Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

CW and the way it will be.

#382 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

View PostSarlic, on 22 May 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

I dont like his answer. Because the question shows what the signs are. And these signs are not good.

I don't think it is good in terms of what it means for the game, I just like the bluntness of it.

#383 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostZolaz, on 23 May 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

Maybe you can answer the questions that I had for Russ?

1) What do you call someone who doesnt tell the truth?
2) What do you call someone who has a pattern of not telling the truth?
3) What do you say to that person when he asks you for money?
4) How do you feel about a person like that on an emotional level?

I rest my case.

Posted Image

You say lied, I say "had to adjust timelines and plans to accommodate business realities and improve the overall quality of the product to make it as viable as possible for the largest number of users."

Changing your mind isn't lying.

Edited by Heffay, 23 May 2014 - 06:33 AM.

#384 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

View PostHeffay, on 23 May 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

I rest my case.

Posted Image

You say lied, I say "had to adjust timelines and plans to accommodate business realities and improve the overall quality of the product to make it as viable as possible for the largest number of users."

But they clearly created the illusion that they were already working on CW, when it later became apparent that they had not even started development.

That's pretty much a lie.

#385 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

View PostHeffay, on 23 May 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

I like the words your are using, but they boil down to PGI is making a minimally viable product. And that's okay, that product is great to use to shoot at stuff.

#386 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostHeffay, on 23 May 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

After hearing you say the same thing over and over again, I'm starting to think you're this guy:

Posted Image

They same could be said of you Heaffy, except your sign would be the opposite

Or this guy...
Posted Image

View PostRoland, on 23 May 2014 - 06:35 AM, said:

But they clearly created the illusion that they were already working on CW, when it later became apparent that they had not even started development.

That's pretty much a lie.

Oh you mean when Brian was on stage talking about the Launch module that would be coming out shortly after the Launch party and Russ coming in at the End of 2013 and saying now that we have secured the licensing we can now spend capital on the game? Nah they weren't lying it was just shortly meant 2015 at the time, or at least that was their position at the time...

Edited by TKSax, 23 May 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#387 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

Meh. I asked for a refund on my clan package. They haven't even started working on maps, nothing being done for game modes, CW module "soon". Pop tart sniping will remain the panultimate way to play.

Just a lot of meh.

Maybe I'll take my clan package money and go see what this warthunder game is about....

#388 DJFrost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

I would just like an honest answer from PGI on the questions I have been asking since private matches were implemented.

Why should I pay for a private match that gives no bills or xp in return?

Do you now see how many more players would join if smaller 1v1 or 2v2 matches were free to set up and launch? This would allow new players actual practice in a combat situation. I know several people who have come over and watched me play only to be completely turned off by the way the game plays in public matches when you are a new player. Having the ability to practice against actual players would greatly improve the public match quality in my opinion, and would absolutely draw in more players. If it is a matter of server resources, why not implement a lan option for such practice matches?

#389 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostCavendish, on 22 May 2014 - 10:58 PM, said:

The forums, like in most games, is only populated by the most vocal people. I play with a bunch of people who never visits them yet somehow manage to play the game.

While this is certainly true, it also leads to false conclusions and a one-sided view.
Or at least it is utilized as a killer-argument that comes in handy when dealing with disgruntled customers.
It suggests that all those 'non vocal people' are happy with the game. They're happy, so they don't voice their opinion, right? Like cattle standing on a green field, happily munching away.

I know at least one person who was initially thrilled and bought a founders pack, but turned his back to the game as early as open beta, since he was appalled by the (lack of) development progression, the foreseeable absence of CW, PGI's decisions and the way they 'handled' things. Yet he never participated on these forums.
So the 'non-vocal majority' (whether it exists or not..) is NOT entirely made up of people who like the game.
Actually I know a lot of people who know the game, most of them have played it, all of them have never set foot in these forums, and their opinion of MWO is not exactly positive.

The non-vocal, happy, pleased, undemanding, grateful majority - is a myth!
In reality I bet it's a very small minority of hardcore fans who would simply buy everything BT related, indiscriminately, even if some things are not exactly to their liking, that is funding PGI for the most part and keeping them afloat.

#390 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostJohn Norad, on 23 May 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

The non-vocal, happy, pleased, undemanding, grateful majority - is a myth!
In reality I bet

Is it reality, or a bet you're making?

#391 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:26 AM

View PostForte, on 23 May 2014 - 04:14 AM, said:

To be fair, oh wait you aren't so why should anyone else. Honestly if you are so against this game and company go find something else to play. This game isn't going under, and has the license until 2020, which btw there wasn't exactly a line of people making MW games, or any mech game in general unless you lived in Japan. Either enjoy the game for what it is, and don't pay any money you don't feel they deserve, or stop being such a douche.

This......THIS....cannot agree with this response more if i tried!! :P
I have been playing this game since early closed Beta and i have seen so many updates, balance issues, and just clusterf*&$s its not funny, but they have all worked out, gotten ballanced and the matches rolled on. I have something like 50+ mechs at the moment (competition-ist, cant help it...lol) and I LOVE this game. Have brought several people in playing, and they continue to like it. There is soo much upside to what this game can become its ludicrous, but patience is key. I look forward to playing and mastering my new Clan mechs, and honestly that will keep me busy for some time. I mean you cant get all those new chassis and not master each one :P. By the time im done that they will have new maps, and hopefully CW v1 out. And that works for me.

#392 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

SOOOO many idiots on reddit.

Demoscius 1 point 10 hours ago :

No one was going to make one.....ummmm....are you sure there wasn't one that you gave a cease and desist order to ...mechwarrior living legends??? Does that ring any bells?

Oh look 100% LIES

http://www.escapistm...-Pulls-the-Plug

"First and foremost there has not, nor has there ever been, any legal action or threat of legal action leveraged against the MechWarrior: Living Legends development team. This was an assumption of a small amount of volunteers based on incomplete information," Living Legends developer "Criminal" explained in a followup message. "To clarify, the decision to discontinue development of MechWarrior: Living Legends was made by the founders and owners of the project. On behalf of all the people involved in MechWarrior: Living Legends we must sincerely apologize to all parties affected by this miscommunication."

Edited by shad0w4life, 23 May 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#393 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Im glad I dont post here much because some of you are incredibly rude and disrespectful. I know I wasnt here for the apparent delays and broken promises but goddamn guys.

I have issues but overall the game is still fun to me, ill continue to spend my money henceforth. As for the rest of you, seen you at the invasion!

Sanctum out.

#394 Darklord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts
  • LocationChicago Battletech Center

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 23 May 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

On the contrary we intend to continue creating an IS Mech for each month throughout the duration of the Clan Release and onwards. More Clan Mechs may be considered as we wrap up turning the Collection mechs into standard store items, twice a month until November.

If you read closer he's not talking about mechs he talking about CW
Marik and Liao were not in the wars except supplying resources,so i'm guessing he seeing CW as nothing but 2 buckets.
1 for the clans and one for the IS.

At least that's what I gather from that post.

#395 Mitzli Softpaw

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

I'd like to ask why the top rated question from the thread was left out of this transcript. I'd like to think it was a mistake but given the topic, I'm skeptical. I will transpose the question and answer here for reference:

Q: How does PGI respond to the increasing numbers of Battletech/Mechwarrior fans who think that they were left out of the focus for PGI's vision of the game development?

A: I think the majority of people felt they were left out during 2013 when we were dealing with our immense backlog and didnt have the ability to react to feedback as much as we or the community would have liked. This was frustrating for both parties, but I would like to believe that again going forward we can get on the same page much better. We can't please all factions of or "belief" systems however again I think we can look to the Private Match area to help give more options for your player defined "feel" for MW.

Edited by Mitzli Softpaw, 23 May 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#396 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 23 May 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

On the contrary we intend to continue creating an IS Mech for each month throughout the duration of the Clan Release and onwards. More Clan Mechs may be considered as we wrap up turning the Collection mechs into standard store items, twice a month until November.

But didn't Russ just say that he was going to be re-directing those art development assets to development of MAPS, once the clans are released?

Has PGI considered that perhaps more maps would be more supportive of PGI's ultimate bottom line? While not a direct source of revenue such as new hero mechs, maps represent a significant increase in the overall breadth of the game, making the game seem less stale. Such things, by making the overal gaming experience more engaging for your customers, will tend to increase the willingness of those customers to pay you money for the things you've already developed.

Most of your customers do not already own every hero mech there is, or have an infinite amount of MC.

By focusing on features which perhaps are not as directly monetizable (that is, things like maps, or the ability to play with more than 3 friends) compared to new MC only mechs, the overall amount of revenue received as a result of implementing those features would likely be higher overall.

Happy customers who like you, and who support the direction of the game, will tend to give you more money. That's why I used to give you lots of money, but no longer do.

#397 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:17 AM

Edited my post on the first page to include the "forgotten" question.

#398 Mitzli Softpaw

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 23 May 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

Thank you. Hopefully it's a bit more visible up there. =)

#399 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 23 May 2014 - 10:17 AM, said:

It was forgotten for a reason. Posting it here will do nothing other than maybe getting it removed from the forums by the "moderation" team shortly.

I appreciate the efforts of others to try to bring my concerns to light, but it is apparent by the response from Mr. Bullock that they care little about the vision that was Battletech and only care about their vision of the game, whatever that may be.

As I said before and I will say it here again: I like the core gameplay. It feels more and more like a Battletech game should feel. I don't even take any issue with the new tagline "A Battletech game".

My issue is with the policy of the development. They "released" a game that was no where near finished. They expect us to continue to funnel money into their coffers for a product that has no promise of ever being complete. We are constantly fed lies, misinformation, and cut and copy replies. PGI denies to no end about game breaking bugs and balance issues then magically addresses them months later expecting to be treated like heroes.

What is really needed is a sincere apology from PGI and an honest transparency of what is going on in the studios. If the customer base actually saw progress and felt like they had some say in development instead of being censored everytime an idea is expressed that does not agree with their policies, maybe people would come back and support them.

Until that day, my neurohelmet continues to hang on the wall. Clan Diamond Shark will forgo the invasion and let the more blindly faithful clans restore order to the barbaric Innersphere.

#400 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

It never was official. Technically neither is OutreachHPG. In order to be official, it must be administrated by our staff team.

We are taking the opportunity to reach out to another HPG than our own. (see what I did there?)

Not to mention the Reddit format is better for a AMA than the MWO forums.

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

It never was official. Technically neither is OutreachHPG. In order to be official, it must be administrated by our staff team.

We are taking the opportunity to reach out to another HPG than our own. (see what I did there?)

Not to mention the Reddit format is better for a AMA than the MWO forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users