#101 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 June 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

as opposed to all those Quality FedupSons Mechs we see? You know, the Valkyrie, Enforcer..... I mean you got some adoptees that aren't REALLY Davey mechs in game (Centy, Jager and VTR), but still waiting for your quality House Designed units to arrive!

Steiner-Davion jokes... zing!

Let me know when they finally sleep together... :P

#102 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostFelio, on 02 June 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well, the issue for me is that it has 3 ballistic slots, and that's the only thing the 2H has going for it, so it seems like you should use them. And with three AC/2s, you can really only bring a medium laser as a backup.

If you are using two ballistic weapons, the 5M could support that with an extra energy hardpoint (at the cost of 1 fewer missile). If you are using only one, the 2D or 2D2 have you covered.

Unfortunately, it's not the only worst variant to have a c-bill bonus.

I actually prefer my 2H to my 5M, though agree the 2D2 is head and shoulders above the rest.
I actually also do my best Griffin work in the 1N, and the only Thud or Wolverine I found worth keeping were their "base" (P) versions.

the only (P) I find egregiously nerfed, is the torso twist on the BLR-1G, but as I demonstrated to MischiefMC, whilst I think it is overly limited still, I can make it work just fine, though it is my least favorite of the BLRs (though aside from the Griffin, and Locust, the only one I kept all 3 Phoenix Pack Chassis)

#103 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 02 June 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

Well, the hardpoint #s would suggest that it would be somewhere close to the 1DC (90) and 1X (80).

The thing is that while I agree with the 1X (because it gets a good engine cap) because it "competes" with the Hunchback-4P, the 1DC is undeserving of this. the 1 and 3 gets JJs, which "expands" on their torso twisting prowess (it's essentially the reverse how how the Trebuchet variants are distinguished). So, it could be as bad as the 1X based on the 9 hardpoints (6B, 3E).

The lack of torso twist kills the 1X IMHO due to not having lower arm actuators, you can't get enough responsiveness to track targets properly. I just kept hitting the clanking against my torso max and bouncing wasting my shots

So the Arrow could have a lot of the same issues unable to turn and track target with those Mg's.

The 1DC isn't going anywhere as far as I am concerned, I run mine with a AC20 and x5 medium lasers. It is worth not having jumpjets.

Regardless I am not a big fan of spamming the ballistics, I would of much preferred 4M over 2 B or 4M over 2E rather than the 6B and 3E.

That being said the stock design is pretty much what I build my designs towards.

Edited by Carrioncrows, 02 June 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#104 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 02 June 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Steiner-Davion jokes... zing!

Let me know when they finally sleep together... :angry:

Well, you know those Daveys have all been cross since turrets were added and it took away their preferred "Cap" battleplan. ;)

View PostCarrioncrows, on 02 June 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

The lack of torso twist kills the 1X IMHO due to not having lower arm actuators, you can't get enough responsiveness to track targets properly. I just kept hitting the clanking against my torso max and bouncing wasting my shots

So the Arrow could have a lot of the same issues unable to turn and track target with those Mg's.

The 1DC isn't going anywhere as far as I am concerned, I run mine with a AC20 and x5 medium lasers. It is worth not having jumpjets.

Regardless I am not a big fan of spamming the ballistics, I would of much preferred 4M over 2 B or 4M over 2E rather than the 6B and 3E.

That being said the stock design is pretty much what I build my designs towards.

If it has the speed to survive, I actually welcome the dreaded 6MG Spid..........er, BJ to my Mechbay! (Unless of course it is nerfed into agility oblivion)

#105 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

as opposed to all those Quality FedupSons Mechs we see? You know, the Valkyrie, Enforcer..... I mean you got some adoptees that aren't REALLY Davey mechs in game (Centy, Jager and VTR), but still waiting for your quality House Designed units to arrive!

Wow now. Davison used more of the mech's then anyone else and I though the commando was used more by Davison as well. Someone did a good article on which mechs and specifically variants belong to whom. Essentially everyone uses everyone else's ****.

#106 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostTygerLily, on 02 June 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

New Hero Blackjack! BJ-A "The Arrow"

Hardpoints:
Left Arm: 3 Ballistic
Left Torso: 1 Energy, 1 AMS
Center Torso: 1 Energy
Right Torso: 1 Energy
Right Arm: 3 Ballistic

Jump Jets: 4

Sounds like a must have for me. ....but I'll still wait for the sale.

At least until PGI makes playing the objective matter again (rather than "playing the objective and capturing the base is trolling.")

#107 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:15 PM

The JagerMech was developed by Kallon Industries & its primary factory is located at Kallon's Wernke-Talon branch, located in a perma-FedSuns system.

The JM6 is hardly an "adoptee" for the Suns. :angry:

#108 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 02 June 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

I don't get this statement at all. Why is ADDING more stuff to the game a bad thing?

All mech chassis need a hero mech. Now there is another design for the BlackJack.

Most of the lights need a hero mech version.

Enough with the silly idea that 3D mech artists have to stop working or be laid off because that magically speeds up bug fixes and new gamplay features...done by programmers and not 3D artists.

Programmers aren't needed to code the newly created mechs into the game? They just magically appear in the game?

#109 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostKoniving, on 02 June 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Sounds like a must have for me. ....but I'll still wait for the sale.

At least until PGI makes playing the objective matter again (rather than "playing the objective and capturing the base is trolling.")

Well, I think we are still waiting for some indication that that's a goal...

#110 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 02 June 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Programmers aren't needed to code the newly created mechs into the game? They just magically appear in the game?

Programmers really aren't involved in that, truthfully. The assets are created and someone plugs them into the database. Done.

Clone Wars Adventures operated for years without a programmer on staff, just adding stuff to the store.

#111 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostKyle Wright, on 02 June 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

Wow now. Davison used more of the mech's then anyone else and I though the commando was used more by Davison as well. Someone did a good article on which mechs and specifically variants belong to whom. Essentially everyone uses everyone else's ****.

Commando's are almost exclusively House Steiner, with a small few being caputred as salvage, and post 4th War, Davion did start using them some, but never in great numbers.

Each House (save FRR and St Ives Impact, til much later), on the other hand have a few truly "Home Grown" designs, with a bias toward others adopted over the years.

(pre 3055)

House Davion
-Valkyrie (Macross Unseen, sadly)
-Enforcer (not enough variants, but I want one real bad)
(one could loosely claim Dervish, but it is more they are the only people still building them, than anything else)

House Steiner
- Commando
- Zeus

One could call the later Hatchetman and Wolfhound as "joint" designs as NAIS was involved in facets of both

House Marik
- Hermes II
(though I believe they end up being the sole producers of several other designs, like the Cicada, Awesome, Trebuchet, Spider, Orion and Hunchback)

House Kurita
-Panther
-Wolftrap
-Dragon (Grand Dragon)
-Daboku (Mauler)

House Liao
- Raven
- Vindicator
- Cataphract

though of those, only the Commando, Zeus, Hermes II, Valkyrie, Enforcer, Vindicator, Panther and (Grand) Dragon have been linked indelibly to the image of their respective houses through the centuries of the Succession Wars, with most others being more or less adopted or linked in recent decades.

#112 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 02 June 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I don't remember having that much of a problem with the 1X, given that most designs revolve around a fast engine (we're talking at least 250+). What made the most sense to make is that your mech must actually turn with light mech as you want your legs facing directly with the mech as much as possible, allowing for your limited torso twisting to do the rest of the work. Mind you, this is a BJ and NOT and Atlas, so it is far easier to accomplish this.

Of course, they are better served at eating armor off of Assaults (then again, I rarely see BJs fielded).

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 June 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Well, you know those Daveys have all been cross since turrets were added and it took away their preferred "Cap" battleplan. :angry:

Your battleplan tends to involve a "Lyran" Scout Lance. That's hardly a fair comparison.

;)

Edited by Deathlike, 02 June 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#113 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 June 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Well, you know those Daveys have all been cross since turrets were added and it took away their preferred "Cap" battleplan. :angry:

If it has the speed to survive, I actually welcome the dreaded 6MG Spid..........er, BJ to my Mechbay! (Unless of course it is nerfed into agility oblivion)

The 1X has speed with the 235 max and 116 kph, but that works against you because low torso twist range and speed are the worst of bed fellows, which is the prime example of why I don't like the 1X.

It simply doesn't make a great dogfighter where the opponents speed as well as your own, limits your ability to keep cross hairs on target.

At that point speed is just a delivery device to get you to positions faster rather than keep you as a mobile fighter in which case the speed is kind of pointless and you might as well tack on bigger guns.

Now the jumpjets will probably help with this, but probably not enough to satisfy my requirements for a dogfighter.

However that being said, if it does have mobility of a higher engine and the torso twist rate I applaud PGI for making a Phoenix Hawk substitute.

In which case I will get it.

#114 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 02 June 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

The JagerMech was developed by Kallon Industries & its primary factory is located at Kallon's Wernke-Talon branch, located in a perma-FedSuns system.

I love that name btw. My name is "Kalon." >.>

#115 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 02 June 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Kallon, I believe, is a non affiliated, multi-nationalistic company. Hence the heavy presence, though also general scorn, for the design in Liao space. Or are you gonna start claiming GM designs for House Davion, too?

Kallon Factories:
Asuncion (CC/FWL)
Bernardo (CC/FWL)
Kirklin (FS)
Layover (FS)
Loyalty (FWL)
Nanking (CC/FC)
Thermopolis (FWL)
Victoria (CC)
Wernke (FS)

In fact, Kallon was founded in teh old Tikonov Commonality, meaning if anything, they would be Capelan, first and foremost.

As for Talon, it lists it as the premiere FedSuns plant, not actually saying which is the premiere "Kallon" plant in the IS, unless perchance the old Objective Raids source listed, which I cannot remember.

#116 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 02 June 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

The 1X has speed with the 235 max and 116 kph, but that works against you because low torso twist range and speed are the worst of bed fellows, which is the prime example of why I don't like the 1X.

It simply doesn't make a great dogfighter where the opponents speed as well as your own, limits your ability to keep cross hairs on target.

At that point speed is just a delivery device to get you to positions faster rather than keep you as a mobile fighter in which case the speed is kind of pointless and you might as well tack on bigger guns.

Now the jumpjets will probably help with this, but probably not enough to satisfy my requirements for a dogfighter.

However that being said, if it does have mobility of a higher engine and the torso twist rate I applaud PGI for making a Phoenix Hawk substitute.

In which case I will get it.

that is my hope, TBH. I have desperately wanted something I could ape a slightly modded PXH build on to. Obviously, I would have preferred something with lower arms, but beggars can't be choosers.

#117 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Was really hoping for some missile slots, oh well.

#118 Eddrick

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Not bad for a Hero Mech. I'm not sure what they would do with the ShadowHawk-2H.

#119 Kharax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:52 PM

NOTHING... go away with crappy new Mechs

#120 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostKharax, on 02 June 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

NOTHING... go away with crappy new Mechs

by all means let's leave the art and modeling department idle whist the actual programmers do the needed programming fixes.......

I gave up white knighting a long time ago, but it doesn't mean I gave up common sense with it.

47 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 47 guests, 0 anonymous users