146 replies to this topic

#61 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

View Postshad0w4life, on 28 May 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

You cannot use IS weapons on Clan mechs, logic would stand that you cannot use IS modules either as they are intended for no clan mechs currently and why would they have clan only modules? Assume you don't get the use them as that is the logic for the weapons already.

Insta target loss for clans vs ECM for IS, none of the clan variants have ECM.

And why are you complaining about people financing a free game getting a few trivial modules, insta target loss is no different than ECM. IS already has AMS range boosting module as well.

First we shouldn't speak about "logic conclusions" if we talk about PGI - Ok.

And "maybe just for me" - there is a different between a breakable ECM module and a "Insta auto lost" module which is not breakable and which makes an "Adv. Target Decay" and/or a "360° Target Retention" module obsolete and useless.
Sure none of the current clan variants have ECM but it will happen (See Kit Fox C as example).

And that's why it is not trivial.

BTW I've no problem if people like me (founder cough cough) spending money in their hobby.

Cya by my side matey. :huh:

Regards A.U.

#62 Prawfutt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe sulfuric beaches of Malibu

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostIanDresariAce, on 28 May 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

DONT NERF MY META!! WHINE!!

Autocannons are NOT sniper weapons in BT. AC5s are not inteded to be used at 1500m. Long distance sniping weapons in BT are Gauss Rifles. the gauss rifle can keep its 3x distance and remain a sniping weapon, all Autocanons should be reduced to 2x max range to bring them IN LINE with lasers.

#63 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

View PostPrawfut Bludskin, on 28 May 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Nowhere does it say EXCLUSIVE bonus module.. just BONUS module... you get them for free for buying the pack. people who did not buy the pack will have to buy them threw other means. likely GXP to unlock and Cbills to purchase. The only EXCLUSIVE part of the clan packs are the exclusive geometry on prime variants, exclusive pattern on prime variants, and an exclusive wallpaper if you buy a big enough package.

I think in the vlog he said the exclusiveness of the modules for the preorders was animation or something or sounds so mainly just visual differences

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 28 May 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

If you've pre-ordered one of the Clan packs, depending on which Clan pack you will get some or all of these modules together with a unique visual and/or audio effect.

Edited added the part of the transcript.

Edited by Corbenik, 28 May 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#64 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

View Postshad0w4life, on 28 May 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

WTF LEOPARD CLASS DROPSHIP AT THE END!?! YOU CAN'T END LIKE THAT!!!

I'M GOING TO START WRECKING THIS PLACE *RAWR*

You noticed that too huh? Oh if only CW involves a workable economy. Got me dreaming big.

Btw, thanks for the Vlog. Please get them out quicker. I know editing is a bother, so is dealing with b-footage and all the rest, but this is a pretty neat feature and I think goes a long way to soothing a lot of frustrated souls.

#65 Jacon Ceronia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 240 posts
  • LocationUTAH

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostLegacy Wing, on 28 May 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

I'm a bit disappointed that there was no news about the Targeting Computer. Actually, I was really hoping they would adopt Xistic's idea....

http://mwomercs.com/...eting-computer/

Identifying and overlaying your target's vulnerable areas is the best concept I've heard so far for such an expensive (in terms of bulk and weight) piece of electronics

Yeah, this is still the best idea to date. Odd that we heard nothing about the TC in this VLOG>

#66 Hayato1983

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

Some questions out of the path, still more to come. Good video though. Get some rest btw.

#67 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

"Unique clan bonus modules are designed for the clan pack, which means they will also be released with the clan pack if you've pre-ordered one of the Clan packs."

Well the question is "how PGI defines Uniqueness?".

#68 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

It's not a Griffin cockpit.
Posted Image
But it could possibly be a Summoner rather than Timber Wolf? Not sure.

neither,,, look at the hands

#69 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostAlex Warden, on 28 May 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

its a Gundam. no but really it Looks a lot like the Nova.

Edited by Corbenik, 28 May 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#70 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

Did I hear Paul correctly? Clan Regular AC weapons?

#71 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:52 AM

That's my Griffin's image. O.o; For comparison.

View PostHawk819, on 28 May 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

Did I hear Paul correctly? Clan Regular AC weapons?

A bandaid, because there's a problem with the current coding and doing Clan LB with switchable ammunition.

#72 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostArgent Usher, on 28 May 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

First we shouldn't speak about "logic conclusions" if we talk about PGI - Ok.

And "maybe just for me" - there is a different between a breakable ECM module and a "Insta auto lost" module which is not breakable and which makes an "Adv. Target Decay" and/or a "360° Target Retention" module obsolete and useless.
Sure none of the current clan variants have ECM but it will happen (See Kit Fox C as example).

And that's why it is not trivial.

BTW I've no problem if people like me (founder cough cough) spending money in their hobby.

Cya by my side matey. :huh:

Regards A.U.

Yeah but if you have LOS then the mech won't break lock, so really I don't believe it will be a big deal, I'd view it as an ECM alternative for Clans.

KitFox C variant currently isn't part of the release package so we can't say clans will have ECM yet.

I didn't say don't be cheap and spend money sir, simply stated that if they give a little bit of a trivial reward then who cares. I'm not demanding founders mechs be made available for me for cbills, you guys deserve em for taking the risk.

Edited by shad0w4life, 28 May 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#73 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Well, not thrilled about everything, but, I am happy with lots of things being said about the new clans. The 4x3 stuff...meh. I like the idea of 4x4 better.

As for the weapon balancing...I guess nerfing all the autocannons range does something they want to do...whatever that may be. Glad to see strikes being looked at. Wish they would tinker with the ghost heat on the beam weapons. They would be a much bigger use if they dialed that back some. Maybe do away with it on MLs all together and up it on LLs to something like 3 or 4 without ghost heat.

#74 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

I would add a vote for another video or write up on what they're planning with Targeting Computers. I'm very interested to see how they'll be implemented.

#75 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

Nova...? I am thinking...maybe...

#76 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

Sees dropship, clanner cockpit, and TrackIR being tinkered with on VLOG - Proceeds to drag kids into room to explain significance; demanding they pick a faction now, and learn to read and write on the inner-sphere battlefield. :huh:

Hears about another AC nerf - kicks dog.
Hears about burst fire ACs - gives dog a treat.
Dog sees I'm on the MWO Forum - Applies for an out of country Visa

#77 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hmm. I have always been sure that the Dropship for Attack/Defend would have been an Union.. After all, it is the one they talked about in the CW presentation and would make quite more sense as it carries a company of 'Mechs. A Leopard only carries a lance.. So wut?

#78 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

View PostHarathan, on 28 May 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

I'm amazed that Strikes are being looked at, but heat scale and poptarting are not.

The mind. It boggles.

This should not surprise you in the slightest. Strikes are a single feature that can be tweaked without affecting other things. Heat scale is a gameplay mechanic with the potential to completely revamp the game's landscape. They're not going look at that until their plate is relatively clear.

#79 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostPrawfut Bludskin, on 28 May 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Nowhere does it say EXCLUSIVE bonus module.. just BONUS module... you get them for free for buying the pack. people who did not buy the pack will have to buy them threw other means. likely GXP to unlock and Cbills to purchase. The only EXCLUSIVE part of the clan packs are the exclusive geometry on prime variants, exclusive pattern on prime variants, and an exclusive wallpaper if you buy a big enough package.

Alright. That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for clarifying that.

View PostLegacy Wing, on 28 May 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

I'm a bit disappointed that there was no news about the Targeting Computer. Actually, I was really hoping they would adopt Xistic's idea....

http://mwomercs.com/...eting-computer/

Identifying and overlaying your target's vulnerable areas is the best concept I've heard so far for such an expensive (in terms of bulk and weight) piece of electronics

I've been suggesting the overlay thing to my lance mates for months now. I wish they'd clarify that piece of equipment. However, I'm 80% sure it'll end up like the command module,

Edited by ShadowVFX, 28 May 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#80 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

A bandaid, because there's a problem with the current coding and doing Clan LB with switchable ammunition.

This stinks, as everything else does, of hardcoding and not properly using objects and functions. PGI desperately needs good coders.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users