Mechwarrior: Living Legends Is Not Dead...

793 replies to this topic

#301 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:58 AM

If this games just had more different mechs

But I guess I gonna finally give it a try.

#302 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:03 AM

Well there were many many planned some even nearing finish. Sadly we will never see that.

#303 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

The rest of the garage ain´t too shabby either, have fun trying VTOLS, Tanks and BattleArmor (bestest^^) !

#304 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

I did enjoy the battle armor. Was pretty useless in a full mech on mech match, but it was fun hopping around and shooting people (mechs) in the face.

#305 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

Question to the MW:LL pros, is there a way to increase my FOV in it?

#306 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:14 AM

There might be configs for that I am not so sure on that.

#307 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

MWLL data center.

ID = Raven light battle mech.

Posted Image

The Raven is the Inner Spheres electronic light battle mech. Fitted with advance equipment each Raven variant is geared with all kinds of electronics to assist allied forces across the battlefield in early and late games. However the Raven has a low top speed and little armament pilots are advised too avoid direct confrontation head on with enemy forces as the raven lacks the weapons and armor for prolonged fights. It shines when attached too groups of units providing , C3 , ECM and much much more.

Prime: The prime variant is a work horse electronic mech armed with all the gadgets. BAP , C3 , Enhanced Optics, GECM and MASC allowing it too remain undetected and at the same time transmit data too friendly forces. The weapon load out is build around small and good enough for the task it was build for. 2 ML , 1 Streak SRM 6 and 1 iNARC system. The prime is build around team support giving the allies just about every thing they need intel wise.

A: The A variant functions much like the prime variant in that it carries the same electronics as the Prime, its weapons however are different. 2 MXPL ( X-pulse lasers) 2 ML and 1 TAG laser. The Tag may be used too designate targets and or Guide friendly missiles towards their target.

B: The B variant changes its role slightly and packs slightly different gear and new weapons. the GECM has been replaced with AECM, where now the B variant can cover friendly forces as they make a move on a enemy position however the Raven is now exposed as the AECM only covers the mechs aroundit and not its self. It still carries the C3 but no longer has the BAP fitted. Weapons wise the B variant takes on a more hard hitting load out. Armed with 2 SL, 1 TAG laser and 1 AC-10, Fitted with a LAMS and 1 extra ton free for AC ammo.

C: The C variant changes its close range weapons and now works as a light support and sniper unit. Fitted with GECM , C3 , MASC , Enhanced Optics and the BHP. Weapons are 1 ERPPC and 2 ML. The C is a small Sniper unit with the ability too sit back totally undetected and lay down a barrage of ERPPC fire from a good location. However pilots must be aware of their surroundings as the mech lacks the heat sinks for continues fire.

D: The D variant is another interesting build for the Raven. It follows a similar role too that of the C variant. Fitted with BHP , C3 , GECM but standard optics. Where is falls short in tech it makes up in firepower. Its weapons are 1 SRM 2, 1 ERLL and 3 ERML giving it a larger array of weapons then then C variant at the cost of range. However the same rule applies that extended firing periods will result in high heat spikes.

E: The E variant AKA ( Huggin) is a hard hitting up close raven It is fitted with BAP , C3, Enhanced optics and GECM. This variant also mounts of the most powerful of all the ravens weapons. It is armed with 1 MRM-20 pack and 2 MXPL. the X pulse lasers can keep up a continued barrage of laser fire while a skilled shot can make great use of the MRM-20 too deal heavy damage too targets. However the MRM is mounted on the arm and pilots would be advised too shield it from being lost.

Edited by Kh0rn, 14 July 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#308 Vic Viper V1

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 14 July 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

Question to the MW:LL pros, is there a way to increase my FOV in it?

Check this out it may help you , if you need further assistance PM me
http://pcgamingwiki....#Video_settings

#309 DashFire61

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPasadena, California

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostKh0rn, on 14 June 2015 - 01:04 AM, said:

Pic of the day Posted Image A Owens armed with MRM missiles unleashes a barrage on its enemy across the tropical landscape of TC_RingofFire.

This is followed up by a album of a large game played on Ring of Fire yesterday. Enjoy. Posted Image http://imgur.com/a/2BE1Z

That's me in the Owens! ^^

#310 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:51 AM

I would love to play this game again, but I can't make it work.Does anyone know what do I have to do to actually LOG IN? I tried many thing, but nothing helped.

#311 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:13 AM

MWLL data center

ID = Puma light battle mech.

Posted Image

The Puma light battle mech is a clan heavy hitting light chassis rather going for firepower then speed. The puma carries weapons that can even rival that of a medium mech and can be used as either a sniper or brawler. However with a low top speed and a very weak rear pilots should take heed before just charging in and blazing away. Nearly all Puma variants are Equipped with GECM allowing for a great low profile sniper unit. too nail the enemy from afar, or sneak up undetected and unleash its powerful weapons at close range. However strangely enough due too it being a light mech , scouting and recon is not its strong points.

Prime: The prime is a general sniper through and through. Fitted with Enhanced Optics as well as a GECM The prime can sit back quiet comfortably and nail enemy units with its long range firepower. The primes weapons are 2 CERPPC for long range engagements this is backed up by 2 flamers for BA defense. While carrying powerful long range striking power the prime suffers in close range as it can not keep up a constant barrage of ERPPC fire. Pilots must be aware of their surroundings.

A: The A variant goes in close changing its role from the prime. Still fitted with the Enhanced Optics and GECM the A variant is now geared towards medium range combat. Armed with 2 CHML ( Heavy lasers) and 1 UAC-10 with a single ton for extra ammo, the A variant can deliver a brutal punch at close range while using the UAC-10 too keep up a constant barrage of fire. However with its low top speed Brawling Pumas should not go in unsupported.

B: The B variant sacrifices its GECM and E Optics for the sake of more weapons. The B variant like the A is geared towards brawling. Armed with 4 ERSL , 1 UAC-5, 2 Machine guns and a single LBX-10 with a single extra ton for ammo. It is one of the most heavily armed Puma variants. However with out its GECM pilots need too be that much more careful when approaching the enemy. But once in range this variant can quickly put out the hurt with its large array of weapons.

C: The C variant is said too be the most powerful medium range Puma variant. the C variant brings back its GECM but this time its also Fitted with MASC allowing the C too quickly close with its target. The weapons mounted are 6 CERML and 2 machine guns for BA defence. The 6 CERML can easily take on light and medium battle mechs. However the C variant does suffer from large heat build ups so Pilots are advised too use chain fire with the lasers. Its addition of MASC allows its too either close or escape enemy forces.

D: The D variant is similar too that of the C variant. It mounts identical GECM and MASC system but has had more DHS added too deal with its new weapon load out. The weapons are 2 CHML and 4 CHSL these heavy lasers deal massive damage to enemy targets the trade off for this damage is long burn time and high heat output. However managed right this Puma variant can deliver a nasty blow at medium range.

E: The E variant goes back too the long range role for the Puma. the E variant like the rest still carries its GECM and MASC system. But its role is now changed to a support type. Armed with 1 CHLL , 2 machine guns and a single CATM-12 ( Advance tactical missiles) giving this variant massive long range fire support. Its CHL and ATM-12 can make short work of light mechs and even some medium mechs. However due too the minimal range of the ATM launcher pilots are best too avoid closing the distance or letting enemies close with in its minimal range as it will only have a single CHLL too use.

Edited by Kh0rn, 15 July 2015 - 01:19 AM.

#312 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

View PostGonaDie, on 15 July 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

I would love to play this game again, but I can't make it work.Does anyone know what do I have to do to actually LOG IN? I tried many thing, but nothing helped.

http://forum.mechliv...p?topic=20422.0 you will need too do this fix too log in Hope this helps.

#313 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 15 July 2015 - 01:20 AM, said:

http://forum.mechliv...p?topic=20422.0 you will need too do this fix too log in Hope this helps.

It worked! Thanks! Now I just have to find people to play with.

#314 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:43 AM

Early mornings for EU are quiet cause every one is at work an with the Summer Vacation in America lots of players are away. But if you want I am on their TS too get you back into the feel of the game.

mwll.mwmaster.net

#315 DashFire61

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

View PostGonaDie, on 15 July 2015 - 01:38 AM, said:

It worked! Thanks! Now I just have to find people to play with.

I'm on right now. There are 7 of us on right now.

Edited by Lt James Steiner, 15 July 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#316 DashFire61

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:26 PM

I'm getting really tired of the re*arded (apparently Retar* is a bad word now) LRMS in MWO, I should not be able to be targeted just because someone else is targeting me, C3 should not be stock all mechs. I'm really tired of it at this point. MW:LL is an actual mechwarrior game, MWO is an FPS with mechwarrior skins. I am well within my rights to criticize the game considering I have 3560 hours logged in MWO as of one week ago.

Edited by Lt James Steiner, 15 July 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#317 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:09 PM

View PostLt James Steiner, on 15 July 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

I'm getting really tired of the re*arded (apparently Retar* is a bad word now) LRMS in MWO, I should not be able to be targeted just because someone else is targeting me, C3 should not be stock all mechs. I'm really tired of it at this point. MW:LL is an actual mechwarrior game, MWO is an FPS with mechwarrior skins. I am well within my rights to criticize the game considering I have 3560 hours logged in MWO as of one week ago.

Just don't tell me you have trouble with LRM, but yeah I had a LOT more fun with MW:LL.

#318 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:07 AM

MWLL data center.

ID = Osiris light battle mech.

Posted Image

The Osiris is a jack of all trades IS light battle mech. Build too handle just about any situation on the field. The Osiris really does not need that much explaining as stated before. It is however the only IS jump capable light mech giving it a advantage over the other light mechs that and it mounts some rather impressive weapons for its size. Its used as a multi role platform with it being able too brawl, recon , Jump snipe and range combat all in one. Its two draw backs is that it is not that well armored and lacks advance equipment.

Prime: The prime variant is a medium too close range fighter packing great starting weapons and the ability too jump gives it a good start. The prime is armed with 4 ERML too engage targets fairly far out as it closes the distance a single SRM-6 comes into play. While it does not sound threatening, repeated barrages of these weapons will take their toll on some one over looking it.

A: Build for long range engagement the A variant is fitted with Improved JJ too give it better Jumping capabilities as well as enhanced optics for long range sniping. The weapons on the mech are also build for the job. 2 ERLL allow the mech too strike targets up too 800m away while a single ERML allows it add a little more punch up close. however lacking enough DHS pilots should not engage up front and rather with draw too a safe location if spotted.

B: A very interesting variant too say the least. The B variant is a jack of all trades master of none. This variant can engage at both long , medium and short ranges. Still retaining its jump jets giving the mech the ability too pop up see whats going on or use them too get too other wise un reachable terrain. Its weapon load out is rather strange It is armed with 1 LBX-5AC for long range firing as it closes 1 MRM-10 comes into play and finally 2 MPL add too the load out. Giving it a decent punch up close.

C: The C variant goes back too a more Sniper role. The C variant returns the Enhanced Optics and improved Jump jets. Its weapons load out is geared for poptarting and it does this role very effectively. Armed with 2 PPC's on either arm, the C variant can strike targets up too 700m with a hefty punch before dropping back behind cover. It can also do great hit and fade with these weapons however due too the limited number of DHS pilots must control PPC fire as not too burn up. For back up against BA it carries 2 machine guns. Pilots must be aware that the PPC's are mounted on the arms and if lost can not be repaired.

D: The D variant goes in for bawling damage over time config. It is the only Osiris variant that does not have jump jets but makes up for this mounting some pretty impressive weapons. The D variant is armed with 3MXPL allowing the mech too give up a continues barrage of lasers which can take its toll on enemies, backing up these lasers is a single Streak SRM-4 pack which can be used too soften up targets.

E: The E variant goes back too its sniper / Poptarting system. The E variant also brings back its much needed Enhanced Optics and Improved jump jets. Its weapons on the other hand are perfect for this role as it mounts one of the longest range weapons in the game. The E variant is armed with 1 Light Gauss rifle able too hit targets up too 1200m away, the cherry on top of this is it can carry a extra ton of ammo along with it giving it a long battlefield time. If a target should come close it does have 2 ERML too back it up but once again it would be advised too with draw and relocate rather then fight it out.

Edited by Kh0rn, 16 July 2015 - 09:49 AM.

#319 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:58 AM

View PostLt James Steiner, on 15 July 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

There is this thing called "Rocks", it's all over the field, and you can hid behind it. We call it "using cover". Helps make LRMs do zero damage to you. There's also ECM, and AMS, both of those cripple, if not completely shut down LRMs.

Also, the target sharing we have right now isn't the same as a C3 computer. These provide no aim assist, nor do they provide any support with aimed shots at specific components.

On top of that. Even before C3 computers, LRM mechs (per TT rules) could acquire an indirect hard lock so long as another mech is doing the spotting.

#320 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:19 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 16 July 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

There is this thing called "Rocks", it's all over the field, and you can hid behind it. We call it "using cover". Helps make LRMs do zero damage to you. There's also ECM, and AMS, both of those cripple, if not completely shut down LRMs.

Also, the target sharing we have right now isn't the same as a C3 computer. These provide no aim assist, nor do they provide any support with aimed shots at specific components.

On top of that. Even before C3 computers, LRM mechs (per TT rules) could acquire an indirect hard lock so long as another mech is doing the spotting.

Again not every thing in TT should be translated over. It kinda killed the whole need too recon in MWO for my sake.

Also the C3 did not enhance aim shots at all all they did was share target information from unit too unit but it was useless unless a C3 command system was active. ECM should only delay the lock on for a extended period and should not cancel it out totally.

LRM's are well not really threatening in MWO unless its a large missile boat or a couple of them. a mech with a single LRM 20 or LRM 15 or even two of them are not a danger.

Edited by Kh0rn, 16 July 2015 - 05:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users