• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 29 May 2014 - 06:58 AM, said:

I'm mostly ok with how they are doing this, but they need to look at some mechs first before they make a blanket change like this. The Highlander is built with reinforced legs because of its use of death from above tactics, which in turn should make it more capable of withstanding a fall than others in and around its weight class. Things like this is why they really need to get quirks in place for all the mechs that reflect their roles and unique attributes so we don't have a repeat of the Awesome and its poor 3 PPCs.

I asked about that on Twitter - hoping I get a response eventually

#122 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

what is the title badge. Will this mean we can change our names for other players to see in game?

Will a badge mean i can put factiion decals on my mech. A ghost bear decal on my shin would be great.

Edited by 116th NorskaFresh, 29 May 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#123 nullptr

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:28 AM

in following to Russ avoiding elaborating on the "under the hood" of MM (for understandably reasons):
could we get some explanation for the engineer/programmers crowd?

in particular (assuming that the problem was indeed the MM implementation and not player behavior /population) :
1. in general, how is the MM structured and how does it match players?
2. what changes were introduced to implement 3/3/3/3?
3. why did 3/3/3/3 fail to scale to live server population even after players adjusted their weight class to even out queues ?
4. what is the "plan of attack" for the next iteration?

as a software engineer i am very interested in the answers - very few of us face scaling issues equivalent to live game server populations, and fewer share their solutions.

Edited by nullptr, 29 May 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#124 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Target Loss Module:

What if I have BAP, Adv. Target Decay, and Adv. Extended Sensors? Does the Target Loss mod still make them instantly blink out? What if I had them TAG-ed as well? What's the counter to the counter or is it just an "I Win" module?

#125 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 29 May 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Target Loss Module:

What if I have BAP, Adv. Target Decay, and Adv. Extended Sensors? Does the Target Loss mod still make them instantly blink out? What if I had them TAG-ed as well? What's the counter to the counter or is it just an "I Win" module?

TAG isn't going to matter, as it only works when on the target (drops as soon as it is not), and Extended Sensors only extends the distance of sensors, so it has no relevance in this. My assumption is that the Target Loss module is a counter to the Target Decay module, just like BAP counters ECM. BAP would be good to hear more info about, since it is designed to find hidden mechs within a short range, so it would make sense if it overrides this Target Loss module, which simulates the same affect as shutting down (instant target loss).

#126 Opus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

Posted Image

#127 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostOpus, on 29 May 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Posted Image

I'm hoping they implement the 4x4 Russ talked about, at least, but I really hope they drop the whole "1-group" rule, as that is very counter to this team-based game.

#128 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

I have been very supportive of MWO, but I feel now as though being lead by the promise of community warfare that is only mentioned in blurbs and single sentence comments.

When? Even a rough timeline would help me hold my faith in the game becoming more than just a deathmatch and cap game.

#129 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostBongo TauKat Talasko, on 30 May 2014 - 06:05 AM, said:

I have been very supportive of MWO, but I feel now as though being lead by the promise of community warfare that is only mentioned in blurbs and single sentence comments.

When? Even a rough timeline would help me hold my faith in the game becoming more than just a deathmatch and cap game.

Fall 2014.

#130 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostKarn Bloodstar, on 29 May 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

Just a few Questions.

Why is the ansewer to balancing always to nerf ? And when are you guys gona stop nerfing stuff just because some ppl have skills with weapons mechs etc. , and some ppl don't. To me if the game isnt gliched and a guy can hit me from 1500m with a ac20 i be like nice shot.. Not dang when is pgi gona nerf that!

Thanks for the info but when is CW gona be ready to go LIVE!

It's because, rather than touching PPCs, these Devs "balance" every other weapon in the game around that and medium lasers, instead of the other way around.

Hence autocannons get gutted every couple of months, normally after a big Sale on Hero Mechs that require them.

Brilliant.

#131 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

Niko,

Obviously there is going to be some sort of drop ship in the near future as seen at the end of the video.

Questions:

1. Is it just for animation, or is it functional as in, we get to load up 4 chassis and respawn in another chassis during a match?

2. If you can't answer #1, when can we expect more information on the drop ship?

Jody

#132 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostStevie Ray Vaughan, on 30 May 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Hence autocannons get gutted every couple of months, normally after a big Sale on Hero Mechs that require them.

Brilliant.

Autocannons don't get "gutted" every couple months. One or possibly two gets a small change once a quarter, max. They tested this out on the AC2 last go around, and they still work just fine for what they are meant to. Now the other ones are brought in line like they should be, and the game will be better off because of it. Next they will hopefully make them burst-fire, and THEN we can start worrying about something else becoming dominant.

Edit: oh, and the last hero was the Treb, which doesn't have a single ballistic hardpoint...

Edited by Cimarb, 30 May 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#133 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

View PostHeffay, on 30 May 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

Fall 2014.

No offense but is that official or just grapevine information?

#134 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostBongo TauKat Talasko, on 30 May 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

No offense but is that official or just grapevine information?

Official However as Russ says, Fall extends until Dec 21, so late 2014 is still "Fall".

Edit: This is easier to follow than Reddit.

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 30 May 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#135 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

NGNG Podcast 108:
http://www.nogutsnog...hp?topic=1924.0

12:00 Paul and Russ say version 1 of community warfare is slated for 'Fall 2014.'

Edited by Thorqemada, 30 May 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#136 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 30 May 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Since we got a few people asking about the badges and titles, I asked around and am happy to reveal some of the following info...

Clan Collection owners will receive a badge for each Mech included in their Collection.
They will get titles to reflect the included Collection Mech names as well.

As an added bonus, Gold Mech packs will get a Gold badge and title version.

Meaning similar to the Overlord badge or Legendary Founders badge? When will we get to use these titles we have been earning, btw?

#137 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

Niko, any info on targeting computers? I may not get an Adder any soon but i would like to know what are the plans for its implementation...

#138 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 30 May 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Niko, any info on targeting computers? I may not get an Adder any soon but i would like to know what are the plans for its implementation...

I second this and asked Russ/Paul on Twitter but didn't get a response. Since I am getting both the Adder and Masakari, I would really like to know how his gear will work!....

#139 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 30 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

I want to chime in to thank whomever wrote the transcript. I'm rarely going to take the time to watch video, and actually didn't watch VLOG #2 or #3. Text is really much more helpful.

#140 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostCimarb, on 30 May 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

I second this and asked Russ/Paul on Twitter but didn't get a response. Since I am getting both the Adder and Masakari, I would really like to know how his gear will work!....

Here ya go they will tell us next week.
http://twitter.com/...502883351408640

Edited by Imperius, 30 May 2014 - 02:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users