#41 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:21 PM

View PostThunder Child, on 24 June 2014 - 08:27 PM, said:

A curious note, and bear in mind I have only seen this once, but I have actually seen the AMS of friendly mechs shoot down Missiles THROUGH the platform on Crimson Straights. I know this because my team was about 300m ahead of me underneath it, while I was charging over the top, and an entire volley of CLRMs just disappeared in front of me, while bullets came up off the tarmac. So AMS MAY actually be doing it's job through obstructions. It'll be interesting to verify this.

AMS will fire at missiles through mountains and rocks. That's part of the reason why plenty of players have been asking for a toggle function on AMS, so you don't waste ammo while under cover.

#42 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Well actually, since the particle effect is JUST a particle effect and there is simply health being taken from a missile in side of ams range, its possible it DOES ignore the fact an obstruction may be in the way

#43 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 25 June 2014 - 03:33 PM, said:

Well actually, since the particle effect is JUST a particle effect and there is simply health being taken from a missile in side of ams range, its possible it DOES ignore the fact an obstruction may be in the way

It does ignore obstruction.

#44 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

I mean its ability to damage possibly ignoring obstacles, after all it ignores when part of the mech its mounted on is blocking its los with the missiles, so maybe other obstacles are no different

Also i just noticed ams rounds seems to go by CRAZY fast now, i will look into why now...maybe..just maybe...they got rid of limited locks a second timer thingy, making there no real limit to ams and its abilities, that and clan lrms get seal clubbed by ams :3

#45 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 25 June 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

I mean its ability to damage possibly ignoring obstacles, after all it ignores when part of the mech its mounted on is blocking its los with the missiles, so maybe other obstacles are no different

Also i just noticed ams rounds seems to go by CRAZY fast now, i will look into why now...maybe..just maybe...they got rid of limited locks a second timer thingy, making there no real limit to ams and its abilities, that and clan lrms get seal clubbed by ams :3

Clan LRMs are rendered useless by a single LCT-3M with 2AMS. If you find a Kitfox with 3xAMS, might as well switch to ramming people.

As for AMS rounds going crazy, I noticed that with Clan AMS, I think it fires twice as fast (it gets double ammo, but possibly needs double the damage to kill a missile?)

#46 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

I actually meant with IS ams the ammo goes by faster it seems, and i meant its ability to damage ignoring obstacles since it ignores when a part of the mech its mounted on is blocking its line of sight with missiles, maybe other objects are no different.

So NOW it appears about 4-3 lrms per IS salvo are shot down per salvo or for every 10ish clan missiles fired. So dual ams will shoot down at least 8 missiles (if there were that many to begin with) triple at least 12 and so on. This means they must have removed the min. interval between lock ons for the ams, so now the modules will have to have some effect for sure, even if alone its just damaging a missile.

Updated the main page...forgot the summary "face palm"

Edited by Just wanna play, 27 June 2014 - 06:56 AM.

#47 Valdherre Tor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 363 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 01 June 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Right now is interesting to me, lrms are not op but they are pretty common as well so ams is a reliable choice for efficient tonnage use Lol yeah dual lights are interesting, i occasionally get bored and just run dual ams locust with 3 tons of ams ammo and just shoot down missiles all day, or use dual ams fire starter and use its jjs to get into a good positions and just....well exist really and help my team out. I just run with the lrms (cant actually keep up with lrms but you can give them a harder time getting out of ams range) and shoot a bunch down...its almost like a sport. I am annoyed there still is not a dual ams medium though, it seems like that and assaults would be the best class for that (at least with a medium that supports an assault all the time) guess dual ams hunchback is still just a dream..... And then there is the poor out of balanced atlas k, looses a missile and gun hard point in comparison to the D just for an ams hard point, not really worth it, and yet the dual ams locust just gave up an energy hard point *Sniffle*

Now imagine if you could mount any weapon ya wanted to the ams system....lbx-10 AMS FTW (or hyper assault gun AMS o.0) PGI if you are listening and want ideas for ams variants perhaps try ones with different fields of coverage, and aggressive/selfish one that is something like dual machineguns instead of one but only covers 45 degrees to the left and right of what the owner is facing but is better then the standard, then maybe an extreme one with a vary small "traverse" that you basically aim in the general direction of missiles your self with your torso, it just controls elevation and shoots automatically but is very powerful, maybe even like a 1 damage a shot auto cannon (missiles have one hit point) with around .35 reload and 200m range....idk

You can load out a medium Nova with dual ams.

#48 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

true dis

#49 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

SO iv gotten a kit fox (only love it for da 3 ams :3 AND 2000 round sper ton :)) and im starting to notice something odd, the ams doesn't always fire at near by missiles. I could be wrong but im starting to think Clan ams sometimes actually holds off on firing at missiles that are no longer locked on, saving ammo. That or its just plain buggy.....

#50 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Fun fact of the day: Clan ams doesn't get as big of a range boost from modules as Inner Sphere ams

#51 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 23 August 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

Fun fact of the day: Clan ams doesn't get as big of a range boost from modules as Inner Sphere ams

Wait what?

Also, that could explain the not firing at nearby missiles. Could be the shorter range maybe?

Edited by IraqiWalker, 23 August 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#52 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

might be can any 1 look in to this ???

#53 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:54 AM

No it does that when neither has a range boost module on (same range). But yeah you can go look at it, the IS range module is better then the clan version for ams. Even when the missile are right beside me, it doesn't always seem to shoot when the missiles no longer have a target

Edited by Just wanna play, 24 August 2014 - 05:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users