146 replies to this topic

#41 Octantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Am I the only one that didn't know about this clan module that will break locks the second you are out of eyesight? That will give clan lights a way greater advantage vs IS when it comes to scouting. The one exception being the Raven 3L.

I can also see a lot of mediums making use of such a module.

I'm interesting in what the community thinks about this.

#42 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

The head tracking thing is called Track IR, and the rumor (from Karl Berg, one of the devs) is it will be ready for Clan release.

I highly recommend you take a look at Track IR if you have a chance. He's also been working on Oculus Rift support, but there's a lot of issues around that (primarily that he gets viscous vertigo when he uses it, so he has to lie down for 20 min every time he has to test a new build of it).

#43 charov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostKrinkov, on 28 May 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

The head tracking at the end is in preparation for Oculus support!

Nope. It's a Track IR, a very common device for flight simmers. It's also quite old (the first release I mean), I think it has been made available in ~2000.

#44 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

View PostFinster, on 28 May 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

People using it doesn't mean it's not still useless. I see people firing LRMs within 180m. Does that mean it's a good thing to do?

And an opinion is just that as well, or do you have any hard analytic that back your assertion. Since they put a set time and it couldn't be just shot off, it's been very effective. NARC becomes useless when you drop with one and no one on your team is carrying any meaning number of LRMs.

Edited by Monsoon, 28 May 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#45 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

View PostBraddack, on 28 May 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Oh Mann theese Guys realy need an Vacation soon.

I dont like all what they do but doing it exhausted makes it even worse. So Devs.... Take some days off and get healthy back.

They took 6 vacations last year, please don't suggest more.

#46 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

Please don't rewrite the MM. Just make it tonnage limits based on the average weight of each class times 3. You won't need to rewrite code and you can revisit 3/3/3/3 after you start work, and coding, on promised content. Don't get derailed because you will just get bogged down trying to implement 3/3/3/3 and we won't see CW or new maps for even longer time. Deliver promised content and then work on the 3/3/3/3.

BTW... Thank you for listening to our feedback and making these updates easier for everyone to find. Tuesday and Wednesday are great days to release updates because it is between sales. You can remove the previous sale so we do not have to see an expired sale for several days and slip these updates in on the front page.

Edited by IceCase88, 28 May 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#47 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostIceCase88, on 28 May 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Please don't rewrite the MM. Just make it tonnage limits based on the average weight of each class times 3. You won't need to rewrite code and you can revisit 3/3/3/3 after you start work, and coding, on promised content. Don't get derailed because you will just get bogged down trying to implement 3/3/3/3 and we won't see CW or new maps for even longer time. Deliver promised content and then work on the 3/3/3/3.

They already planned to rewrite the MM for CW anyway. The rewrite won't actually delay anything but 4x3.

#48 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostBraddack, on 28 May 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Oh Mann theese Guys realy need an Vacation soon.

I dont like all what they do but doing it exhausted makes it even worse. So Devs.... Take some days off and get healthy back.

Really? These guys take too much time off as it is. It seems like they are always out of town somewhere, or not responding because they took some time for the past few weeks and are playing catch up to what is going on.

Edited by WarHippy, 28 May 2014 - 10:59 AM.

#49 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostHeffay, on 28 May 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

The head tracking thing is called Track IR, and the rumor (from Karl Berg, one of the devs) is it will be ready for Clan release.

Or even sooner, Russ mentioned in the reddit AMA that we might see it on the June 3rd patch.

#50 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostArgent Usher, on 28 May 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

No Whaaaa....?

If you get the unique modules only with the packages and you haven't access as "normal cbill/gxp buyer" it would be ****.
IMO the AMS booster and "Insta lost" module are too powerful (ecm is not in the house at the begin of O: Revival) and why do you think you haven't access to the ol' IS style modules (like seismic etc.).

And if the Kit Fox C with 3 AMS + ECM + BAP is available for the clans - さようなら sayōnara).

You cannot use IS weapons on Clan mechs, logic would stand that you cannot use IS modules either as they are intended for no clan mechs currently and why would they have clan only modules? Assume you don't get the use them as that is the logic for the weapons already.

Insta target loss for clans vs ECM for IS, none of the clan variants have ECM.

And why are you complaining about people financing a free game getting a few trivial modules, insta target loss is no different than ECM. IS already has AMS range boosting module as well.

View PostIceCase88, on 28 May 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

BTW... Thank you for listening to our feedback and making these updates easier for everyone to find. Tuesday and Wednesday are great days to release updates because it is between sales. You can remove the previous sale so we do not have to see an expired sale for several days and slip these updates in on the front page.

Lets say tonnage is 720T like the tourney
Say 8 of us drop, 5 are in an Atlas, me and 2 others are in Jager's....add the remaining 4 mechs. You can't say those other 4 mechs don't drop, as stated it would require more hardware to support fewer players per match.

Uh Oh doesn't work, enjoy sitting in limbo or what will most likely happen is a whole bunch of forum bitching about not being able to drop with friends, that's the issue with a tonnage limit.

Edited by shad0w4life, 28 May 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#51 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

So are these AC nerfs supposed to make Lasers look like a better choice by comparison? Or is the problem actually that AC range is too far?

#52 Walks_In_Circles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:58 AM

yes. Thank you. Please do more of these. I love having a official "summery" of whats going on. Make sure my investment is turning a profit :huh:

#53 IanDresariAce

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts
  • LocationKentares IV, Draconis March, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:00 AM

People, please, like this post TO GET THE DEVELOPERS ATTENTION!

Dear developers, please, DON'T NERF OTHER AUTOCANONS (AC-10 and AC-20)!!!

DEVS, SERIOUSLY, STOP NERFING EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD TO MAKE IT CRAP!

DON'T NERF AUTOCANONS! WE LOVE THEM! LEAVE THEM ALONE!

And all in all, please, listen to us, players, and don't nerf any types of weapons you can lay your hands on just to make the gameplay easier for the noobs, because the noobs eventually become experienced players and stop needing your nerfing!

So, once again, please, please, please, DON'T NERF AUTOCANONS!!!

Guys, like this post or write your own posts to ask the devs to STOP THE NERF-FEST!

WE LOVE AUTOCANONS!
THEY ARE PERFECT AS THEY ARE!
DON'T TOUCH THEM!!!

#54 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:03 AM

^^
Why not, I can go on a killing spree in a dual ac20, it's not skillful at all. Justify me being able to average 4-6 kills a match.

#55 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

The Masakari package provides the Maximum of 4 Bonus modules. They offer 5. Which of the 5 do we get. Can we choose?
Are they random?
AMS buff. ...No I will use other.
Narc? I don t use Narc.
Faster running legged? Not really important.
Reduce fall damage? For WHAT?
Anti decay? Yes..the best of the 5 and a must have.
So who will get the 5th?
Goldmech are also just 4 of 5.

..we have to see....

#56 Suko

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:14 AM

Alright, the modules are exclusive, right? If so, this could be a problem. That AMS module and the target drop module sound excellent, especially for light mechs. Are these eventually going to be available to all players, or just those who get the clan packs?

(I smell trouble brewing).

#57 Prawfutt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationThe sulfuric beaches of Malibu

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostShadowVFX, on 28 May 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Alright, the modules are exclusive, right? If so, this could be a problem. That AMS module and the target drop module sound excellent, especially for light mechs. Are these eventually going to be available to all players, or just those who get the clan packs?

(I smell trouble brewing).

Nowhere does it say EXCLUSIVE bonus module.. just BONUS module... you get them for free for buying the pack. people who did not buy the pack will have to buy them threw other means. likely GXP to unlock and Cbills to purchase. The only EXCLUSIVE part of the clan packs are the exclusive geometry on prime variants, exclusive pattern on prime variants, and an exclusive wallpaper if you buy a big enough package.

Edited by Prawfut Bludskin, 28 May 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#58 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

MWuahaha arty nerfs.

Yeah russ is starting to look scary, few more months and hes gonna look like that guy from Howard the Duck.

Posted Image

#59 Heffey

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

"Damn. These Kit Foxes keep getting legged how can we fix that? "

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 28 May 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

With the 3 `Mech modules we'll have -- one that will make you move faster when you've lost a leg,

#60 Legacy Wing

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:23 AM

I'm a bit disappointed that there was no news about the Targeting Computer. Actually, I was really hoping they would adopt Xistic's idea....

http://mwomercs.com/...eting-computer/

Identifying and overlaying your target's vulnerable areas is the best concept I've heard so far for such an expensive (in terms of bulk and weight) piece of electronics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users