Clan Logos

239 replies to this topic

#161 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

View Postraigner, on 05 June 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

Very well

Chief Executive Officer Russ Bullock and the Parana Games Interactive Content Development Team. I am Galaxy Commander Raigner Moon of the Clan Smoke Jaguar Omega Galaxy, I issue unto you a Trial of Refusal to strip my clan of its newly forged emblem, I bring with me a Dimi-Star of my finest warriors. How do you bid?

I think you will need to wait for the actual vote. I am not sure that you can challenge a decision to put something up for a vote.

No harm in making your intentions known though!

View PostCyclonerM, on 05 June 2014 - 07:28 AM, said:

It is all or nothing. Overall, you may want to vote for the mild redesign quiaff?

Also, i am not sure everyone understood this. As i have understood it "heavy rework" refers to the current new logos that hace been heavily redesigned compared to the originals, while the "mildly redesigned" will be the new versions truer to the originals. Is it correct?

It is my understanding that the terms "mild refresh" and "heavy rework" describe how different from the originals they are. I would not expect the Clan Wolf to look exactly as it is in your signature but overall I hope it would be more recognizable.

#162 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

Of all the things we need PGI to apply their resources to ... this isn't one of them.

#163 elzock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 164 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

Thanks to PGI and all developpers for asking comunity for such details of the game. I do really like that a lot.
And i will vote the old-ones just because of the time they could use for other stuff.

#164 Masterzinja

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

I hate the current heavy reworked symbols, they look cartooney and stylized; not like something any self respecting clanner would allow on his mech.

#165 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:22 AM

Imo, the new heavy designs are fun and well done but not suitable. They break with current continuity and look less sophisticated. I’m cool with the bold colors in larger scale pics but, in pics at smaller in-game scales, they are messy. The current IS style is more sophisticated and looks much better at smaller scales. If some players like the new designs, they have a chance now to copy them and put them in their sig or whatever.

Another option would be to use both - the cleaner IS style logos for smaller in-game use and a bolder, more detailed version for larger pics seen in the forums or in CW announcements. If so, then not until way after clans, CW, and other major content is completed.

Also, its good to see Russ getting in front of PR issues lately before they become bigger issues. Niko, Brian, Paul and everyone have been much more community-engaged and informative. Thanks, guys. I think this goes a long way toward quelling the doomsayers and recreating trust and faith in the dev team and the vision for MWO.

#166 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:24 AM

The only emblem that looks good is the bird...

#167 Steadfast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 767 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

Is hayden gonna work on those? Hes an excellent Unit or insignia craftsman.
~S~
Daniel

#168 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

View PostMoenrg, on 05 June 2014 - 05:23 AM, said:

I applaud this decision, while I do like some of the more vibrant colors you used, I have been looking at clan images since they first came out, these new images just feel wrong.

As far as using a generic image to represent the clans, while I would like my clan to have it's own image (Clan Star Adder), I certainly understand this decision. However I would like to suggest something to all my trothkin. The "daggerstar" is the symbol of a MechWarrior, and while it is an ok choice for us, the whole purpose of Operation Revival (even it's name) was to revive the Star League. If we are going to have a common banner it really should be:

http://fc02.devianta...y_Punakettu.png

We are the true descendants of the Star League Defense Force and this was their symbol. If anyone should wear this symbol, it should be us. The Houses had their chance to elect a new First Lord and chose not to do it. They chose to abandon the principles of the Star League and descend into chaos. While we forever held the Star League as the pinnacle of what mankind could achieve and are still pushing to recreate it.

Cameron star does not work for the Clans. They have the start league and it symbols held in such high regard that the Cameron star is extremely sacred, and almost never used due to this. That is why CGB in 'the hunters' novel I think it was, the CGB forces operation serpent came as cross went ballistic when they saw the inner sphere using the Cameron star. It was blasphamous.

#169 Khan Warlock Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 392 posts
  • LocationThe Grey Wolves Den

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

I applaud PGI for actually listening to the feed back. and responding in such a timely manner. It's little things like this that keep people willing to plod along and hope the game we all want will eventually arrive.

WE are the Warden Wolves

#170 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

View Postelzock, on 05 June 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Thanks to PGI and all developpers for asking comunity for such details of the game. I do really like that a lot.
And i will vote the old-ones just because of the time they could use for other stuff.

So you want them to redo everything? Won't that take more time that they could spend on other stuff?

Personally, I think the new designs look better than the originals. But they are perhaps a bit too detailed and don't look as good when shrunk in game. Not to say the originals will look much better, but we will have to see.

CSJ and CJF both look much better at the very least.

#171 Mister Dubis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

I wouldnt mind it if clan logos looked more like IS logos. Not too much detail but recognizable enough that we know who you are you dirty clanners.

#172 LawDawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • LocationOn the ATTACK!!!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

I like the new ones. My suggestion, since they are here is keep the new ones for the forum Icons and the "mild refreshed" for the Mechs and such.

They new ones just bring us up to date, while the old style on the 'mechs and stuff will still have that nostalgic feel. The new ones look sharp, imo.

#173 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

Is the poll up yet, or did I miss it?

#174 Raigner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

You missed it. the new emblems won out over the old, there staying.

#175 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:36 PM

Actually, this makes a lot of sense. Why use the old Clan logos if you're going to get sued over their rights? Battletech isn't owned by a singular company anymore (for a better description of that, watch Iron Liz's retrospective of the Battletech RPG), so, in much the same way that the Thunderbolt and Battlemaster had to be redesigned, so did the old logos.

For that explanation, I am actually very happy with what we have, but would like something for us Taurian Concordat members over here.

#176 Fanatic

• 1,326 posts
  • LocationColonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostImperius, on 05 June 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

The only emblem that looks good is the bird...

sorry :)

Spoiler

#177 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Now this is how you handle something! Very quick response on PGIs part!

#178 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

View Postraigner, on 05 June 2014 - 11:58 AM, said:

You missed it. the new emblems won out over the old, there staying.

Where?

#179 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

The Jade Falcon logo looks good and the Smokes Jags logo is alright, but the Ghost Bear logo needs tweaking so the bear's head isn't tilted so far back that it looks like it is sitting in a dentist chair waiting for work. The Clan Wolf logo just looks bad and out of place. If we are getting just a binary choice I'm going to have to go with the more traditional look when it is put to a vote.

#180 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostKitsune Butt, on 05 June 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

I absolutely love the new Clan Wolf insignia here, it's really nice and has much more impression on me! Frankly, over time they should simply give a variety of styles to choose from for both IS and Clan factions, there is no other reason not to other than getting a tad lazy about allowing a bit more personalization. No reason everyone here can't be satisfied over time!

Because a faction icon is a faction icon.
They don't have a modernized, edgy, yellow teeth version of the swedish flag, or the american airforce logo.

Posted Image

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users