Filter Out Trial Mechs

67 replies to this topic

#61 jackal40

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

View PostShredhead, on 05 June 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

I have seen it on the NGNG forums, looks like they smuggled it in with the May 20th patch without notice. Phil had discovered it.

I want to thank you for keeping us up-to-date on info that should have been announced on the MWO web site, or at least in the patch notes.

You have made me a happier man, now if PGI could figure out how to prevent their game from crashing - but that's a different thread.

#62 amenophis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

I totally agree with this. The trial mechs should be filtered to the trial tab only.

#63 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

I agree.

I imagine that this is on their magical list of things to be updated... however, all hands are on some fellow named **** while they update the clan pack (and potentially CW) so it may be awhile ^_^

#64 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:42 AM

One of the reasons that sustain the fact that UI planning was not very well conceived, is that it is outdated and does not follow the trends for current (read last 5 years) interface usability.

For instance, this concept of category, folder, directory as a sole mechanic for data separation is completely outdated. They should have made an approach by using something that's called Layered Navigation, an aspect that fits most of the well designed web stores you see out there. And since we have a Checkout button, why not import other great assets and ideas from the inspiring realm of e-commerce? So, the side menu would be a list of grouped filters:

Weight
[ ] Light
[ ] Medium
[ ] Heavy
[ ] Assault

Type
[ ] Hero
[ ] Champion
[ ] Trial
[ ] Phoenix
[ ] Founder
[ ] Prime

Origin
[ ] Inner Sphere
[ ] Clan

Hardpoints
[ ] ECM
[ ] AMS
[ ] Ballistic
[ ] Energy
[ ] Missile

Equipped
[ ] Engine
[ ] Modules

In this way, we easily find every light mech with an engine or module installed, or any mech that has ballistic and ecm, just to give two examples.

Maybe in UI 3.0...

#65 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

Did I miss something or has PGI totally and completely ignored this thread by failing to comment one way or the other?

Come on PGI, drop us some bread crumbs.

#66 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

Always think PGI:
"We want new Players to be comfy"
Even though i highly doubt there are many Players joning since the game has been "out of Beta" (need ... bigger .... quotations!) for some time.
But this is their main drive behind all decisions. Starting wit the Trial-Mechs or limiting Mech-Setup-Options not to overwhelm new Players. Threfore i don't PGI will Change anything in this regard.
Really, when you see it from their perspektve, most decision seem to make sense.

#67 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

12 mechs in my mechbay I never ever want to play are really irritating.

#68 Draal Kaan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 356 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

And then please add an option "Favorites"... Just like "the 4 selected" in the previous UI.

And hey, please fix my Grid Iron. It is displayed as Champion. And the Phoenix things too.

...But then someone will post that PGi is considering the actual UI done atm. :P

Edited by Draal Kaan, 12 June 2014 - 01:32 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users