• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

I've just patched MWO and found that my mechbay is now full of trial mechs!

I don't want to have to deal with the information overload every single time I go to the main mechlab screen (it was bad enough before), but it seems that there is no real button for filtering out the trial stuff because PGI have deemed that I 'own' these trial mechs, therefore they will appear. The other filter option is purchaseable mechs which is all of them.

Yesterday I paid another $120 to upgrade to the Masakari package somewhat tentatively, you could call it a leap of faith; I seem to have fallen short and bashed my nuts in on a wooden plank.

Who patches a game to make it worse?

Anyone else upset with the clutter?!

Take care all... Trying to retain my humour.. :P

#2 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Hm. I "liked" this one before I saw the double post that was exactly the same but with a :s on the end of the topic title... What to do...

#3 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 03 June 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Hm. I "liked" this one before I saw the double post that was exactly the same but with a :s on the end of the topic title... What to do...

Burn EVERYTHING!

The trial mechs are irritating yes - but I tend to spend most of my time in a subsection - IE Medium or Light.

Severely reduces the clutter :P

#4 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostKassatsu, on 03 June 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Yeah, I don't know what happened there.. but you know what, if I cluttered the forum with about 8 extra useless posts, people would notice right?!

This is probably just one of those things that people don't think about before they make a patch etc, but then again, the fact that we don't have an effective filter to screen out trials anyhow makes me think 'WTF?! That's BASIC..'

I'm ready to give PGI the benefit of the doubt in a lot of things, hence me buying the Masakari pack, but then every now and then something like this happens.. and, well, you know... doesn't make me feel good.

With the subsections, yeah I get that, but surely a simple 'actual owned' one would be smart. 'Sloppy' is what it says right now.

#5 ArmandTulsen

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

THIS is what you're b****ing about?!

FFS......

Edited by ArmandTulsen, 03 June 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#6 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostArmandTulsen, on 03 June 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

THIS is what you're b****ing about?!

FFS......

Well, to be honest I was never bothered about poptarts, meta builds or nerfing weapons. Ghost heat is a bit silly, but no, this is the only thing that has really upset me so far. More maps would be nice I guess, but plenty of posts on that. Just a bit incensed that they've turned a clumsy clickfest (UI 2.0) into a nightmare. Patches are supposed to make things better right?

Hmm...

I also kept my smiley to show it was in good humour.. wouldn't call it b****ing; just having an opinion.

#7 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

To certain extent I agree with you Nick. I'd say give us three drop down filters: Trial Mechs, Owned, Purchasable

Doesn't seem to complex... then again, it'd be dependent upon how they coded it.

#8 Vweegit

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts
  • LocationEvans, NY, USA

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostDracol, on 03 June 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

To certain extent I agree with you Nick. I'd say give us three drop down filters: Trial Mechs, Owned, Purchasable

Doesn't seem to complex... then again, it'd be dependent upon how they coded it.

Let's not confuse the codemonkies too much. Something like this appears to be on par with putting a man on the moon, when it comes to how long it takes to get it done.

#9 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

i honestly think 12 trial mechs is a good idea, will really help keep and encourage casual players. also let me goof around with some of the few mechs i dont have

#10 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 03 June 2014 - 02:55 PM, said:

i honestly think 12 trial mechs is a good idea, will really help keep and encourage casual players. also let me goof around with some of the few mechs i dont have

To be honest, I think it's a GREAT idea..

It:

Helps PGI to influence people to get more mechs for cbills and MC
Enhances the game for new players which is desperately needed
Allows people to try before they buy
Spreads the load more evenly between classes when MatchMaking helping reduce wait times for all.

On the other hand it encourages the disco b*st*rds out there who like to 'farm' cbills, but you're always gonna get d*cks in an online game.

I'd just rather be able to filter them. God knows how this wasn't realised and acted upon before, but heyho..

#11 Dakkath

• 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

Please see this thread.

http://mwomercs.com/...ut-trial-mechs/
Closing.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users