#81 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostPrawfut Bludskin, on 28 May 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Nowhere does it say EXCLUSIVE bonus module.. just BONUS module... you get them for free for buying the pack. people who did not buy the pack will have to buy them threw other means. likely GXP to unlock and Cbills to purchase. The only EXCLUSIVE part of the clan packs are the exclusive geometry on prime variants, exclusive pattern on prime variants, and an exclusive wallpaper if you buy a big enough package.

I think what people are confused with is the 'Unique' and immediately associate this with 'Exclusive'. But Unique I believed just meant something not currently available.

I would like a clarification on are we getting 4 or 5 now or if there are 5 modules and we select which 4 we want?

Edited by Monsoon, 28 May 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#82 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

View PostMister Blastman, on 28 May 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

This stinks, as everything else does, of hardcoding and not properly using objects and functions. PGI desperately needs good coders.

"Alternative Fire" or "Secondary Fire" is Lostech.

#83 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Matchmaker:

Assault = 4 or Assault + Heavy >= 50% of drop means that the medium class struggles in comparison due to having a larger presence of heavier mechs that can co-ordinate in a blob. 3/3 was still a problem for mediums but at least offered the idea of an emphasis of mobility. But 4/3 A/H possibilities now skews the game back to heavier orientaitons of use and this against the precidents of BT expectations yet the modelling of Mech classes still following these conventions.

Perhaps as a result of 4/3 A/H potential the idea of helping the medium chassis now becomes more viable due to this possibilty of a skewed imbalance of heavier drop compositions again.

So perhaps consider re-scaling some of the oversized mediums (already identified as a balance issue previously by PGI) to afford them a better viability in game with survival. Especially now that the distribution of drops makes it now possible for them not to mostly consist of this class anymore which would be an expected economical influence inherent from a BT understanding. Either that or consider an improvement to Medium mech capabilities to account for this imbalance from BT understanding.

So whilst mediums are not useless the ever present idea that they are under represented or can be in drop compositions that has been consistantly the case with the PGI model since day one has not been correctly balanced to give a more ideal choice of this platform having the significant use it should have. Otherwise the ever present heavy blob will remain as the goto choice. Which I guess from PGI's perspective helps the bank balance with more expensive mechs having more of a place in the game, but does nothing for helping rebalance these things for the medium pilot play style.

Without mediums being rebalanced to be able to better survive the "big blob" potential whilst not useless for pilots to consider, will still comparatively not be a go to choice and will simply remain as the pinata of the MWO drop composition to help sell larger mechs imho.

Edited by Noesis, 28 May 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#84 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

Nothing like an exclusive module that completely shuts down non- paying players modules.

That's really irritating.

#85 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

These communications are great, please keep them up.

I didn't understand Paul's comment's - is he implying that you are looking into giving us the ability to switch between Clan AC's and Clan LBX's when we mount Clan LBX's since the engine can't support switching ammo?

There is some other information I would like to know:

Do clan weapons suffer from the exact same ghost heat limitations as IS mechs? Are they limited to IS numbers of weapons (put another way - will the Nova explode if it tries an alpha?

When Paul was taking to Sean Lang on NGNG, Sean stated that Clan double heatsinks were probably "very efficient", to which Paul agreed. What does this mean exactly? Are they better than current IS heat sinks (i.e. x1.4) or are they more efficient because they are smaller?

We haven't had a lot of info on Gold Mechs, if I replace the arm of a gold mech with an arm from another configuration, does the new arm get the gold color or not?

I am very excited for 4x3 and SRM fixes, Thanks for the update on those, I am waiting for them.

If you were to release the exact details on gold mechs you would probably sell more - people like info.

I am glad Russ is so focused on CW. I think it will make a huge difference in this game and have been awaiting it since the beginning. Keep pushing, if it's anything like private matches, it will be well worth it.

I also want to complement you and PGI for sticking to this patch every other tuesday, I know it take a lot of effort.

#86 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostPrezimonto, on 28 May 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

Nothing like an exclusive module that completely shuts down non- paying players modules.

That's really irritating.

They didn't say Adv Target Decay wasn't affect nor other modules, they may have simply neglected to mention that.

Also...wtf ECM shuts down a lot of modules on non ECM mechs. 360 target, target decay all don't work :huh:

#87 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 28 May 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Also...wtf ECM shuts down a lot of modules on non ECM mechs. 360 target, target decay all don't work :huh:

And don't get me started on ECM either. No one wants to hear my griping anyway, anymore.

#88 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostPrezimonto, on 28 May 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

And don't get me started on ECM either. No one wants to hear my griping anyway, anymore.

Awww... you need a hug.

#89 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 28 May 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Addendum Note:

There has been a mis-understanding in the latest V-Log (#4) when talking about the Clan Modules. These specialized Clan Modules are included with the various Clan Packs that are on sale. These modules are visually different from the non-Clan Pack version which is available for C-Bills to all players.

Yes, you can take a Clan Pack Module that you got with your Clan Pack and put it on your InnerSphere 'Mechs. It will keep its unique visual effect.

You can also buy the exact same module as the Clan Pack Module but it will not have the same visual effect and put those on your InnerSphere and/or Clan 'Mechs as well. There is no P2W scenario here and we wanted to make sure we clarified this as soon as possible. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

positive 1, thanks niko

#90 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:40 PM

Addendum Note:

There has been a mis-understanding in the latest V-Log (#4) when talking about the Clan Modules. These specialized Clan Modules are included with the various Clan Packs that are on sale. These modules are visually different from the non-Clan Pack version which is available for C-Bills to all players.

Less than a day and we already get clarification on this. Thanks for the communication Niko!

#91 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:42 PM

Not happy about the AC nerf. However, i like the Track iR and the Leopard Class Dropship!!!!! The endless possibilities. Hope they get the MM code done soon.!

#92 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

Nice, that they nerf the Autocannons. They are far too strong now.
Maybe we don't see so much AC20 Jaegers after the nerf...which will be great.

#93 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

Addendum Note:

Yes, you can take a Clan Pack Module that you got with your Clan Pack and put it on your InnerSphere 'Mechs. It will keep its unique visual effect.

You can also buy the exact same module as the Clan Pack Module but it will not have the same visual effect and put those on your InnerSphere and/or Clan 'Mechs as well. There is no P2W scenario here and we wanted to make sure we clarified this as soon as possible. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks for this Niko, now any chance for a brief description on Targeting Computers? Thanks! :huh:

#94 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 28 May 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

MWuahaha arty nerfs.

Yeah russ is starting to look scary, few more months and hes gonna look like that guy from Howard the Duck.

Posted Image

*lol* Made my day.
I love(d) this movie.

#95 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

Nice Vlog. It was interesting to watch.
Oh and thanks a lot for calling it 4x3 btw! :huh:

View PostMystere, on 28 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

1. Autocannons
I think they would be better "balanced" via ammo and repair costs (yes, I want Rearm and Repair back in some form), reduced ammo per ton, and increased chance of ammo explosions.

Well I think it's a good move to adjust the ranges. I'm not calling for a nerf, though. So if it turns out to be a bad move they'll hopefully tweak it further.
That being said I would really like to see repair and rearm back in the game, too. Not only because of ACs, but in general.
Not sure about an ammo reduction, though. I think the fact that you can carry as much ammo as you want is a bigger problem. Limited ammo was a big balancing factor in the TT, and here it should also be one.
How about ammo hardpoints? Wouldn't that be a sound solution?
I guess from a mech engineering point of view it's safe to assume that you can't just cram ammo into some random free spot in the mech chassis. There have to be ammo feed mechanisms and stuff. Distributing your ammo all over a mech can't be a good and unproblematic solution, either. So there's enough good reason to limit ammo capacity.

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

Or back when we had delayed convergence, targeting computers could acquire targets more accurately or slightly faster.

Convergence, delayed convergence and limited convergence would be a great improvement for the game. The only problem I saw with the original implementation was the utter lack of feedback and control. Imagine some lock-on weapons like missiles without a missile lock indicator.. that would be similarly horrible.
And of course that idea for the targeting computer would be great on top of it.

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

(Also Clan Ultras and burst fire isn't changing the lore; it's restoring the lore. Single shot ACs are changing the lore. :D)

Oh this is so true. My biggest griefs with regard to mechwarrior titles have been projectile'ish PPCs and single shot autocannons. Just look at http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Autocannon

It would be so much more awesome to have rapid firing big guns, roaring and thundering away at your enemy.

#96 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostMonsoon, on 28 May 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Thanks for this Niko, now any chance for a brief description on Targeting Computers? Thanks! :huh:

The Targeting Computer is going to keep the Command Console company. It's been alone for too long.

#97 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

Addendum Note:
Yes, you can take a Clan Pack Module that you got with your Clan Pack and put it on your InnerSphere 'Mechs. ....

You can also buy the exact same module as the Clan Pack Module but it will not have the same visual effect and put those on your InnerSphere ....

You people (PGI) have to be the densest skulls this side of Kentares.

You are certified idiots.

I'm done.

#98 Finster

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Addendum Note:

WHAT ABOUT TARGETING COMPUTERS

#99 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

Addendum Note:

You already have an AMS module....why the hell did you ADD another one with a different visual effect...what visual effect can you add to AMS range?

If that's the case, how about you guys give the option to knock off the modules and drop $40 off the package. I already have AMS range and others sound useless.

#100 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostTarzilman, on 28 May 2014 - 02:12 PM, said:

*lol* Made my day.
I love(d) this movie.

gonna post that on russ's twitters

1 user(s) are reading this topic