Faction Sig?

49 replies to this topic

#41 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

View PostOethe, on 04 June 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Yeah but read the quote from Kerensky again. Where does he state it looks terrifying and fearsome? He put it off as a cunning with good instinct and stealth. When it attacked your final moments would be realizing how terrifyingly powerful it was.

Look at it this way, how often does a Wolf snarl at a person? Having been near packs of wolves many times while trapping and hunting from my experience they stare at you with a long pause before just moving on their way. Ignoring you. Only difference is if a pup is around.

When they stare at you, they do not come off as intimidating or ferocious, however I am unable to deny one fact. The logos mouth is open, not shut. You can't say it is hollowing, could it be barking? Sure, but growling or snarling would be just as easily possible in which I concede on it would be looking ferocious.

View PostGyrok, on 03 June 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

Kerensky said the Strana Mechty Wolf might have been the perfect predator, and that is why he chose it as the totem for the clan.

Sounds pretty cunning, and intimidating to me...

Also, nowhere does it state majesty as a trait of the wolf either...

However, I never said terrifying or fearsome.

#42 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

PGI, Just Fix them. No big deal if we know you guys are working to make them resemble what they were but can still have a new twist. Otherwise, send your artist back to school.

#43 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

If they want to do something fancy and new im all for it, but certain things have to be observed. Example: The jaguar looks cartoonish and out of place against its background, which is equally confusing, the ghost bear is closer to being cool but the arms stick out far too much, and the wolf has a pupil in its eye, it should have dark blank eyes like the classic wolf sigil in my opinion.

The jade falcon turned out excellent though.

#44 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Gyrok,

Fearsome - http://thesaurus.com/browse/fearsome
Intimidating - http://thesaurus.com...se/intimidating
Intimidating Definition - http://dictionary.re...se/intimidating

So your word usage may not have been exactly terrifying or fearsome (though others have used it as a description, by saying it would strike fear into the Inner Sphere.) Intimidating is still synonymous with those two words.

EDIT: I would like to add Gyrok my response before was not really aimed at you but was more of a general statement.

Further Edit:

View PostPlasticcaz, on 03 June 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

I actually like the new clan symbols.

They are fearsome, like I imagine the Inner Sphere saw the clans.

There is a little bit of nostalgia in the old symbols though...

As an example of the type of post I was responding to and have been this entire time, I also forget who or what post had the word terrifying used in. Hence I was trying to point out that it shouldn't invoke terror or fear, not unless it was meant as the last thing you saw (according to the quote).

In a previous post I also stated with how I can understand why they came up with the image of the Wolf's head they did use. It made sense with consideration given to why the mouth was open in the original. Bark? Unlikely. Snarling or growling? Most likely. So I see why they did it the way they did.

My main problem is the fact we do not see all six stars (I can look past that as we don't get the full head either.) However the stars are not filled in and the Wolf has an eye that shouldn't be. If the stars and eye were fixed I would be content with it as being a redesign and not a re-imagining.

Edited by Oethe, 04 June 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#45 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

My biggest gripe with the redesign is the eye, fix its placement or remove it. The stars could use a different color to make it "pop" more. The hollowing of the stars was done probably to bring it further away from the originals so that they do not have copyright issues. Maybe resize or crop the logo so that you can see 6 stars instead of 4. The rest of it I like and think that it does the Clan justice as its image. At the very least it is one of the best looking of the bunch. Poor Ghost Bear and Smoke Jaguar.........

#46 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostOethe, on 04 June 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Gyrok,

Fearsome - http://thesaurus.com/browse/fearsome
Intimidating - http://thesaurus.com...se/intimidating
Intimidating Definition - http://dictionary.re...se/intimidating

So your word usage may not have been exactly terrifying or fearsome (though others have used it as a description, by saying it would strike fear into the Inner Sphere.) Intimidating is still synonymous with those two words.

EDIT: I would like to add Gyrok my response before was not really aimed at you but was more of a general statement.

Further Edit:

As an example of the type of post I was responding to and have been this entire time, I also forget who or what post had the word terrifying used in. Hence I was trying to point out that it shouldn't invoke terror or fear, not unless it was meant as the last thing you saw (according to the quote).

In a previous post I also stated with how I can understand why they came up with the image of the Wolf's head they did use. It made sense with consideration given to why the mouth was open in the original. Bark? Unlikely. Snarling or growling? Most likely. So I see why they did it the way they did.

My main problem is the fact we do not see all six stars (I can look past that as we don't get the full head either.) However the stars are not filled in and the Wolf has an eye that shouldn't be. If the stars and eye were fixed I would be content with it as being a redesign and not a re-imagining.

I can agree with the eye looks a bit silly, and I would less mind the number of stars so much if they were a solid color...

#47 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

Yeah the fact we do not have them all makes sense due to it looking like a 'portion' picture of the entire banner. So we can excuse it and say they are there, just cut off.

#48 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

Thank you Nikolai. ^_^

#49 Oethe

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

Thank you the proposed Ghost Bear and Wolf are huge improvements to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users