#21 Monsoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostFinster, on 28 May 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

Also, my favorite part was where PGI basically agreed that NARC was underpowered... but they're going to make the users pay for the NARC buff in module form. YAY THANKS PGI :ph34r:

Wow, way to read into a simple description of an item. That's like saying all the weapons were under-ranged, which is why they added Weapon range modules...

#22 Finster

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

View Postshad0w4life, on 28 May 2014 - 09:54 AM, said:

It's called your mouse, can't really make weapons any more accurate unless they add in a cone of fire mechanic.

The only thing they could do with them is have it put a box around the target area you want on a mech.

Okay fine. I just want PGI to actually tell us WTF they are doing, one way or the other. If the Targeting Comp. dumps green slime on your 'mech cockpit OKAY FINE JUST TELL US

#23 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

Yepp, definitely a Leopard dropship.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Leopard

#24 Finster

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 28 May 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

That's like saying all the weapons were under-ranged, which is why they added Weapon range modules...

Not really, because other weapons are actually useful without a 2% range increase. NARC is just plain useless. It needs to be fixed, and the functionality of this module should just straight up be added to NARC. BUT GOTTA GET THAT CAISH HOMEY

#25 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

very sad to hear that the rest of the ACs are getting the nerf. I use the ACs on a lot on my light build and now my lights will be back down to medium/short range only again..

#26 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 28 May 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

12 maps for CW? i feel like that is how it is gonna be. No way they can make a good number of maps in time.

I know the feeling, but patience padawan. Maybe with some of the hiring they're doing they'll added some more people to the map making team. One can hope anyway. :ph34r:

View PostFinster, on 28 May 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Not really, because other weapons are actually useful without a 2% range increase. NARC is just plain useless. It needs to be fixed, and the functionality of this module should just straight up be added to NARC. BUT GOTTA GET THAT CAISH HOMEY

Really?! Useless?! I guess all the people I see running with it since they improved it recently didn't get your memo.

#27 Finster

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 28 May 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

Really?! Useless?! I guess all the people I see running with it since they improved it recently didn't get your memo.

People using it doesn't mean it's not still useless. I see people firing LRMs within 180m. Does that mean it's a good thing to do?

#28 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 28 May 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

NOT ANOTHER FREAKING AC NERF!
I don't play with ACs, typically, and don't have the much of a problem with them on the battlefield, but even I don't understand why ACs need to be nerf'd. I haven't kept up with everything on these forums, either, so I don't know what's been reported and why.

#29 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

Just 2 comments:

1. Autocannons
I think they would be better "balanced" via ammo and repair costs (yes, I want Rearm and Repair back in some form), reduced ammo per ton, and increased chance of ammo explosions.

2. Artillery and Air Strikes
No, I do not want more "force fields" added to protect the cockpit. In fact remove the existing one that was added for missiles.

Edited by Mystere, 28 May 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#30 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostDI3T3R, on 28 May 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

Yepp, definitely a Leopard dropship.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Leopard
If they're working on the Leopard, and it's looking that good... I wonder two things:

1) Are they also working on the Overlord (if so, when can we see THAT baby), and

2) Does being able to purchase a Leopard mean that a Merc Corps composed only of a single Lance will be a viable option?

Edited by Kay Wolf, 28 May 2014 - 10:25 AM.

#31 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:24 AM

View PostKay Wolf, on 28 May 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

I don't play with ACs, typically, and don't have the much of a problem with them on the battlefield, but even I don't understand why ACs need to be nerf'd. I haven't kept up with everything on these forums, either, so I don't know what's been reported and why.

It is easier to nerf ACs by tweaking some numbers than to write a correct splash damage fix for PPCs.

#32 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

It's called your mouse, can't really make weapons any more accurate unless they add in a cone of fire mechanic.

The only thing they could do with them is have it put a box around the target area you want on a mech.

They can provide a 'lead' to aim at for certain weapon systems. Specific body part targeting for lock-on weapons. Ability to divide the arms into two separate reticules. Or back when we had delayed convergence, targeting computers could acquire targets more accurately or slightly faster. (Inner Sphere has targeting computers too btw).

View PostDegalus, on 28 May 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

.... Is that a Timberwolf cockpit at the begining?

It's not a Griffin cockpit.
Posted Image
But it could possibly be a Summoner rather than Timber Wolf? Not sure.

------------

My main concern is the AC or LB thing due to the ammunition problem. With the scripters busy this is understandable; they want to pump the weapons out right now instead of making us wait for them to be fully featured.

But after the 4x3 and the mainstay of coding for CW is fixed... will we have the Clan LB and AC remerged into Clan LB with switchable ammunition?

(Also Clan Ultras and burst fire isn't changing the lore; it's restoring the lore. Single shot ACs are changing the lore. :ph34r:)

#33 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

Whaaaa? IS has a whole whack load of modules, seismic sensors etc. And Stream based LRMS vs dual AMS with range boost will probably be bad is my guess.

No Whaaaa....?

If you get the unique modules only with the packages and you haven't access as "normal cbill/gxp buyer" it would be ****.
IMO the AMS booster and "Insta lost" module are too powerful (ecm is not in the house at the begin of O: Revival) and why do you think you haven't access to the ol' IS style modules (like seismic etc.).

And if the Kit Fox C with 3 AMS + ECM + BAP is available for the clans - さようなら sayōnara).

Edited by Argent Usher, 28 May 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#34 Lumunix

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 53 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIn your blind spot

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:34 AM

Did anyone see in the last few seconds of the youtube vid? It looks like a Webcam was being used for head tracking so you could look around your cockpit. I would kill for this to be a finished feature :ph34r:

#35 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

Did anyone else notice the cool (ok... YellowDragon did lol) VR interaction the Dev had at the end of the video?!?! I... WANT!

Edited by Grendel408, 28 May 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#36 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Huuu.. They looked out very exhausted, either they are behind some good partynights, or they really worked hard... Anyway, I hope the really numbers and datas come out soon... Thanks for the video! Would be nice, when such a video could came out after every patch...

#37 Lumunix

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 53 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIn your blind spot

View PostGrendel408, on 28 May 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

Did anyone else notice the cool (ok... YellowDragon did lol) VR interaction the Dev had at the end of the video?!?! I... WANT!

Three screen surround + head tracking = DROOOOOL

#38 Krinkov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

The head tracking at the end is in preparation for Oculus support!

#39 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

The head tracking was amazing. I can't wait to see that in the game.

The Leopard being constructed is just a giant messed up tease...

View PostKrinkov, on 28 May 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

The head tracking at the end is in preparation for Oculus support!

Nope, something different... and arguably better as you won't need a VR unit.

Its insanely old, but this describes it best:

So basically, with a small purchase of a unit to do the head tracking (not as expensive as a huge vr display.) And get pretty much a vr level of immersion done without a separate VR unit needed.

Edited by SpiralFace, 28 May 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#40 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:42 AM

Oh Mann theese Guys realy need an Vacation soon.

I dont like all what they do but doing it exhausted makes it even worse. So Devs.... Take some days off and get healthy back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users