244 replies to this topic

#81 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

Wow! You redit people really need to climb down.
No one cares about your egos, just you.
Indignation? Sorry for your tough life.
Other things must be bothering you more than MWO...
Relax! Play a game of MWO and enjoy! The sim is unparalleled and very pretty. The players are constructive in their tactics and amusing with their banter!
I've made very good friends and enjoy the machines as they arrive. There is a lot of positive here.
Open your eyes! LOOK. Life can be better.

Cheers!

Gorgo7

#82 Igorius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 215 posts
  • LocationA place beyond your dreams

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 27 May 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

Other things must be bothering you more than MWO...
Relax! Play a game of MWO and enjoy! The sim is unparalleled and very pretty. The players are constructive in their tactics and amusing with their banter!
I've made very good friends and enjoy the machines as they arrive. There is a lot of positive here.
Open your eyes! LOOK. Life can be better.

Cheers!

Gorgo7

Respectfully friend, you really should try and refrain from placing your argument into such a condescending tone, especially when implying some inner sense of moral superiority you imply over those who you deem as, to take your statement as a whole, a whiny group of oversensitive children.

Just a suggestion, of course.

#83 Theycallmetheworkingman

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 27 May 2014 - 06:44 PM, said:

It's not about ego. It's about wallets and treating your customer base with respect. Something that you know nothing of based on your snarky response.

All I want is common decency between both sides and for our voices to be heard.

#84 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 26 May 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

I do not think that particular subreddit (r/mwo) can be defined as a base for our fans or customers any longer...

What an insult

As someone who bought gold founders, bought the best Phoenix package, yet still quit playing MWO in November and has just silently read the forums and subreddits since - I feel this is a good time to chime in.

PGI, I am still waiting for my community warfare first promised to me 90 days after open beta, then promised in the first half of 2013, then at the September launch event we were told "no later than Fall of 2014", and now even that looks unlikely

Oh and Phoenix Package...why did I buy that? Are loyalty points in the game yet? Will they ever be? Was it anything BUT a marketing scam?

PGI is SOOOO far behind schedule, and with so many AAA PC games coming up in the next few years (Star Citizen, Heavy Gear, EVE Valkyrie, etc.) MWO is dead in water. It just does not compete, it's too elementary compared to all these next-gen games coming out. The BEST that MWO will have to offer in a year will be considered trivial when other such games arrive. Hell, by the time community warfare rolls out, you will have other games released that are entirely built to revolve around Oculus Rift (such as EVE Valkyrie). MWO will have nothing new; it has nothing new right now actually, and it is continuuing to decay.

And what do you do to people who have legitimate complaints? You marginalize them and essentially call them worthless trolls, thus perpetuating the cycle of creating disgruntled MWO players who will continue to rag on MWO.

PGI - Fix your game if you want to see people stop complaining.

NIko - You are as much of a troll as some of the folks on r/mwo. Threads like this one will continue to destroy the community rather than help it. You are fanning the flames instead of bringing the community together. I have never seen another "community manager" create as much drama as you have

Russ - You should re-evaluate why this guy is your community manager when all he is doing is bringing more fire down on PGI (and subsequently, IGP)

Edited by Vulix, 27 May 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#85 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

Hrmmm.

#86 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:32 PM

ITT : 'How dare you refuse the bile we shovel down your throat 24/7. You should be grateful of the abuse we throw your way since we're "customers". Get on your knees peon and thank us for receiving our infallible wisdom.'

Look fellas. Anyone who knows me or reads what I write can easily find pages and pages of criticisms I have for the game. Whether it's balance or feature problems, I am not afraid to call PGI out where I believe they are wrong. But I do it in a way that treats the readers like human beings and not emotional punching bags. I'm also not so arrogant to assume that my ideas are always right, or feasible.

If you're going to treat PGI like dirt, don't act all shocked when they do the same thing.

#87 Fenix0742

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

View Postvalkyrie, on 27 May 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

(EDIT: Not 30 minutes after posting this, I've been put on mod approval for posting. Truth hurts, I suppose.)

Oh wow, this is hilariously petty. Nico makes a derogatory comment about 4chan, then puts a gag on members of that community when they log in to defend themselves. I mean, I understand the whole concept of your house your rules, but you started it.

#88 Dustmuffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

Let's not forget that Karl Berg gets upvoted to the moon in /r/MWO because he gives actual information without being an egotistical ass.

Maybe the problem isn't with the subreddit?

#89 GaussDragon

• 2,183 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

Compare and contrast:

Karl Berg
http://www.reddit.co...oncerns/cgquakv

...to a certain colleague of his in this thread. Oh, and the 'paging Karl Berg' thread. The difference is stark. There's a painfully obvious reason Karl is so well received by r/mwo.

#90 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

Lulz, stay classy PGI

#91 Aeolus Drift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:58 PM

View PostJman5, on 27 May 2014 - 07:32 PM, said:

ITT : 'How dare you refuse the bile we shovel down your throat 24/7. You should be grateful of the abuse we throw your way since we're "customers". Get on your knees peon and thank us for receiving our infallible wisdom.'

Said no r/mwo subredditor ever.

#92 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:02 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 27 May 2014 - 07:54 PM, said:

Lulz, stay classy PGI

I think they lost their slipper and are still expecting a Prince to return it...

This entire thread is a joke... and most of it spews form the Community Managers posts, I straddle both reddits but don't post, I review and learn. HPG is just a over moderated positivity machine, it's great for new info that's offical or fan-made stuff but any real discussions tend to be shut down if too negative or critical. At least r/MWO I can read some realistic opinions on the state of the game and use my own experience to make my own judgement.

Is MWO fun for me? Not at the moment, if the new MM had come out then maybe but I can't play any medium or light solo without being used by ELO to balance a high elo 4man (and 3 of those just the other night, it was a joke!). MWO still has a long way to go, but the stuff coming from PGI representatives isn't helping it in the least and may well further destroy this community which seems to be strung together by string and duct tape all over the shop.

#93 Nooee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 155 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:22 PM

I stopped supporting this game when the decision was made to nerf the Heavy metal that I paid real money for. This is basically a bait and switch routine. Last night I observed another HM jump sniping with no screen shake, and firing two PPC and a gauss rifle at the top of his jump consistently. This to me is a form of cheating the game and all the paying customers. The use of one click to fire all your weapons macro or script should not be allowed in the game. Fixing this one issue will go a lot further to balancing then nerfing weapons that you believe are the cause of the problem. All nerfing weapons systems do is to further unbalance the game in a way that is unfair to those players that do not have the means to use the Macro or script.
Just look at the Turny results and notice that all the leaders were running the Meta builds in the mech they were most comfortable with.

#94 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

Most PGI employees are well regarded on r/mwo except Niko, Russ, and Paul. I wonder why that is....

Seriously though Niko how the hell did you think this was going to play out?

#95 ShadowSpirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 26 May 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

I do not think that particular subreddit (r/mwo) can be defined as a base for our fans or customers any longer...

So you don't have any proof other than what you think? I just came back from a 6 month break, got incredibly frustrated with the lack of progress in this game, and went to reddit to get the scoop on what's going on. There was no conspiracy. I am not banned. I am a paying customer with premium time.

Your opinions are worth about as much as the gameplay value of this game. Sorry, I don't have any evidence to back it up other than the words that spew from your mouth to my ears and vise versa.

::: babble ::

Edited by ShadowSpirit, 27 May 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#96 Laserkid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 160 posts
  • LocationRural Southern Illinois

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

I just don't know if being so open is necessarily a good thing. Some rather vocal players are calling for it but looking at other FTP titles they rarely are open with anything at all until it almost ready to be implemented. ((admittedly they are Russian devs for the ones I'm thinking bout))

And the players love them for it, oddly enough. Producing videos on youtube just to highlight improvements and changes...or at least not overly critical.

An example of what I'm talking about is a Buckton (sp?) SRM fix and the rumor that they make SRM maybe too effective. Initially it was lauded and anticipated, but then it hasn't made it into the game for a couple patches and the vitriol started to build.

Basically all I'm trying to tell you guys is that your not in Closed beta anymore, you not trying to basically advertise with patch notes anymore. And if you are, it better be sweeping change that something like 3/3/3/3 isn't even applicable.

#97 roadside fury

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:00 PM

Okay, here it goes.

I have bought the founders package. (not the full, the blue)

I bought the Overlord Phoenix package.

I have purchased most of the hero mechs.

I also purchased the recent Cataphract package.

Hell, I even bought the Masakari Clan Collection.

I don't use or bother with either one of the reddit forums, and have never really been into reddit in general.

However, reading this thread, I do agree with a lot of points brought up by the reddit guys. There has been constructive criticism out there (I have read the SaveMWO article, and it was a great read) that seemed to be blatantly ignored. Most of things said in this thread are completely off track and out of focus. There are hate mongers sure, but the real issue here is that there are issues with the game, and they need to be fixed. All this argument about how many people are banned or not solves nothing. All I want to see is changes in the game. I think in all honesty, most of the people that bitterly criticize your moves and messages wish for that same thing. Sure, not everyone posts it in a reasonable or constructive insight, but it's not like there isn't some backing to some of the issues here.

The entire third person fiasco comes to mind. And would still prefer it not be in the game. Ghost Heat is another thing i'm not too happy with. The 3/3/3/3 drops and ELO matching have hurt the drop times and how easy it is to find a game, while not helping with their intended purpose at all. I would rather drop into a completely random match and get rolled 12-0 if it meant I could roll and play with my group and friends. And besides, with quicker drops, that 12-0 roll doesn't hurt nearly as much when you aren't waiting 3 to 4 minutes between a match to do so. Also, I'm sure this has been addressed, but what about collision? Is that ever making a comeback? Or is it something that was completely forgotten in the scrum? Sometimes it seems all the complicated algorithims for the matchmaking system is an awful waste of time, that could be put elsewhere, especially when it's not really wanted. The matches are already random map and other players (other then your group) then why complicate matters with matchmaking coding? That time should be poured into the coding for Community Warfare, where the randomness is dropped out, and team play is really a factor.

You want constructive criticism? There it is. Stop focusing so much on fighting a reddit group and work on the game, please. It's what they want, It's what you want. Want to make the hate machine stop? It's a fairly easy fix, if you focus your energies on the right place.

In closing, I've put a lot of money into the game, and still support it. the mechs pilot wonderfully, the graphics and the scenery are pretty nice (thought I would love to see more maps, and a choice on the matter.) How about groups of any size? does that REALLY hut anything? The more friends are allowed to play together, the more they will want to play the game. (And no, I don't mean in just private matches either.)

Edited by roadside fury, 27 May 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#98 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

All good points, Niko, exactly why r/mwo is not a place to visit anymore. However, things break down on game balance, i.e. whenever Paul takes over. Even with the new approach to community contacts, we keep getting "deal with it" messages whenever that part of MWO is involved. Dude is making you look bad, constantly fuelling player rage (not limited to r/mwo).

#99 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

Maybe if, matchmaker, gameplay, pricing and experience weren't so horrible they wouldn't have so many pissed off customers. A lot of my mechs are unplayable because of the state of the game/matchmaker. I am not willing to buy anymore mechs because leveling a mech is damn near on impossible.

#100 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

If you are blaming PGI for anyone's immature actions, I consider your opinion null and void.

So typical of this generation. Hide behind someone else's actions to justify your own, after having first completely misinterpreted their actions. "I don't agree with Ghost Heat, so it's my quest to blacklist this company." Get a life. One ill turn does not deserve another. You are responsible for your own actions and if you act uncivil, the only ones who listen to you will be other uncivil people like yourself.

The story of MWO's development has already been revealed to us and has NOTHING to do with money-grubbing or apathy towards the community. Failing games don't produce launch modules, clans, or even new matchmakers. If you're not familiar with the story, get your facts straight before you walk around accusing PGI of malfeasance and using it to justify the defamation and smearing going on at r/mwo, largely sponsored by three or four people who have been banned from these forums and whose objectivity can hardly be trusted.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 27 May 2014 - 10:56 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users