67 replies to this topic

#21 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

NeonKnight Approves this message....and Seconds (thirds, thenthes.....whatever)

#22 Pardo Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

I too would like this feature.
I really dont understand why the default section of the mechlab isnt set to 'Owned' mechs only.

#23 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:02 PM

Sort by chassis: Yes.
Sort by owned: Yes. ("owned" as in NOT Trial Mechs)
Sort by weight / weight class: Yes.
Sort alphabetically: Yes.
What is currently in the Select Mech screen: No.

#24 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Bump - This should have been fixed *before* tripling the number of trial mechs available.

#25 Davic Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 66 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:36 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 03 June 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

I second this proposal... as much as I like Trial Mechs and... no, no I don't. I have my filter set to Owned Mechs... I don't own a single "trial mech" so why does it show in that filter? There should be three filters for players to choose from in the Mechlab Mech selection screen: Owned, Purchasable, Trial Mech.

Totally agree with this .. the need for the three selections shouldn't be that hard to add surely ?

#26 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

It's funny but we could filter out trial mechs in UI 1.5 :-)

Edited by Kmieciu, 03 June 2014 - 10:25 PM.

#27 Solemkof

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:26 AM

When I want to browse my 'Owned' mechs, I don't like to be told to BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY a champion mech.
I miss the old mechlab, where I didn't have to browse through the trial mechs and be told to BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY unless I voluntarily opened the Trial Mechs list.

Edited by Solemkof, 04 June 2014 - 12:26 AM.

#28 Chrithu

• Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:33 AM

Yes please. That would be awesome.

A switch to change to a list view (like inventory) or bigger thumbnails would be awesome as well.

I think the "messiness" of the mech selection is one of the more obvious parts where the new UI actually is inferior to the old.

And it is so simple to fix. Like I said bigger thumbnails alone would already do wonders. Not having the "show all" option as default for purchasable mechs would do wonders too.

#29 Nayous

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:07 AM

I wanted to start the same topic today. I totally agree. A good overview for all the
'owned' mechs is important and more comfortable.We've got this new UI with allows
us to see a bunch of mechs. So why wasting the space with twelve 'Trial-Mechs' between
my mech-bays? Please implement a new filter. (Anyway a better sorting- or filter-system
would be nice for a more practicable organisation of our owned mechs).

#30 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

View PostXephan, on 03 June 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

So the 12 trial units are littering my mech screen, I would like to have an option to filter them out.

This.

#31 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:39 AM

Indeed we should be able to organize and sort mechs entirely as we choose. This was one of the promises of U.I. 2.0.

I also hate for example how Champion/hero mechs are isolated from the rest of the normal ones below. My founder's catapult and the free centurion from a month ago belong beside their friends!

#32 Fanatic

• 1,326 posts
  • LocationColonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:36 AM

and for the German speaking Part of PGI :)

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3429412

#33 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostVoranis, on 03 June 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

Agreed. I was already trying to find some way of getting rid of the four 'trial' mechs cluttering everything up and *BAM* now it's twelve? Has to be one of the least wanted features ever.

Yup...THIS.

I own about 12 mechs, it's been forever and a year since I have had even the slightest thought of flying or buying a trial mech...but no matter what I have to scroll past them to get to my mechs I actually want to fly.

#34 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

So the 12 trial units are littering my mech screen, I would like to have an option to filter them out.

Jep, great idea !
I wont play trial mechs. I will play with my own Mechs. So give me something where I can skip these...

#35 Tundara

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

Would love to filter out those Trial 'mechs. It was bad enough when it was just four of them messing with my OCD with their brown 'Buy' buttons in my sea of blue 'Configure' buttons, but now? It's a gosh darn mess! Put them in their own tab, for Jimmy's sake, already! They used to be in UI 1.5.

#36 Ardney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:51 AM

This. A thousand time this! Low hanging fruit, PGI. Do this stuff sooner, rather than later. Stick a toggle for auto-refill consumables in there too, while you're at it.

#37 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

A COMPROMISE. We understand that you want to make sales by advertising the trial mechs in the mech lab. How about If the player owns over 30 mechs, then allow that person to filter out the trial mechs. This person is obviously a regular player and is likely buying mechs without the need to advertise in her/his face.

This way it works out for both parties.

#38 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Having 44 Mechs myself... it's annoying. Had I not sold variants of Mechs I've mastered that I didn't want overall... I'd have lots more but even then... with 12 Trial Mechs (good idea btw Devs... nice to give newbies more options!) cluttering my Mechbays is an eye sore to say the least. My unit will be running either Trial or Stock Mech Nights... but we would love to have a filter like the old UI 1.X as it made sorting Mechs easier... I like that I can select the different weight classes, and they are sorted by tonnage... but I remember a promise of sorts that we would be able to sort and order our Mechs in our own format of sorts when the new UI came out... you met us halfway Devs, compromise and give us a better filter option.

#39 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

View PostGrendel408, on 04 June 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

... I remember a promise of sorts that we would be able to sort and order our Mechs in our own format of sorts when the new UI came out... you met us halfway Devs, compromise and give us a better filter option.

Yes, I would by happy to be able to sort my favourite mechs as one group, my ecm as another, etc. That would be heaven!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 04 June 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#40 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

And a search field please, where I can just type in the Mech's name/variant/equipment/module I'm looking for!

Posted Image

Oh, and a configure button in the 'Current Battlemech' box to quickly configure your.. uh well current battlemech!

Posted Image

Edited by wickwire, 04 June 2014 - 10:59 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users