• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostAlex Warden, on 28 May 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

neither,,, look at the hands

I think this is the Nova Cockpit.

And this video was great, a lot of news informations here!

Keep on going guys =)

Edited by Aleski, 29 May 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#122 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Funny how a bunch of people mistook the Griffin cockpit for the Nova cockpit, even though the person who posted it stated it was just posting it for comparison. :)

#123 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostKeeshu, on 29 May 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

Funny how a bunch of people mistook the Griffin cockpit for the Nova cockpit, even though the person who posted it stated it was just posting it for comparison. :ph34r:

No Griffin Cockpit, No Nova Cockpit ... its a Timberwolf Cockpit
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Degalus, 29 May 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#124 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostDegalus, on 29 May 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

No Griffin Cockpit, No Nova Cockpit ... its a Timberwolf Cockpit

I think you are in the good way =)

It's very close in the shapes of windows!

#125 Scendore

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

Did anyone notice the last few seconds of the video they show some hints of things such as TrackIR support? Or am I just wishful thinking

#126 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Ok, so all Clan ACs fire in bursts, and the second half of that is just telling us what they're doing behind the scenes to make things work?

#127 ShadowMaw

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

It's not a Griffin cockpit.
Posted Image
But it could possibly be a Summoner rather than Timber Wolf? Not sure.

Kodiak base kodiak!!!

See those arms on it? Looks like it has some claws there also. And the 4 lasers on the arm being shot off.

Hehe.... One could hope. :ph34r:

#128 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:22 PM

View PostShadowMaw, on 29 May 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hehe.... One could hope. :ph34r:

Uh...
O.o; That's my Griffin. :D Seriously that's my Griffin.
I used that picture to show the one on the monitor is not a Griffin.

Edited by Koniving, 29 May 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#129 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 29 May 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

Ok, so all Clan ACs fire in bursts, and the second half of that is just telling us what they're doing behind the scenes to make things work?

Clan UACs fire in bursts, the "Clan ACs" do not for MWO.

Which makes me sad. All ACs in lore fire automatically or in bursts, doing x number of shots (depending on caliber and class) to do rated damage.

Edited by Koniving, 29 May 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#130 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 28 May 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

if an enemy has targeted you and you move out of sight, that target will be instantly lost, so there's no decay anymore

Posted Image

#131 SirLANsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 29 May 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

Thats great and all, but there is not any, game play mechanic wise, way to enforce that at all. You just can't, well technically you could but you would literally kill the game at the same time....so not gonna happen. Didn't happen in previous MW games, so why would this one be any different.

#132 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:55 AM

Little Update of my Picture. Im 95% Sure that it is an Timberwolf.
Posted Image

#133 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:27 AM

A possible solution or temporary fix for ammo swap types could be to have it so by equipping the Clan LBX, you get both the LBX and AC10 that share a cool down on the hud. (so if you press fire button 1, you fire the lbx, and fire button 2 fires the AC10.)

Problems with this idea are ammo types (although this could be bypassed by just equiping ac10 and lbx 10 ammo and the gun consumes them accordingly.), and what happens if you try to fire both at the same time (maybe have one override the other?)

TL;DR: Make the Clan LBX treated as both an AC10, and LBX with shared health, cooldown, etc.

#134 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

Yeah, it seems to be the Timberwolf cockpit. Great overview in there...and maybe one of the best Clan Mechs.

#135 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:14 AM

Fall damage should be based on drop velocity, NOT altitude. Once again, PGI fails at mechanic design.

If I drop from 100m and I feather my JJs all the way and land gently, I should take zero damage.

I'm going to call it now. When this "feature" gets implemented, we are going to see people's legs exploding from fall damage because it forgot to compensate for JJs

#136 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostKoniving, on 29 May 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Clan UACs fire in bursts, the "Clan ACs" do not for MWO.

Which makes me sad. All ACs in lore fire automatically or in bursts, doing x number of shots (depending on caliber and class) to do rated damage.

Do we actually know that, though? That's kinda the idea that people came up with during that podcast where they just kept saying "autocannons". Even now they just keep saying "autocannons fire in bursts", without making any distinction.

#137 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostGigastrike, on 04 June 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

Do we actually know that, though? That's kinda the idea that people came up with during that podcast where they just kept saying "autocannons". Even now they just keep saying "autocannons fire in bursts", without making any distinction.

Listen to that podcast.
Paul specifically stated, multiple times, "Ultra Autocannons will fire in 5 shot bursts."
Paul also made the specific distinction, "Clan Ultra only. Not Inner Sphere. They will not be changed."
"No burst fire for Inner Sphere autocannons?"
"No. We want them to feel unique."
Also during it, "Clan LB will have switchable ammunition between slug and cluster rounds."
"Inner Sphere will not be able to change ammunition. It would completely obsolete the AC/10."
(Later because PGI couldn't manage this code, it was changed to Clan LB and Clan Autocannons as two separate weapons.)

Simple facts. Ignore the other dudes. Paul is the one and only person to listen to. Sean and Darren may as well be crack addicts on the street, they have as much to do with game development as the neighbor's cat who somehow manages to use your shoes as a litter box.

#138 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostKoniving, on 04 June 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

Listen to that podcast.
Paul specifically stated, multiple times, "Ultra Autocannons will fire in 5 shot bursts."
Paul also made the specific distinction, "Clan Ultra only. Not Inner Sphere. They will not be changed."
"No burst fire for Inner Sphere autocannons?"
"No. We want them to feel unique."
Also during it, "Clan LB will have switchable ammunition between slug and cluster rounds."
"Inner Sphere will not be able to change ammunition. It would completely obsolete the AC/10."
(Later because PGI couldn't manage this code, it was changed to Clan LB and Clan Autocannons as two separate weapons.)

Simple facts. Ignore the other dudes. Paul is the one and only person to listen to. Sean and Darren may as well be crack addicts on the street, they have as much to do with game development as the neighbor's cat who somehow manages to use your shoes as a litter box.

There is no one telling me that Clan LBXs will fire in bursts besides PGI, the distinction between IS and Clan ACs is irrelevant here, and two thirds of the time the burst mechanic is mentioned for Clan autocannons, they just say "autocannons". The other third they specifically mention UACs.

I have listened to that podcast multiple times, specifically to try to figure out if the burst mechanic will apply to all Clan ACs or just UACs, and I've given up. There is nothing in it to imply that LBXs will fire single shots, and the fact that they refer to autocannons so generally most of the time when talking about the burst mechanic implys that there is no distinction.

The only reason why people even think that LBXs fire single shots is because they use the word "slug" in the podcast, combined with a hefty dose of denial, and we've been telling ourselves that this will be the case for so long that we don't even question it anymore.

Edited by Gigastrike, 04 June 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#139 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

View PostGigastrike, on 04 June 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

There is no one telling me that Clan LBXs will fire in bursts besides PGI, the distinction between IS and Clan ACs is irrelevant here, and two thirds of the time the burst mechanic is mentioned for Clan autocannons, they just say "autocannons". The other third they specifically mention UACs.

No one said that LBs would fire in burst. Not even me.

Also during that podcast, NO ONE EVER MENTIONED CLAN AUTOCANNONS. (Okay, Sean did, multiple times, but Sean is as bright as a broken light bulb in a haunted house.)
Except when Paul said, "Clans do not have autocannons."

It's exclusively Clan Ultra-autocannons that will be burst as a game mechanic.

(You might be confusing discussions about Battletech lore, where all autocannons are burst fire.)
The only reason Clans will have autocannons is because PGI could not code the LB Autocannons to fire Cluster and Slug rounds.

(Psst. LB-X slug rounds in MWO would have been similar to autocannons, or this shotgun with 'frag' rounds).

Edited by Koniving, 04 June 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#140 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostKoniving, on 04 June 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

No one said that LBs would fire in burst. Not even me.

Also during that podcast, NO ONE EVER MENTIONED CLAN AUTOCANNONS. (Okay, Sean did, multiple times, but Sean is as bright as a broken light bulb in a haunted house.)
Except when Paul said, "Clans do not have autocannons."

It's exclusively Clan Ultra-autocannons that will be burst as a game mechanic.

(You might be confusing discussions about Battletech lore, where all autocannons are burst fire.)
The only reason Clans will have autocannons is because PGI could not code the LB Autocannons to fire Cluster and Slug rounds.

Oh, I see what's going on here. You're not aware that people use the term "autocannon" as as a catch-all for normal, LBX, and ultra autocannons. Either that or you're some sort of purist who rejects it. Well allow me to quote this very thread: "[color=#00FFFF]the Autocannons are going to be firing in burst-fire mode[/color]". It's strange that they would simply say "autocannon" when Clans "don't have autocannons". That's because it's a catch-all. There is no distinction being made here, therefore we should assume that is applies to all.

And to clear up your assumptions about my thoughts: I'm not taking lore into account at all, I'm not confused about discussions between lore and MWO, I never for a second thought that they were going to make IS autocannons fire in bursts, and I'm not being told this by anyone, I feel like I'm the only one who isn't living in this fantasy world where poptarting with Clan ACs is still possible.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users