478 replies to this topic

#41 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

I am not signing up for redit.

Hopefully someone will ask if they plan on putting the raven leg hit boxes back to normal.

Niko if you have Russ answer that question Ill be nice for ever and ever and ever again.

Edited by Funkadelic Mayhem, 21 May 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#42 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

my question would be: how much of that what he will tell us about future content will be

a.) news to those who follow the game for a while
b.) true hard facts and not dodging attempts to calm people down

sry but we had that pattern quite a few times now: PGI tells stuff, ppl buy it... PGI does "bad", ragestorm... PGI "starts communication", ppl calm down... PGI does "bad", ragestorm... PGI promises new things, ppl forgive them...

as always, i am in hope that this time it might actually be different... but doubts weigh so heavy by this time, that hope has little effect on the scale..

Edited by Alex Warden, 21 May 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#43 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

They can, but we might not have time to answer them all within the same couple of days with so much to do ahead.

Uh...does that mean Russ will NOT be answering all the questions asked for this session?

If questions can be forwarded to Russ, can you help to forward a question from me please?

#44 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:44 PM

Niko, I'll be happy to read the information, but I do not envy you the absolute mad house nature you're preparing to endure. Good luck, MechWarrior.

#45 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:40 PM, said:

I personally do TS3 sessions every once and while and hope to have many more, I put out a request recently for those interested to PM me but the volume suggests I'm going to have to put together a Form to get an organized appointment book set up in the next couple of days.

We actually have these two very questions answered in Vlog 4, which just finished reshooting and being edited as we speak.

thanks niko for clearing it up. also we will get Vlog 4 this month?? as i have been delaying my decision to purchase clan mechs due to lack of clarity (and less maps)

#46 Treysef

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostEagle Falconhawk, on 21 May 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

I liked "Caught in a headlight" better. Blinding.

This is cool, great jarb PGI. Great joooorbbb. Great jaaraaaraaaraaarrrb.

Great jeeeeorb there Hamstar!

#47 p8ragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:48 PM

Occasional Reddit AMAs should replace dev vlogs...not that we've had a vlog in the last little bit :ph34r:

Edited by p8ragon, 21 May 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#48 Treysef

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:49 PM

View Postp8ragon, on 21 May 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

Occasional Reddit AMAs should replace dev vlogs...not that we've had a vlog in the last little bit :ph34r:

Russ said the next vlog was filmed today so hopefully we'll get one soon!

#49 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

First of all, the only thing critics want to hear is a) when will CW be here) and :ph34r: why the repeated "90 days" promises last year that never materialized? Unless you're prepared to answer those honestly (and no sane CEO ever should), this will likely be a wash.

Russ, the gesture is appreciated, but you are not the man for this task. You have worked hard to assemble and financially back this project, and without you this game wouldn't even be here. But I personally believe your best talents lie somewhere besides PR. The angry punchlines and memes of the community - "you're on an island", "that was our position at the time" - are statements that have come from your mouth, and your joking about them during NGNG shows that you simply do not get it. Some folks just don't. Moreover, there are so many signs of interdepartmental disconnect in your twitter interactions (left department doesn't know what the right department is doing, etc.) that I tend to undervalue your answers. After many months, I've just learned not to expect much from this.

I would much rather see a panel of specific devs who get PR. Your guys there, I would say, are Karl Berg and Matthew Craig, and I would also say Niko Snow has won back a tons of trust from even some of his detractors. These guys don't hedge and have given us a lot of honest, sympathetic communication concerning the story of MWO. Nobody wants another ATD where the questions are chosen and the real issues unaddressed.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 21 May 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#50 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

It is not real life... They are fooling you... It is just the opening to........

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.

Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.

Why do I have to signup for reddit or twitter to get info? It is clear the forums are not the hub of info. I do not want reddit, twitter, facebook, etc., etc...........

Edited by IceCase88, 21 May 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#51 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

Why don't you guys go to /mwo? it has 4 times the population of HPG, you'll reach more people that way.

#52 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

Russ here is a idea for you to think about.

Make a weekly event players can win a free mech bays im sure when you look back at your player stats per day/week/month you will see high peeks where you sponsored events that players recived token items.Plus you might want to make your own = https://mwolobby.com/ and place it in the front of your UI2.0 for easy to find social events and private matches. :ph34r:

#53 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:54 PM

View PostIceCase88, on 21 May 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

It is not real life... They are fooling you... It is just the opening to........

"Bohemian Rhapsody"

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality.

Open your eyes,
Look up to the skies and see,
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
Because I'm easy come, easy go,
Little high, little low,
Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.

NO! JUST ONE LYRIC AT A TIME.

Also, thanks Niko for putting in the late night hours to do this. I hope your getting OT my friend!

#54 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

We have attempted similar events in the past on the forums. Unfortunately, the nature of forum style discussion boards do not lend themselves as well to this style of event as reddits design does. Much work was needed to carry out the old Ask The Dev format and it became burdensome for player, moderator and dev alike. We feel this could be an experiment at seeing if Reddits design can make for a better experience for all.

As mentioned in the original post, all questions and answers will be re-posted here.

I can understand the reasoning, but it doesn't matter. You advertise the forums as your primary home. Therefore, the forums should be the place for this. If you don't like it, stop advertising the forums, but a lot of people hate the underhive of Reddit and don't want to touch it with a ten-foot pole.

#55 Teela Zain Elmes

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNear planet Huntress

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

Hey, nice step!

#56 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:11 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 21 May 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

Why don't you guys go to /mwo? it has 4 times the population of HPG, you'll reach more people that way.

It has about half the active population, plus that subreddit community is pretty ****. It's mainly the same posters circlejerking about how bad the game is.

#57 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Its not a bad idea but the problem with live events like this is Russ will be in a spot if he's asked a question on something that he's not 100% sure about which will lead to:-

1. "I'll check and get back to you on that" which potentially leads to a lot of unsatisfied questioners; or
2. *some answer* which turns out to be wrong or not finalized and he gets crucified on it later.

I still prefer an open ended thread like Karl's where he has the time to formulate his responses (where warranted) instead of being under pressure to provide some kind of satisfying response.

Incidentally, it might be a good idea to set some clearer parameters on what kind of questions Russ can answer rather than the vague phrase "questions deserving merit". The following questions are deserving merit in my mind but would Russ answer them?

1. Who are the third parties alluded to in Paul's NGNG session who were pushing for 3PoV and did the end result satisfy said third parties?
2. Who decided that Clan Invasion & packs should come before CW and why was the announcement a surprise to Paul who is your Lead Designer?
3. Who sets the pricing on stuff sold for MC and specifically for the Clan packs and the Gold mechs?

#58 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 21 May 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

Subscribed to both on reddit and /mwo is much less active. HPG is where all the people who still play the game went after the goons siezed the moderating of /mwo by coup de tat. The dialogue on /mwo is more focused around getting refunds, organizing a class action lawsuit against PGI, circle jerking over how stupid the white knights at HPG are and generally being extremely angry and bitter about the game. Not really a good atmosphere for an AMA, as their current "let's go over to HPG and harass Russ" thread kind of illustrates.

Edited by Mahws, 21 May 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#59 Homeless Bill

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

Gentlemen, I welcome you all to Outreach. Ballsy move, especially after the missile bug; I like it. Shame I'll be moderating instead of asking questions.

On that note, I ask that everyone act like adults and be civil. I will not hesitate to moderate questions that contain name-calling or snide potshots. Grill them all you want, but don't be a **** about it.

#60 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:22 PM, said:

Russ will only be available for the 2 hour period. I'll be mopping up any which go unanswered afterwards for follow-up consideration, but we won't necessarily have answers for those right away.

With that in mind, feel free to post your questions here and hope that someone who will be around to post it for you.

These times were picked with consideration around peak hours of that subreddit. :ph34r:

All I ask is a Stock queue. If/When?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users