239 replies to this topic

#121 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

The vote was the better idea to fix that =)
If the community vote to keep the new logos, i think i can survive with them ha ha!! (but i really prefer a rework on them... :D )

Great work, PGI and Russ!

See you on battlefield mechwarrior.

PS: I can't go on game for the moment, can someone show me the look of the icon in game? I mean when we are waiting to the game to launch (when we see our twelve teammates)? Thanks!!

#122 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 04 June 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

So pls point out where i insulted anyone? pls show me?, unlike your post which certainly tries to insult me cough Kiddo cough.
So i would say your comments apply more to you than me. Practice what you preach brother.
And you readily admit you know nothing about the new assets but still talk them up, thats called hype.
It seems you rather deal in hype and hypocrisy than fact.
Well played......

From your own words

View PostN0MAD, on 04 June 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

So 4 maps let me say it again 4 maps in two years you condider a slew. wow

and some people are pleased when some one pees on them and tells them they have had their daily shower,, go figure.

Those are both insulting comments. I tried to give you advice, and show you properly how little respect you receive for the way you post. You don't need to be fake-subtle around the "kiddo" part, that one is intentional, and I stick by it.

I also trust that when the devs say "this is something that we have finished doing" they are telling the truth. They said the map is in the works, and it has new assets. Just by being a jungle/swamp map, that alone guarantees that new assets will be there. As we currently don't have them from our current maps.

Hype is when I start toting the maps as having some things they don't have. I only mention what I know from the what the devs have posted. I was also not hypocritical with my statement. I told you not to do something. I never said I wouldn't do it. Even though by any scale what I did is little compared to you.

Regardless, this conversation is over, as you neither have anything worthwhile to contribute to the discussion, not is it relevant to this thread.

#123 EarlGrey83

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

Thx, fast and nice reaction.

I´m very happy how things have been going in regards of communication lately. :D

Now pls design us the Nova Cat symbol, while you are at it. :angry:

#124 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostAgroAntirrhopus, on 04 June 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

You can count on me voting that the ones we have now are kick-ass.

The new logos look quite good in the FORUM, but they are TOO DEATAILED for the game client !

Please check your FRIEND LIST in the game client or look at the faction icon in the DROP PREPARATION screen :D

Because of this NON-FUNCTIONALITY with small versions of the logos in the game client, I think I will have to vote AGAINST the current logos, although I think that they are looking good in the forum too.

Servus, MEX

#125 Theycallmetheworkingman

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

View PostIguana Iguana, on 04 June 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

Oh how I hate this toxic community.

On one end people complaining that the devs should focus on creating CW and not on Mechs and art.
On another end people complain that they don't recive their snowflake favourite mech.
And then there is this "stuck in the past" people who create a ruckus about some refreshed logos.
Not to mention these people throwing around these ridiclious balance suggestions.

And you further compound it by whining about their complaining. Particularly since some of their complaints (balance issues, UI issues, hit registration issues, CTD and disco issues) are well founded.

#126 Expired

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 572 posts
  • LocationNord-Nord-West

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:46 PM

Great Move, PGI!

... but please concider adding a Merc-Logo aswell, so everyone should be pleased :D

#127 Theycallmetheworkingman

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 04 June 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

So pls point out where i insulted anyone? pls show me?, unlike your post which certainly tries to insult me cough Kiddo cough.
So i would say your comments apply more to you than me. Practice what you preach brother.
And you readily admit you know nothing about the new assets but still talk them up, thats called hype.
It seems you rather deal in hype and hypocrisy than fact.
Well played......

Just stop dude. You're coming across as a clown. If you want to discuss the issue, do so without anger or sarcasm. While I agree with your sentiment that we definitely don't have a "slew" of new maps or even a slew of total maps, I don't agree with your attitude. That goes for anyone in this thread.

I'm not a mod though so I guess you can tell me to piss off.

#128 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:50 PM

Really? the 4 maps comment insulted you?
Second comment was just a reply to the "some people are never happy" reply, you know, the other side of the coin argument.
BTW Cave on Forrest i believe, Vines.
Heres a suggestion if you have any interest in maps or info about maps and Cryengine, Download the Cry sdk a bit over 6gigs have a look at it.
look at this....
http://www.quakewiki...3-nature-shots/
Laters..

#129 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:44 AM

View PostN0MAD, on 04 June 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

So 4 maps let me say it again 4 maps in two years you condider a slew. wow, and lets add the two new ones to the total, 6 wow 6 maps in two years, that just mind blowing, let me see if i can work out this complicated math,, hmmm 6 divided by 2 = 3,,, 3 maps a year,,, 4 months between maps, but wait 2 arent released yet so... 2 maps per years, 6 months each...
And let me be impressed by the new Tree and vine assets...yep ground breaking stuff i got to admit...
and some people are pleased when some one pees on them and tells them they have had their daily shower,, go figure.

So, ever hear of a game called Counter Strike? It's been going for around 17 years now, with multiple itterations and sequels, and is mainly played on something like 4 maps, which have seen very little change over that time, despite there being many more official and countless community maps :D Nothing wrong with having few maps if they are good maps.

#130 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:51 AM

Russ, thank you for your consideration regarding public opinion. It's a relief not because the logos need work (that's secondary) but to see the shift in taking more seriously the community input. That's really important. Can't wait to see the redesigns!

#131 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:27 AM

Good gesture on taking community along for the ride; Those who really feel these really are an abomination will have to settle for community consensus, not the busiest forum thread. In addition it will get rid of tinfoil hat theories and those who already quit, again, oh wait.

I can see how this can ruffle some feathers, though in same breath... don't even think about any redo pass on IS ones... they are perfect just the way they are!
(Although I do like some elements of the new clan ones...)

#132 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

View Postsabujo, on 05 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Russ, thank you for your consideration regarding public opinion. It's a relief not because the logos need work (that's secondary) but to see the shift in taking more seriously the community input. That's really important. Can't wait to see the redesigns!

I agree. Star Trek Online underwent a transformation from little dialogue with players, to involving them every step of the way and it's done a complete 180 for their success. I've noticed even BioWare now days has been doing the same with SWTOR which is the opposite of how they launched.

Bottom line is, to be successful in free to play, you have to keep your players happy and keep them involved beyond just grinding. This is a great move in that direction.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 05 June 2014 - 02:32 AM.

#133 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:44 AM

At the same time Russ opens dialogue with us, I find strange (if not disrespectful) the locking of this pool by a mod, because a "technicality".

Here are the final results:
Posted Image
You can see a trend over there.

#134 Mechwarrior413183

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

Damn it I like the new Jade Falcon logo the old one is bad keep the new one. Any poll to change the new logos back to old ones would be biased anyway as the only people playing clans at the moment are long time battletech diehards who are not exactly impartial.

At least let us vote on whether individual logos should be changed separate from just changing them all at once.

I want to be Jade Falcon not a Jade Pigeon or Jade Parrot like the old logo shows.

Edited by Mockeryangel, 05 June 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#135 Storyteller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 359 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:04 AM

I like the new Jade Falcon logo, but the Smoke Jaguar is way too dark and too insignificant-looking. The Ghostbear logo looks great to me, the Wolf does not need eyes.

I am really looking forward to see the mild refreshes.

#136 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:05 AM

Meh they are not bad they have nice color to them but I agree about the bear easily the worst out of them.

Then again I'm no longer a clanner though I just like the logos for something new.

#137 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:22 AM

View PostMockeryangel, on 05 June 2014 - 02:50 AM, said:

Damn it I like the new Jade Falcon logo the old one is bad keep the new one. Any poll to change the new logos back to old ones would be biased anyway as the only people playing clans at the moment are long time battletech diehards who are not exactly impartial.

Any pools would be biased by the majority?

Oh boy.

#138 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:30 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 04 June 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

With all the posts about how they have a limited/small dev crew, this last part is a stretch. I have been labeled a white knight many times, but this is actually redonculous. To go back and rework an asset already in production because the self entitled loud minority whined about it is just ludicrous.

No, they will be reworking because these news logos are really bad/unwanted and would represent a huge loss of a lot of money.

That loud minority pays for this game.

#139 RJF TwiceBorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:32 AM

Great news. It is really heartwarming to see PGI addressing this issue.
Just a little suggestion regarding generic Clan logo with the daggerstar.
If I understood this correctly there will be some in-game letter designation for it, like C or CLN or whatever, alongside with CJF, CGB, CW, and CSJ for the Clans of the first wave of operation Revival.
What I suggest is: you can make the rest of the Clans represented via their designation + Daggerstar, so that other clanners do not have to wait till their logo completed (And some, I assume, will have to wait quite long). i.e. CBS (blood spirits), CDS (Diamond Sharks), CNC (Nova Cats) and so on, + daggerstar. Might be better than nothing for them.
Just a thought.
Looking forward to see the refreshed logos.

Edited by RJF TwiceBorn, 05 June 2014 - 04:14 AM.

#140 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia, Terra.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

Messing with the Clan Logos was a mistake but I'm grateful that PGI jumped on this so quickly. Looking forward to the more faithful ones.

Edited by Tyberion, 05 June 2014 - 03:54 AM.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users