The Other Clans (Not Big 4)

12 replies to this topic

#1 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

With the release of the clan tags for the forum, what are the members of the other Clans (Hell Horses, Fire Mandrill, Ice Hellion, Star Adder, Blood Spirit, etc) doing? Are you all sticking with a Lone Wolf designation?

How about the erstwhile Clan Wolverine members out there...what tag are you using?

I thought it would be cool if they came up with tags for all the Clans, not just the invaders and maybe even include a Dark Caste or Dezgra tag as well. I mean, it is really just a forum tag since any type of community warfare still seems like a far-off, near impossible dream.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:53 AM

Our members, as always, are welcome to float whatever tag they wish atm and that has not changed. Until we see how CW is actually being implemented (and not just rumored to be so) it is not worth sweating over. It is unfortunate because we would really like to show off affiliation either as Adders or at least as Clan but it is what it is. Just another minor failure in a game with alot of them, weighing down some great potential.

#3 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:02 AM

Everyone here knows I'm all in favor a dezgra faction tag :D

dark caste would be the clan widowmaker symbol it would look awesome rededigned

I can say with confidence that thier will be no not to be named clan tags. They all fled clan space and are working for the comstar,s plan to enslave the known galaxy, they are called the Minnesota tribe

#4 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:10 AM

I'll swap to the Goliath Scorpion faction if they ever make one. I haven't read any books yet, but after looking at sarna's description they don't seem to be too involved with the war because they worry about Star League so much. So they may never get a selectable faction in the game.

So because of this I'll just have to go off of some secondary faction.

As for what tag I'll use:
I'm sticking with Kurita for now. While Catapult is my favorite and is basicly an Inner Sphere general mech, Dragon and Jenner are my other favorites in the Inner Sphere. Also Missles + PPCs are my favorite weapons, and Draconis Combine invents stuff for both of those. And I love the Samurai Honor thingy. Also Dragons and awesome logo, don't like Eastern dragons as much as other dragons but they are still pretty cool in their own way.
As for the other Inner Sphere factions: Davion, Steiner, Marik, all seem somewhat boring to me for one reason or another, Laio I just don't like (I don't like people that fight dirty), FRR is alright but I'd prefer to pick just about any of the clans. So Kurita is really the only Inner Sphere faction I'd like to be. So you'll never see me with any of those as a tag unless someone twists my arm to join them.

However If I had to be a clan member to use clan mechs, I'll probably join Ghost Bear so I can use the Mad Dog and "support" the vast amount of Assault mechs that will probably be there.

If I couldn't be Kurita or Ghost bear, the last 3 would go in order from most likely to least likely:
Jade Falcon - Strong bias from Mechwarrior 2 as a kid (tastes change though so they aren't my favorite anymore). I do like that their mech seems to fancy Jumpjets, and I love being in the air. Their builds are boring but effective usually, nice balanced loadouts between all 3 groups of weapons.
Clan Wolf - I found them to be a little boring as a kid, now that I've read a little bit of their backstory and everything, they are the most boring faction in Battletech to me.
Smoke Jaguar - Not a fan of being a savage, to me they are similar to the Laio of the Clans. Which is a shame because they design some nice mechs. Mad Dog and Stone Rhino (Behemoth) specificly.

It's funny, I dislike Inner Sphere in general, but I like Kurita a lot, I like the clans in general, but when I go to specific clans, there's not much that stands out to me.

(Totally not saying all of this out of boredom)

#5 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

For now, we are probably going to rep several different clans among our members, but I intend to remain LWF on the basis of me being a stubborn ass who refuses to wear another Clan's moniker. :D

#6 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 04 June 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

Everyone here knows I'm all in favor a dezgra faction tag :D

dark caste would be the clan widowmaker symbol it would look awesome rededigned

I can say with confidence that thier will be no not to be named clan tags. They all fled clan space and are working for the comstar,s plan to enslave the known galaxy, they are called the Minnesota tribe

But there IS a Clan Widowmaker so I doubt that will happen.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 04 June 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

WAS at PGI's point of the timeline so who knows. I doubt it as well but for different reasons.

#8 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

Snow Raven for me. :)

#9 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 04 June 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

There was a clan widowmaker, as of 3050 (the year we are in now according to MWO) they don't exist. Having been Annihilated in 2834, in dramatic fashion as it came down to a one on one mech duel with the khan of widowmaker vs the khan of Goliath Scorpain (that clan rocks) in which both were killed by artillery strike. Their bloodnames were absorbed into clan wolf, so the wolves basically carry their blood legacy.

They were vicious fighters, who massacred their own citizens. They broke the circle of equals during a trail of absorption for the planet Ironhold and killed the founder of the clans Nicholas Kerensky with a head shot to his Atlas....

It's because of how vile, feared and vicious they were and because they killed Kerenksy that their symbol is for the most part like sticking the middle finger at the clans and that is why the dark caste now uses it in 3050 and why it would make a great addition to this game :)

Edited by Grimwill, 04 June 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#10 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

My vote is the dagger star for "unknown invader"
After all, mercs have lone wolf quiaff? Seems only fair

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 04 June 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

My vote is the dagger star for "unknown invader"
After all, mercs have lone wolf quiaff? Seems only fair

I agree on the dagger star but mercs should get something like an MRBC or Outreach related symbol potentially. Lone wolves are something else entirely imo.

#12 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

I actually think it would be better that PGI release all the clan tags rather waiting a year or so. It doesn't make sense to me and their no logic under their current plan, or maybe they haven't thought this through. But if you are building loyalty points and getting rewards and such from one of the four clans now

why would you switch to another clan later that you have zero loyalty points with when you already have earned a lot with the clan your in now?

#13 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 05 June 2014 - 06:36 PM, said:

I actually think it would be better that PGI release all the clan tags rather waiting a year or so. It doesn't make sense to me and their no logic under their current plan, or maybe they haven't thought this through. But if you are building loyalty points and getting rewards and such from one of the four clans now

why would you switch to another clan later that you have zero loyalty points with when you already have earned a lot with the clan your in now?

One thing some companies do is give a massive bonus to using whatever the new server is for about a month or something. From what I've seen it always works and makes people stay on that server. It makes the newer servers get some popularity, and gives an excuse for people to share the game with their friends that are just trying to start out.

I would imagine they could do something like that to the clans.

Of course, if each clan get specific bonuses that the other ones don't, then they wouldn't need something like that anyways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users