 cbills for capping.

Keep the small bonuses for neutralizing, initial cap and defending. Cut the damage, destruction and kill bonuses by 50-75%.

Edited by Big Tin Man, 30 May 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#14 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

Your poll speaks for itself..... Great ideas!

#15 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:34 PM

BTW: bump! :huh:

#16 dak irakoz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

A reward like this should definitely be added. Ideally, every play style should be a viable way of getting cbills and xp, especially in the gametype designed for capture/defence sort of behaviour.

#17 Sh4nk0h0l1c

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 91 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

Bumped!

#18 Cabbage Merchant

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

This is an awesome idea!
I personally love the Spider-5V and other extremely mobile mechs, because they are fun to pilot. With the addition of these rewards I can earn C-bills while having fun running around like a mad man :ph34r:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users