#101 north ranger

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNear Periphery

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

Russ, "4x3 is solid; it's a viable gamemode,"

If 4x3 were going to be a gamemode along with assault, skirmish and conquest, I would be all for it...

#102 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 28 May 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Even with bribes you can only get less than 400 players testing, whats that telling you Russ?.

That players don't like to go onto a test server where all of their progress and matches are meaningless?

#103 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

Thank you so much for reducing the AC max range. I've been waiting for a long time for my "stock weapon" JM6-S to not be far better than my other mechs. It's just a pity that it hasn't happened until now as i'll be selling my IS mechs when i get clan mechs :lol:
Oh btw, imo you should also make IS AC's burst fire, make ER/PPC's spread their damage a little (just a little), and have all LRM's streaming (but up their damage too) :D

#104 Pihoqahiak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 359 posts
  • LocationU.S.A., West Coast

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

View Postdarkkterror, on 28 May 2014 - 08:47 PM, said:

That players don't like to go onto a test server where all of their progress and matches are meaningless?

There isn't much "progress" or meaning from any match in this game to a large amount of this game's population right now, that's a huge part of the problem with this game overall.

#105 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

#106 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

Ya thats a valid point, you could look at it that way.
See i could look at it and say, well its telling me that the test time is way to short, and your not getting test info thats relevant..
I could also look at it and say, well considering it was testing one of the most anticipated and probably one of the most important features needed for CW and that bribes errrr rewards was offered and only 400 people turned up, well it seems the game is lacking a a large number of interested players, that the population of dedicated MWO fans is very low.
But its not us that the question was aimed at it was Russ, but i find that he really has litle interest in answering questions.
Same as when they tell me that they are fully commited to MW i get that picture in my head of Dev playing tetris on his phone on the most important day The games launch , to me that showed the amount of devotion that Dev has to game and community.

#107 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

HAHAHAHAHA, dont do that to poor Nomad, logic has no place in his world lol.

I like the VLOG guys, though it is a bit on the slow side, keep up the communication.

#108 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:40 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 29 May 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

Ya thats a valid point, you could look at it that way.
See i could look at it and say, well its telling me that the test time is way to short, and your not getting test info thats relevant..
I could also look at it and say, well considering it was testing one of the most anticipated and probably one of the most important features needed for CW and that bribes errrr rewards was offered and only 400 people turned up, well it seems the game is lacking a a large number of interested players, that the population of dedicated MWO fans is very low.
But its not us that the question was aimed at it was Russ, but i find that he really has litle interest in answering questions.
Same as when they tell me that they are fully commited to MW i get that picture in my head of Dev playing tetris on his phone on the most important day The games launch , to me that showed the amount of devotion that Dev has to game and community.

I am a very dedicated MWO fan, but honestly, I dropped twice in the test server and then went back to earning my pay in the main server because I did not wish to waste my time in game without earning something for it in all honesty. I have prem time to consider lol

#109 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 29 May 2014 - 02:40 AM, said:

I am a very dedicated MWO fan, but honestly, I dropped twice in the test server and then went back to earning my pay in the main server because I did not wish to waste my time in game without earning something for it in all honesty. I have prem time to consider lol

It's sad too be so poor.

#110 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:01 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 29 May 2014 - 02:49 AM, said:

It's sad too be so poor.

I am sorry you are poor Nomad. I honestly do not know how that feels, but I believe that you are saddened by your current state. Buck up buddy, one day you will get a good job and live a fun happy life, keep at it tiger.

#111 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 29 May 2014 - 03:01 AM, said:

I am sorry you are poor Nomad. I honestly do not know how that feels, but I believe that you are saddened by your current state. Buck up buddy, one day you will get a good job and live a fun happy life, keep at it tiger.

Job? fek why? im retired. im nearly 60.. lol
I smoke weed an play games.( Legally of course :)

Poor and stupid.
Your 4 hour premium time testing neted the testers 24 hours premium.
Your math sucks..
"Buck up buddy, one day you will get a good job and live a fun happy life, keep at it tiger."

Edited by N0MAD, 29 May 2014 - 03:08 AM.

#112 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 29 May 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

Job? fek why? im retired. im nearly 60.. lol
I smoke weed an play games.( Legally of course :)

Poor and stupid.
Your 4 hour premium time testing neted the testers 24 hours premium.
Your math sucks..
"Buck up buddy, one day you will get a good job and live a fun happy life, keep at it tiger."

Please tell me you are not here in CO? I will have to buy you a coffee if you are.

And poor, not even close, I should be, I have 7 kids and a wife, and take care of my Parents, I should be dirt poor, lmfao. I have never been one to test though. I have played wow since beta, and have only stepped into the test realm a total of maybe 10 mins in what, 9 years now of play. I am what a good portion of players are, we want to play, not test. Let those who wish for certain changes waste their time, as long as the game is fun after patch, i play, if not, I go away. It is as easy as that. But, with my life, I have learned not to squander anything I spend money on, and prem time running without me playing is squandering lol.

Edited by Zuesacoatl, 29 May 2014 - 03:14 AM.

#113 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 29 May 2014 - 03:09 AM, said:

Please tell me you are not here in CO? I will have to buy you a coffee if you are.

My wife just asked if this was a male dating site.
:)

#114 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:22 AM

Even with bribes you can only get less than 400 players testing, whats that telling you Russ?.

the fact that the test server is never up for more than 4 hours on a single weekday evening may have had something to do with it, if it was left up all weekend I would have tried it, but the fact that it is usually up when I have other plans and again in the early hours of the morning (UK time) when I have to be up for work the next day makes it inconvenient for me to participate

#115 Karn Bloodstar

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:49 AM

Just a few Questions.

Why is the ansewer to balancing always to nerf ? And when are you guys gona stop nerfing stuff just because some ppl have skills with weapons mechs etc. , and some ppl don't. To me if the game isnt gliched and a guy can hit me from 1500m with a ac20 i be like nice shot.. Not dang when is pgi gona nerf that!

Thanks for the info but when is CW gona be ready to go LIVE!

#116 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

Track IR and Aero Fighters,,,, Nice...

#117 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

View PostDarth Buddha, on 29 May 2014 - 03:51 AM, said:

Aero Fighters

Actually it is a Leopard DropShip :)

#118 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 29 May 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

Actually it is a Leopard DropShip :)

Aff

#119 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

QFT

Fair enough

View PostRogue Jedi, on 29 May 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

the fact that the test server is never up for more than 4 hours on a single weekday evening may have had something to do with it, if it was left up all weekend I would have tried it, but the fact that it is usually up when I have other plans and again in the early hours of the morning (UK time) when I have to be up for work the next day makes it inconvenient for me to participate

This hits the nail on the head. You want real data, you appeal to the community and make sure the server is available for more than a few hours on the 3rd Thursday of the month....

The larger problem is that people just dont care anymore. People have asked to test things, and they have tested a couple things and given real feedback, and they get ignored when they give feedback. They shifted the content and style of the game to cater to the CoD kiddies with the 15 minute attention span instead of the hardcore fan base that builds communities that last for 10+ years. All the people that would have beta tested 3X4 for free are gone. Long time Mechwarrior fans are in mass exodus. People just dont care. PGI is out "on the island"...

That includes myself.

You ever wonder why PGI took the players online counter away? Id love to see the real statistics for players from CB to now. How many truly active accounts there are.

#120 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:58 AM

View PostKael 17, on 28 May 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

Light mechs taking less damage in falls than heavier mechs?

You do realize that bigger mechs are, by their very nature, much more robustly built than lighter mechs, Quiaf? Thicker struts, more robust bracing, myomers capable of increased stressing needed to move larger war machines...

Has the Inner Sphere back-slid so badly that this simple logic is lost upon you? What Blakest fantasy has you thinking that lighter mechs without such building considerations wouldn't take more damage?

I'm mostly ok with how they are doing this, but they need to look at some mechs first before they make a blanket change like this. The Highlander is built with reinforced legs because of its use of death from above tactics, which in turn should make it more capable of withstanding a fall than others in and around its weight class. Things like this is why they really need to get quirks in place for all the mechs that reflect their roles and unique attributes so we don't have a repeat of the Awesome and its poor 3 PPCs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users