Thanks For The Trial Mechs

7 replies to this topic

#1 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

This is good. Really good. I don't use any of them, but for newbies looking to have mechs capable of holding their own in all classes with some variety, the selection does deliver.

The Highlander build is especially good.

#2 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:38 PM

I agree this is a great idea. Also, gives a wide range for people to try before they buy

#3 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 03 June 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

The Highlander build is especially good.

Yes, I like the highlander for its Right side mounted weaponry. I can hide, peekaboom fairly well with it, having all my primary weaponry on one side. The JJ, I never did realize how beneficial JJ really are.

Just did 444dmg in a win. Ofc, the thing for all its guns porked off it and its kinda slow overall, but its a pretty good mech overall. Pretty survivable.....I kinda like it.

I am Republic Lord-Legionnaire Fandragon and I approve this message.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 03 June 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#4 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Tis a nice thing, although I can already see it being abused. Had a match where 4 players DCed at the start, all trial mechs. And each match I had today, there was at least one trial DC, usually two.

You get 25k Cbills just for showing up, so before, the trial mech DCs could make 100k Cbills in roughly 15 minutes. Or 400k and hour just doing absentee trial mech DC drops.

With 12 mechs, that potential to farm just increased 3 fold. Which means that just being in those twelve matches nets 300k Cbills in roughly a half hour window. Throw premium time into the fold with the occasional win and it's salvage bonus and you're looking at making 400k+ cbills an hour in matches you aren't even partaking in.

I make 1mil CBills per hour of play with my hero mechs and premium time. I could potentially increase that to 1.5mil if I play in my normal mechs simultaneously.

It's already being exploited heavily.

#5 ArmandTulsen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostJohanssenJr, on 03 June 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

This isn't a new problem. Griefers will be more transparent now, though.

#6 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

Tis a nice thing, although I can already see it being abused. Had a match where 4 players DCed at the start, all trial mechs. And each match I had today, there was at least one trial DC, usually two.

You get 25k Cbills just for showing up, so before, the trial mech DCs could make 100k Cbills in roughly 15 minutes. Or 400k and hour just doing absentee trial mech DC drops.

With 12 mechs, that potential to farm just increased 3 fold. Which means that just being in those twelve matches nets 300k Cbills in roughly a half hour window. Throw premium time into the fold with the occasional win and it's salvage bonus and you're looking at making 400k+ cbills an hour in matches you aren't even partaking in.

I make 1mil CBills per hour of play with my hero mechs and premium time. I could potentially increase that to 1.5mil if I play in my normal mechs simultaneously.

Dang, hadn't even considered this angle.

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

LOL, so its simple really.

Make it where you only get Cbills for what you actually do in the game.

You go DC and do 0...even for a win, you get....oh noes, ZERO cbills....ermagerd...wild thought eh?

Maybe increase over all earnings to balance the loss of 25K just for showing up....but that should be the way its done...not 25k just cuz im here....what? a participation bonus? lol.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 03 June 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#8 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 892 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

I love the new trial mechs, variety is a good thing for this game! Now, let me filter them out of my personal mechbays.

Edited by Flyby215, 03 June 2014 - 04:31 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users