#141 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Clan std ACs? heretics !

Get rid of the single-fire ACs and put all of the ACs into burstfire mode with only the LBX (cluster) using a single shot.

Giving Clans Standard ACs with front loaded pinpoint damage will just make everyone choose them and nobody will use LBX or UACs at all.

#142 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 04 June 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

Clan std ACs? heretics !

Get rid of the single-fire ACs and put all of the ACs into burstfire mode with only the LBX (cluster) using a single shot.

Giving Clans Standard ACs with front loaded pinpoint damage will just make everyone choose them and nobody will use LBX or UACs at all.

Oh I know.

View PostGigastrike, on 04 June 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

And to clear up your assumptions about my thoughts: I'm not taking lore into account at all, I'm not confused about discussions between lore and MWO, I never for a second thought that they were going to make IS autocannons fire in bursts, and I'm not being told this by anyone, I feel like I'm the only one who isn't living in this fantasy world where poptarting with Clan ACs is still possible.

People who use autocannon as a catchall are as confused Elmer Fudd when he tells Bugs Bunny to be very quiet, he's huntin' wabbits, and then Bugs Bunny proceeds to tell him that 'wabbits' are large grey animals with a horn, short stubby ears and over 8 feet long (rhinos).

I don't use it as one, you shouldn't either, and you should never listen to someone who apparently does because not only will they confuse you but they will probably confuse themselves.

Also it would have been poptarting with Clan LB-Xs. Now it'll be poptarting with Clan standard autocannons.

There's no end to poptarting until PGI gets its head out of its rear about this front loaded single shot autocannon business, or takes a page from tabletop where (from custom MWO rigs thrown into tabletop) poptarting was not only very unviable, it was detrimental to the point of suicide. I'd score maybe 1 hit out of the 3 weapons once every 4 or 5 jumps. Then I tried not jumping and got everything to hit...repeatedly.

Of course the reasoning behind that supposedly is while thrusting the mech vibrates, moves forward and upward; but not only that while both thrusting and when just falling, the entire time you had to maintain your balance. Even when jumping you'd have to make adjustments for every twist and turn and repositioning of the arms to aim; the entire array being quite complex. Here you press space, A or D to turn, no balancing required, and just move the mouse to fire. Not even remotely complicated.

#143 Speerit Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 226 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 28 May 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

You people (PGI) have to be the densest skulls this side of Kentares.

You are certified idiots.

I'm done.

Oh, you'll be MISSED.

#144 FORGE88

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPimpville

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

sweet ill be here :huh:

#145 tuke

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Wow. I seriously encourage you to improve the quality of those Warhorns. Were they grabbed royalty free or something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users