24 replies to this topic

#21 Sky Ferrix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNorth Augusta, SC

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

I can't say the redesigns bother me all that much, as I was expecting a degree of artistic liberty. It's understandable that fans them to look more accurate to the originals, but it doesn't seem like much of a pressing issue.

Either way, the fact that they're so ready to make changes by request of the player base definitely says good things. :(

#22 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostFoxx, on 09 June 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

I can't say the redesigns bother me all that much, as I was expecting a degree of artistic liberty. It's understandable that fans them to look more accurate to the originals, but it doesn't seem like much of a pressing issue.

Either way, the fact that they're so ready to make changes by request of the player base definitely says good things. :(

As a side note, I like your version of the Clan Wolf logo. It has much better contrast than the original. That is where I hope PGI improves on the original too.

#23 Mechwarrior413183

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

I don't want mild refresh logos, I wanna be a Jade Falcon not Jade Fatty Bird. But alas the only people interested in this are the old logo diehards so we're going to have a poll with a very limited group of people voting on it, so the "mild refresh" option will obviously win.

Woe if only PGI grew the fanbase for this game instead of shrunk it.

#24 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

They would get much larger poll numbers if they advertised it on the launcher, instead of just the forums.

#25 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

I like the new artwork (and the old), here is my constructive criticism - banners and logos (look up medieval heraldry for example) are supposed to use contrasting colors, be. Please just change the banner in the background to a more distinct color for Wolf (right now its a red blob). For Ghost Bear, turn the face down so you can see it more distinctly, or even do a slight side turn if needed for copyright/artwork issues. The Jade Falcon should be holding a sword...... its not really clear what that is. Sorry. That's it, thanks for the great art!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users