#41 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

View PostDavers, on 28 May 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

It's nice to see all the 'end game' module content can be easily ignored by competitive players. When you add in the upcoming Chaff consumable, how many items have been implemented to counter LRMs?

Thomas does not work with PGI anymore, so the ETA on that may be indefinite.

It sounds as if they two modules that are anti-missile ("target loss" and "AMS speedup" module) are the solution instead of a consumable...

Edited by Deathlike, 28 May 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#42 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

I have concerns with the clan modules as described in particular the one that instantly drops lock, but we shall see.

I think Artillery and Air Strikes are fine as is, but if you are going to change them I want to make sure you remember that before they were buffed to their currently usable and worthwhile state they were rarely used because they were complete and utter trash. Do not repeat that mistake.

I would still like to know more stats on clan weapons because right now there are still a lot of questions.

As for falling damage I'm ok with what you described, however you need to look at individual mechs before implementing something like this. As an example the Highlander being a bigger mech under this system would take more damage from a fall than most, but that mech was designed with reinforced legs because of the use of death from above tactics, and as such it should be more resistant to falling damage than some that are lighter than it is. Much like the Awesome was impacted more by ghost heat than others when ghost heat was added I don't want to see something similar happen to other mechs when a broad blanket system like this is added.

Edited by WarHippy, 28 May 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#43 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

The AC range nerf is just going to reward and encourage MORE poptarting.

Unbelievable.

View PostJetfire, on 28 May 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

I agree, keep the pain but space them out, make the global team CD for Arty and Air Strikes 60-180 seconds and make the CD grow for every use.
I suggested exactly the same thing. The issue isn't the damage they do, it's the frequency with which they're being used.

#44 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostAppogee, on 28 May 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

The AC range nerf is just going to reward and encourage MORE poptarting.

Unbelievable.

I suggested exactly the same thing. The issue isn't the damage they do, it's the frequency with which they're being used.

Yep, fahget about DPS its all burst dmg now.

The instant target lock losing mod sounds imba as hell. There are enough counters to LRM fire as is.

#45 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

Srsly. What was this?! 2 Months of nothing not even the old format. That has to be a joke.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 28 May 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#46 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostJetfire, on 28 May 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

I agree, keep the pain but space them out, make the global team CD for Arty and Air Strikes 60-180 seconds and make the CD grow for every use.

The pain would need to be drastically increased for that to be worthwhile to players to even consider purchasing. Most players would never be able to use their strike because it is on a long global cool down which leads to people just not buying them, which would be no different to nerfing them to the point of uselessness like they were before their current usable state.

#47 Kerttu

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

Thanks for the vlog Update!
I look forward to the changes of ACs!

#48 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 28 May 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

The pain would need to be drastically increased for that to be worthwhile to players to even consider purchasing. Most players would never be able to use their strike because it is on a long global cool down which leads to people just not buying them, which would be no different to nerfing them to the point of uselessness like they were before their current usable state.

You would just save it from match to match until you got the opportunity to use it. I'm not sure how that is a huge issue. Arty spam due to the current power is kind of silly and nerfing the damage will make it irrelevant again. Keeping the solid damage but decreasing the frequency seems like the only sensible route. That or titanium umbrella hats.

#49 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:25 AM

"...we have community warfare coming up shortly as you guys know thats our main focus. As soon we get the Clan mechs out we're going to be heavily focused on community warfare. "

Question have you all been focused on Community warfare at all? Its been a few years.

Other than that good vblog.

Edited by Saxie, 28 May 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#50 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:28 AM

View PostGoosfraba, on 28 May 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Russ:

From the bottom of my heart, listen to me, what you have up there is unsalvageable.

It is time.

Posted Image

I think the Heisenberg look would work on Russ Tbh. I shaved my hair long ago because **** genetics thats why.

#51 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostJetfire, on 28 May 2014 - 10:24 AM, said:

You would just save it from match to match until you got the opportunity to use it. I'm not sure how that is a huge issue. Arty spam due to the current power is kind of silly and nerfing the damage will make it irrelevant again. Keeping the solid damage but decreasing the frequency seems like the only sensible route. That or titanium umbrella hats.

Sensible to you, but not to everyone. I myself feel they are fine as is, and I don't even use them all that much. The problem with your proposal is people are going to be sitting on a module that they may not get to use more than once every few matches which means you would be better off taking something else that you can use every match. Some people are going to see repeated situations where they could have made use of an equipped arty/air module only they are never able to make use of it because of the long coold down you proposed, and then get frustrated with its uselessness in the majority of matches. If they want to limit its use tie it to the command console, but don't make people waste a module slot on something they may not even be able to use because of punishing cool downs.

#52 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

I really liked the design of the dropship at the end, so it seems we'll be getting it in-game and possibly even able to interact with it! Also the head movement tracking thing, acronym lost on me...

#53 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Great update, even if we did miss a VLOG last month. If this was recorded last week, as Russ mentioned, then the turnaround on it was very good and hopefully we can see them roll out that timely from here on out.

I'm sure there will be tons of hate mongering and complaining, but I just want to say that the information that is coming out about the Clans is amazing and I just wish it was coming sooner and more often, as there are still lots of people holding back from ordering because of that lack of information!

Just keep trucking and improving - especially from Paul's section, it is obvious that you are starting to take suggestions to heart, and that is very much appreciated.

#54 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:49 AM

Add the dropship and a defendable unit. Make it distructable so we can protect if or blow the hell out of it. Watching something go boom would be nice for a change

#55 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 28 May 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Just for clarification to those who have asked: The Modules available in the Collections which have raised P2W concerns are going to be graphically unique in their effects only. Other standard variations will follow for other players, just like with the Clan Mechs themselves.

That causes a follow-up question: will these visual modules take up the spot of a "useful" module, or will here be a separate "visual" slot just for modules like this? If they take a useful spot, they are worthless and will never be used. If not, they are very cool.

#56 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 28 May 2014 - 11:04 AM, said:

It's more so that the way the module effect is presented in game will be different. Otherwise they will behave as other modules. :huh: Follow-up from the Dev team is incoming.

Makes sense, so the unique AMS module might make the AMS shoot tracers instead of normal mg rounds or something in addition to performing its normal effect.

Edited by Jetfire, 28 May 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#57 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostImperius, on 28 May 2014 - 08:37 AM, said:

Well, very little info we didn't already know :huh:

...I was hoping we would have an announcement about adding 2-12 groups to the 12 man queue and... Nope, but that island I'm on is filling up with people.

So now we will just have a ton of tournaments going on so they claim they can't blance anything during a "BETA" tournament... That's the whole point of it right? To make changes where needed.

After, not during

#58 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Yeah you never make changes during an official competition, it would just be silly.

#59 Forte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostAgroAntirrhopus, on 28 May 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

Is the instant lock loss module going to negate my hard earned Advanced Target Decay module?

Other than that, great video!

My thoughts on these "Clan Modules". Having heard nothing about skill trees module restrictions or what have you.

1. Visual and audio cues? Does this mean if I can see a mech I can determine what modules he has on? If so that is awesome. It adds a factor to identification that is interesting. It would also be cool if there were a mod that showed your paper doll but hid your weapons from enemy scans and they have to see what you have based on what you are showing (since the new weapon attachments are for the most part identifiable).

2. I wonder if these are Clan only or everyone, if everyone I do imagine they'll be available for unlock and purchase quick. If Clan only, I wonder if they'll take away IS versions of things so that they are different but equal? (They'll have to add a couple more interesting ones to IS for that to happen)

3. These modules are very anti LRM. Better AMS? Heck yes. Quickly pulling off locks? Sure (tho I hope that if someone has Target Decay module vs a LoS Module that they cancel and it is like normal spotting)

4. The statement on fall damage is interesting in that it starts to combat the meta along with AC nerfs. Hopefully we'll see something about PPC, tho I feel they are in a nice spot at the moment (tho not when paired with JJ and AC).

Overall decent blog, but would have been nice if they released some printed info on current mech weapon stats. The Command Chair post mentioned they might nerf damage, range, heat, DPS, cooldown, jam chance etc. Would be nice to know a little bit of advance info on this so we can think about it some.

#60 Ladehemmung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 28 May 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

(...)Our next question is for Alex Schmidt. What are the unique clan bonus modules and how do they work?

Clan modules are designed for the clan pack, which means they will also be released with the clan pack. We will have 5 different modules, 2 weapon modules and 2 normal `Mech modules. The 2 weapon modules are - one will increase the rate of fire of the AMS so you can take down more missiles. And the second one will improve the NARC, so increase range and increased duration. With the 3 `Mech modules we'll have one that reduces fall damage, one that will make you move faster when you've lost a leg, and one that - if an enemy has targeted you and you move out of sight, that target will be instantly lost, so there's no decay anymore. If you've pre-ordered one of the Clan packs, depending on which Clan pack you will get some or all of these modules together with a unique visual and/or audio effect.(...)

Why do Clans get a NARC-Module? Clans see Artillery as dezgra! I admit some configs use NARC, but not very much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users