9 replies to this topic

#1 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

Okay, so, recently I was saying to people that this game doesn't kick people. There is no kick function. But lately things are happening that make me wonder whether the game actually is kicking for some reason.

Recently (before the new patch, as well) I've had random moments in the middle of battle where the game just... quits. Back to the Mechlab, as if I'd have clicked the exit match button. Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't think it's a connection issue, since I end up back to the Mechlab as if I quite beforehand.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:18 AM

It seems to be a random complaint. One I have not suffered for quite some time. Yet I know some who cannot stay connected to save their toon!

#3 Nova Latios Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 606 posts
  • LocationAnother Galaxy

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 04 June 2014 - 05:16 AM, said:

Okay, so, recently I was saying to people that this game doesn't kick people. There is no kick function. But lately things are happening that make me wonder whether the game actually is kicking for some reason.

Recently (before the new patch, as well) I've had random moments in the middle of battle where the game just... quits. Back to the Mechlab, as if I'd have clicked the exit match button. Is anyone else experiencing this? I don't think it's a connection issue, since I end up back to the Mechlab as if I quite beforehand.

Very strange but this never happens to me. Mostly i see people disconectiong for no reason. Maybe that might of happend you may have lost conection and got removed. I think a month ago i saw somone raning about "AFK Kicks" kicking players from the game who are being idle for to long.

#4 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

I had 2 games yesterday where I dropped with my 4 man then was suddenly kicked back into the MechLab while the other 3 guys were in the match.

Edited by Trevor Belmont, 04 June 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#5 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

It just happened again to me, as soon as I joined the match. Odd. :D

#6 ktKAPS

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:34 AM

Doesn't happen all the time but I will get disconnected right when joining the match.

#7 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

Funny you mention this.

We were in a match a few nights ago. Our team had 8 mechs left vs 2 on other team. Poof, 6 of our team with good health were booted from match leaving 2 badly damaged. Of course they killed them and won. A couple matches later almost the same thing happen with same result.

Oddly* a couple of the same players were of the other team.

Other than that our group has seem a bunch of random boots.

2 of us last night had the game and comms die at same time, and neither would reconnect until modem and pc reboot(game or comms). Im east coast, and he is Midwest.

Aside from that a match a day or 2 ago in my Ember took a headshot while in full run. Switch to spectate a mate on comms to see him take 3 in a row to the head in about 10 secs (red, stripped, dead) in a raven in full sprint. btw, was on HGP so no it wasn't running across the open.

But ya, after a couple years have seen some weird crap this week.

Edited by Dozier, 04 June 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#8 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:40 AM

This happened to me before. After much testing, it finally came down to a router between me and my ISP that was throwing intermittent fits. Once my ISP replaced it, all good. It can take time to narrow down the culprit, but don't give up!

#9 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Sorry to bump this, but this is getting worse and worse. Two days in a row, kicked every game. I don't think it's my router, because we had it replaced recently, but then again we're with Dodo so I wouldn't be surprised if they're not competent enough to provide a functional router.

PGI, are you SURE that it's not on your end...?

#10 Ashaira

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:14 AM

Happens to me too from time to time.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users