Gameplay Loadout

46 replies to this topic

#41 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

Make it so you need to be within range of a mech with a CC that isn't under an enemy ECM bubble or else you get no missile warning :ph34r:.

#42 Judge Redeemer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

View PostKhobai, on 08 June 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

you realize hundreds of people worked on battlefield though right? PGI has like 25 people. putting unrealistic expectations on PGI helps no one.

I'm not proposing some space orbital strikes with huge death lazor ray....
As I stated, everything that I used was already in game...spectator cam? already in...map battlegrid? already in...orders on maps? already in (although I would like to draw markers on it instad of clicking)...
So you just need to make that all together? we already have private lobies...so implementing optional DC slot is just a bit of work...and it gives coll headed DCing, try to dc while your mech is under heavy fire? :) and then try doing DC without all that...

I'm ok with those buffs CC gives now but I think that its useless and that it should have more "tactical" role in game...There were already ideas like this and people would want it...

#43 Spr1ggan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

View PostKhobai, on 08 June 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

you realize hundreds of people worked on battlefield though right? PGI has like 25 people. putting unrealistic expectations on PGI helps no one.

PGI has pretty much double the staff you quoted. Also Titanfall was made with a dev team of similar size. There are also plenty of far more complex games out there that were made by far smaller teams.

#44 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

View PostHBizzle, on 08 June 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

Wait is that Annette Bening in that video? They actually paid money for her to do a short scene? LOL.

No, trust me, the commander is too old looking, AB looks that way now... plus back in the day I checked the credits...

#45 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:53 AM

If it were up to me I would forbid info sharing between mechs, then I would buff LRM's speed and damage and/or spread so that they can be viable in competitive play. Then I would introduce commander mechs that can mount tonns of electronics (not just command console; maybe hardpoint based like ECM) that allows target info sharing to other mechs, target info gathering from other mechs, reduced lock times for self and the team and stuff like that.

#46 Judge Redeemer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:20 PM

Can we just focus on commanding part?
Lets forget about the buffs for as short period of time can we?

#47 Idalgos

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLipetsk, Russia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

Thats kind of thing I was dreaming for a long time! As not a native English speaker, it's kinda hard to use chat in the middle of the firestorm to share my tactical thoughts with teammates. And having a dedicated person to make team tactical desicions and pay attetion to map is cool. God knows how many times my team missed an enemy flank, suicadal charge of light mech to distract enemy team etc. Also, commander role defenitly needs VoiP and troll protection.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users