Returning To 3049 - Feedback

430 replies to this topic

#21 SageOfBattle

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

A well overdue update. Game aspects aside, being lore oriented myself, I think that it'd be incredibly dissapointing to miss the entire Invasion just because someone wanted to continue the timeline continuity.

That being said however, it concerns me that we may be changing the entire Battletech Lore for this game. I'd much rather stick with the main storyline that's already out there: The Inner Sphere gets blindsided by the Clans, they barely stop them and so on and so forth. As it stands, everyone in the game knows what's coming, therefore there will be no blindside, and that'll change the history fundamentally. On top of that, what's to say that multiple houses won't gang up and beat down the Clans to the point of where they're non existent in the Inner Sphere.

With that in mind however, the other part of me that's not a lore-***** is excited to play part in a new version of Mechwarrior/Battletech history. Who knows, maybe we'll see an even more interesting story come out of it. If it does turn out like that, I'll gladly eat the words in the paragraph above.

#22 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Interesting move. But if the S variants aren't available why didn't you opt for some of the other variants available then?

I even made a giant list of available chassis and variants in the Ultimate Mech Discussion thread.

Here's the lights and then here's the rest.

Those posts also contain all the clan mechs with the minimum variants required by timeline and not just the 16 initial omnimechs.

As for moving the timeline I believe it's a smart move. It allows us to actually play through the events as needed. Though the battle of Tukkayyid will have to wait as will the clan buster IS chassis.

#23 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

Can we get a DeLorean cockpit item for surviving this rollback? I thought they were lostech.

#24 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

What about the purpose of the Federated Commonwealth? Even though some Clans will be fighting on the Steiner front, we should have Davion units in Steiner territory to back us up. Besides the Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth are one nation during 3049.

Edited by Will9761, 06 June 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#25 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

So bushwacker is on the table

#26 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostValdemaar, on 03 June 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

I for one approve of the roll back....

Posted Image

#27 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostHelmer, on 03 June 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Edit: DUH... introduction of later mechs... an obvious issue I overlooked. Easy ways to get around it if we're introducing "prototypes" now.

This was also a fan suggested idea. I know this, as I was one (of probably many) who did so. :P

#28 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 03 June 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Can we get a DeLorean cockpit item for surviving this rollback? I thought they were lostech.

Mr. Fusion or bust

Posted Image

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 03 June 2014 - 08:45 PM.
Language

#29 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

Seems like a necessary move, communication clear and appreciated. Thanks!

#30 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

Ooh, pushed further to the start of the invasion? Sweet! Do you have an idea when, or is everything still just scribbles on a white board? Wave 2 would be appreciated... >_>

#31 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

Theta Galaxy (The Smoke Adders) of Clan Star Adder would like to contract in (send units forward under another Clan's baliwick while maintaining their own identity) much like the Hells Horses did in the lore.

I imagine CHH would feel the same way as would other units potentially. There are hundreds of players in these other organizations who would probably prefer to maintain their identities. Please consider that as an option, since there is no mercenary or similar option for Clan oriented players.

#32 Punkass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image

#33 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

You know, I was kind of curious if you were going to be releasing the clan 'Mechs for use/purchase during the beginning of the FINAL wave of the invasion. I mean, the release schedule (for the MC-only at least) 'Mechs matched up with the beginning of the final invasion wave. After that the clans would just have in-fighting as the Truce at Tukayyid is in effect until the refusal war.

I understand the need to push this entire timeline backwards, as I had an in-depth discussion with someone on youtube about it, because of unforeseen issues you had to deal with. I don't have problems with the timeline adjustment by two years but I'd actually suggest 3 years. This would give you ample time to get the bugs out of community warfare so that when it really gets into the invasion there's nothing you have to fix (too major, at least) so that everyone can just enjoy it.

#34 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

View Post1453 R, on 03 June 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

And if I never get my Bushwacker, at least I’ll have my Stormcrow(s) to keep me company on lonely nights in the hangar.

And space-hookers. And those triangular beer-cans :P

#35 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

#36 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

Sounds delightful. CW is the real reason for the timeline, might as well leverage that.

I too would like to see the daily RP news return, really hope we get that.

#37 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,804 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostMadw0lf, on 03 June 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

Should be easy enough, and really cool to see again.

That being said, change the course of history? So the invasion could be flat out stopped? This actually has me slightly interested in CW now!

You mean change the course of history so that we take Terra right?

#38 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

dont remember which mechs had the S variant and what was special about them? :P

#39 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts