Clan Logos

239 replies to this topic

#181 Lemming211

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Eagerly awaiting Clan Steel Viper's activation.

#182 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 05 June 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Because a faction icon is a faction icon.
They don't have a modernized, edgy, yellow teeth version of the swedish flag, or the american airforce logo.

Posted Image

since that particular symbol has only been in use since January 2000, might not really be the best example.
Posted Image

sometimes faction icons need an update too. (though if anything these are a step backward to my mind) Faction Icons courtesy Todd McFarlane at Image Comics?

#183 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostKitsune Butt, on 05 June 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

I can still see the notion of warriors who take it upon themselves to decorate their mechs with more elaborate or unique insignia's inspired by the simpler designs as a matter of personal pride though, just as one could have custom paintjobs etc as a warrior of high prestige. It seems hardly different. The Clans, IS, BT in general also doesn't quite have the same customs as modern day earth, although inspired by/derived from.

what symbol should represent a faction? cartoons!? cause that's what pgi have turned the faction logos into

Posted Image

Elaborate illustrations and official symbol for easy recognition of rank state or nation.

Learn the bloody difference!

#184 Ardney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

View Postraigner, on 05 June 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

You missed it. the new emblems won out over the old, there staying.

This is incorrect. The poll you are referring to was an informal poll started prior to official word from PGI. The poll that will determine the fate of the logos will be started by Niko and has yet to be created.

#185 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

Clanners. Showing their true colors as entitlement driven uber gear seeking gimme gimme gimme whiners.

Its like the mouthy brat you to want to slap right in the chops. So satifying when they get whats coming to em.

Can't wait to pop me some clanners. Yogurt grown freaks.

#186 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostHillslam, on 05 June 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Clanners. Showing their true colors as entitlement driven uber gear seeking gimme gimme gimme whiners.

Its like the mouthy brat you to want to slap right in the chops. So satifying when they get whats coming to em.

How does me wanting a Logo that was treated with the same respect as yours, regarding it's history in a 30 year old fictional universe equaling me being a uber gear seeking gimmie gimmie gimmie whine? How does me being able to represent my faction proudly give me any uber powers aside from being with a awesome clan and group of people?

Edited by CoffiNail, 05 June 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#187 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostShalune, on 04 June 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Thank you!

This is pretty much the perfect response, both in action and words. Clearly communicated, sensitive to both sides, and setting realistic expectations for us. Appreciate the clear, detailed, and fair response.

Absolutely this. Couldn't have found better words.

I have to admit the first two lines irritated me a bit, but the rest was top-notch.
Loking forward to more communication like this.
Very much appreciated and both thumbs up!

View PostAppogee, on 05 June 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

Of all the things we need PGI to apply their resources to ... this isn't one of them.

PGI doesn't need to apply their ressources to an attempt to please the majority of their customers?
That's.. a bold claim.

Dude... I don't even.. wtf? Why so hostile?
Players voicing their opinion is not ok? People caring about a product they love is not ok?
Insulting others because you don't agree with them is ok?
Get some fresh air. Spewing poison at players is just as wrong as doing so with devs.
And I doubt, well hope basically, that's not exactly the kind of 'support' the devs want.

Edited by John Norad, 05 June 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#188 Raigner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Its like the mouthy brat you to want to slap right in the chops. So satisfying when they get whats coming to em.

i applaud you for your bravery. No clansmen has been more opposed to changing the emblems then I, however I can not let your insults stand. You have insulted all the clans, and honor demands blood.

Mechwarrior Hillslam of the House Steiner. I am Galaxy Commander Raigner Moon, of the Clan Smoke Jaguar Omega Galaxy, i issue onto you a Trial of Grevince against you insults against my clan and all clansmen, I bring with me any clansmen that wishes to put you in your place for your insults. I shall meet you on the Field of Equals. How do you bid?

Edited by raigner, 05 June 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#189 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Alternate smoke jaguar icon.

Posted Image

(and now you can never unsee the yo-yo in the SJ icon)

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 05 June 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#190 Godimas

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 05 June 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

DAMIT!!!!!

#191 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostJohn Norad, on 05 June 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

PGI doesn't need to apply their ressources to an attempt to please the majority of their customers?
That's.. a bold claim.

In the absence of hard evidence to the contrary, I rather doubt that Clan-oriented players are anywhere near a majority of PGI's active MWO customer base... :ph34r:

----------

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 05 June 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

Actually, I do wonder what that pattern/symbol/object behind the jaguar in both the original emblem & the new rendition is supposed to be... :)

Edited by Strum Wealh, 05 June 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#192 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 05 June 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

Actually, I do wonder what that pattern/symbol/object behind the jaguar in both the original emblem & the new rendition is supposed to be... :)

A star I believe

#193 Et Tu Grim

Rookie

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

As this is literally the second time I have posted after almost 2 straight years of playing this game I do hope the gravity of this is heeded. Simply put, the smoke jaguar insignia is the only one that should be changed...its a SMOKE jaguar...not a black jaguar, honestly even if its just a colour change I would be happy with that but the old SJ insignia looked a hell of a lot more aggressive and violent (like the clan itself) imho. Other insignias look very nice, especially the CJF one. Doesn't need to be fancy, needs to instil fear into the freeborn filth I'm about to thrash into oblivion. ia: now I cannot un-see the yoyo :)

Edited by Et Tu Grim, 05 June 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#194 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

If the art team is going to make both "styles" of logo....why not just let people pick either and keep them both in-game? Have people choose which emblem is going to be made into cockpit/prem items, but allow people to choose which emblem is on their Mech or Avatar

#195 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 05 June 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

A star I believe

Then, why are the blue parts in that particular pattern, instead of a more regular "sunburst" pattern?
Also, how did no one in-universe notice that the emblem of the Fidelis contains both the Clan "daggerstar" and the background pattern of Clan Smoke Jaguar? :rolleyes:

original BT CSJ emblem:
Posted Image

Fidelis emblem:
Posted Image

#196 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 05 June 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

Then, why are the blue parts in that particular pattern, instead of a more regular "sunburst" pattern?
Also, how did no one in-universe notice that the emblem of the Fidelis contains both the Clan "daggerstar" and the background pattern of Clan Smoke Jaguar? :rolleyes:

No idea - just a thought I have had a couple times - "the star behind the jaguar"

#197 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 04 June 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

I should also point out that I have received at least a few "you better not change it now I love the new one" responses. The caveat is that a part of getting the same treatment as the IS means that we're not going to be able to give the players the option to choose between them. Such a change would require new code functionality to the website as well as needed changes in the game client. In this circumstance, we will have to go with the majority vote.

We are currently recreating the clan logos under the "mild refresh" process used with the IS logos. No, they won't simply be the exact old logos either since there is enough ambiguity on rights ownership of artwork to prevent such from being feasible. Additionally, this way they should fit in perfectly with the existing IS logos. Once this art is complete, Niko will put up a poll and it will be a very simple two choice poll. The "Heavy Rework" set or the "Mild Refresh" set.

You realize that you could pull something special, like keeping your current art and content and making it all exclusive for ONE LAST SALE prior to release. Anyone who has previously purchased a Clan Pack or who purchases one from the moment of the announcement until release will get all of that stuff, and anyone who wants the old style stuff will get it (or can purchase it, in the case of the cockpit items) as normal.... right :rolleyes:?

Edited by Sephlock, 05 June 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#198 Raigner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:04 AM

just make the new emblems optional badges like the project overlord and founder ones thrown in with the clan pack that just requires a file rename, pgi its not hard.

#199 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:07 AM

View PostEric Pryde, on 04 June 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Wheres the in game logo for Mercs?

Some would say they're too many in number to have a single agreeable emblem. Others might point out theres a review board for these "factionless loners" something to do with a star....might make a good logo. Just saying.

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 06 June 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#200 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:32 AM

View PostEt Tu Grim, on 05 June 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

As this is literally the second time I have posted after almost 2 straight years of playing this game I do hope the gravity of this is heeded. Simply put, the smoke jaguar insignia is the only one that should be changed...its a SMOKE jaguar...not a black jaguar, honestly even if its just a colour change I would be happy with that but the old SJ insignia looked a hell of a lot more aggressive and violent (like the clan itself) imho. Other insignias look very nice, especially the CJF one. Doesn't need to be fancy, needs to instil fear into the freeborn filth I'm about to thrash into oblivion. ia: now I cannot un-see the yoyo :rolleyes:

Just as you only want Smoke Jag to be like the old one, others want their symbols too to be like their originals.

I'll tell you this now, I'll buy a large amount of GB medallions / logos' with the old symbol, but I'm not going to pay anything where the faction symbol is pretty much a bear giving an "O" face on a field of vomited gradients. (Which in game looks like my faction logo errors out because it just looks like someone went and inverted a random image and called it a faction logo in game.)

Also, russ has already commented and has said that its going to be "one or the other" for ALL clans to keep aesthetic consistency, while no switch is possible as it would require code changes in the game client that they are not going to put in at this time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users