82 replies to this topic

#61 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

Yes because clan weapons weigh more than IS weapon right

You do realize most clan weapons only 1 ton less right? You still cant fit x2 cac5s and x2 cerppcs in a madcat.

A madcat only has 25.5 available tons. x2 cuac5s and x2 cerppcs weighs at minimum 31 tons with ammo. so I stand by what I said, the dragon slayer will be the preferred poptart platform well into the foreseeable future.

#62 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 29 May 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Apologies if I read it wrong, but many here thought/think that getting locks on targets you can't actually see, ala having actual direct LOS, was BS.

Does this module not correct for that? No SEE, = no Lock.

One assumes the other Lock based modules (360) will still function as they should... If you get a visual Lock and have decay, your lock will hold for its duration, regardless if the enemy has the "no-see-em" tm module on-board.

My comment was more about the general player base demanding that good/desirable modules be nerfed to the same uselessness as existing ones, instead of asking for more good modules.

As for the new module just announced, yes, it does look like "No see = No lock". But, as usual, the devil is in the details.

#63 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostAlexandrix, on 28 May 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

Where have you been? lol :ph34r:
  • Alt. Config. S A highly maneuverable urban combat configuration of the Timber Wolf, the S mounts five jump jets, allowing it to jump up to one hundred and fifty meters. To offset the inaccuracy from using jump jets, the S configuration is armed with a Large Pulse Laser backed up by two Medium Pulse Lasers. The S configuration also carries four SRM-6 launchers and two Machine Guns, making it a deadly close combat fighter.
Here,this is the clan mech variant list that will be launching on the 17th per russ's AMA on reddit.I know...it's ******** that reddit/twitter/facebook is where things like this are announced...

"I actually feel the command chair area has released almost everything as to how they will work and function, please have a look there again. However I do have the Variant list at this point which I can share.
• Adder:
o Prime
o A
o D
• Dire Wolf:
o Prime
o A
o B
• Kit Fox:
o Prime
o D
o S
• Nova:
o Prime
o B
o S
• Stormcrow:
o Prime
o C
o D
• Summoner:
o Prime
o B
o D
• Timber Wolf:
o Prime
o C
o S
• Warhawk:
o Prime
o A
o B
The actual load outs will be shared on the web site very soon but Im sure you can look these up on Sarna and basically understand what your getting."

Thank you for posting this. Never got round to reading the AMA on reddit. So glad they are doing the S variant. Not because of poptarting, but because of the inconsistent hill climb mechanic. And the fact that Canyon Network is by far my favourite map :D

#64 LastPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostXmith, on 28 May 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

But which module will they replace.

Can they afford to go without any of the modules they have equipped at the moment?

Dodging LRMs is easy.

That is what I would call a noob module. It's something a new pilot can use until they get use to evading LRMs without having to use the noob module.

I'd probably use it on mechs that get 4 slots, just because it will save me the bother of pressing P twice once I get to cover to really break the lock.

#65 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

I just cant believe this was overlooked and not seen as a problem with the current poptart meta.

#66 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

View PostImperius, on 29 May 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

I just cant believe this was overlooked and not seen as a problem with the current poptart meta.

What makes you think it was overlooked? :ph34r:

#67 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostTekadept, on 29 May 2014 - 03:48 PM, said:

What makes you think it was overlooked? :ph34r:

PGI seems to be reactive and not proactive from my observations.

#68 Krievian

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:29 PM

I hate to actually say this for once, but that's such a good idea, PGI won't implement it (though not because they are incompetent, but rather because this won't fit with how they eventually try to balance these mechanics against other gameplay mechanics).

View PostSLDF DeathlyEyes, on 28 May 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

Instead of totally breaking lock they should just rework how target decay works. Instead of having locks carry 100% accurately locks should be based off the last seen movement. Target decay should try to predict where the mech will be based off last known location and vector of movement. After a few seconds the tracking should be thought of as no longer viable and then the lock disappears.

#69 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

View PostKrievian, on 29 May 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

I hate to actually say this for once, but that's such a good idea, PGI won't implement it (though not because they are incompetent, but rather because this won't fit with how they eventually try to balance these mechanics against other gameplay mechanics).

This is how they balance mechanics methinks.
Posted Image

#70 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

View PostAlex Warden, on 28 May 2014 - 09:47 PM, said:

well poptarts will suffer from increased falldamage... heavier mechs will get that increased scaled by weight, so good luck assault bunnies ( i hope they make it really hurt ) :huh:

Yep. Instead of capping at 1 damage, it will cap at 1.04, or maybe even one-point-oh-five. Those poptarts will never see the massive nerf coming.

#71 Av4tar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 195 posts
  • LocationOcean 12

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:33 AM

lets hope it will be the instant loss and anti-target-linking

#72 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

Will be adressed after the module reaches its goal as moneysink and has its expected numbers of sale.

Edited by Galenit, 30 May 2014 - 03:00 AM.

#73 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:54 AM

This only serves to nerf LRMs, so I am all for it.

#74 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:22 AM

View Post911 Inside Job, on 30 May 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

This only serves to nerf LRMs, so I am all for it.

If you're are dying from LRM's you're most likely really low ELO (you don't know what cover is) or the match maker gave you a bunch of pataos as teammates and you got swarmed by a steam roll.

LRM's are not that great of a weapon still, they require a fair amount of team work to be effectively used. I was in a match yesterday as a raven scouting for locks for my two teammates on canyon. I put a UAV up behind the enemy team and we blocked out the sun with LRM's. Those bad pugs died quick and most likely didn't know that the 4 of us had 2LRM boats, a brawler, and a scount running UAV. All they knew was ERRRMYGAAAWWWWDDD LRMS are OP!

Edited by Imperius, 30 May 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#75 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:57 AM

Only the preorder people can have those module right? the very best module availaible for cash only, thats the bestest idea ever. I wish i never told myself id wait to see ui 2.0 to buy the whole pack and then waited to see the fix. Now i don't feel motivated in anyways to shell 250$ not even for pay to win.

#76 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 30 May 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Only the preorder people can have those module right? the very best module availaible for cash only, thats the bestest idea ever. I wish i never told myself id wait to see ui 2.0 to buy the whole pack and then waited to see the fix. Now i don't feel motivated in anyways to shell 250$ not even for pay to win.

I don't think they said that. They just get it with their cost, the rest of us will have to earn it with GXP and CBill accumulation.

#77 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 30 May 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

I don't think they said that. They just get it with their cost, the rest of us will have to earn it with GXP and CBill accumulation.

They are UNIQUE modules. And the yalso are exclusive to Clan mech as said in the vlog.

Edited by DAYLEET, 30 May 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#78 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 30 May 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

They are UNIQUE modules. And the yalso are exclusive to Clan mech as said in the vlog.

They discussed this.

They have unique graphics and such, but the actual effects of the modules will be available via a c-bill version eventually.

#79 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

It seems as though it's supposed to help brawlers and strikers get within range without getting LRM'd into next week by ALRM50 + Adv. Target Decay boats.

It's going to be a mandatory module on any non-ecm light and is going to make fighting them infuriating. I can't wait for this aspect.

However, in typical fashion PGI haven't thought it through and in trying to curb the long range meta they're just giving poptarts yet another edge.

Or maybe I'm just an optimist and they really do want MWO to be pogo warrior online.

Edited by Lunatech, 30 May 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#80 The Blood God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 233 posts
  • Locationchester england

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostImperius, on 28 May 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Oh trust me my Timbertart will tart sooo hard mother******* wont find me "negate decay". What she order? Jump Snipe play! <- bad pun on NigNParis

can some one translate this for me ???

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users