Mechwarrior: Living Legends Is Not Dead...

793 replies to this topic

#441 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:20 AM

Pic of the day. Posted Image Warning incoming missiles

#442 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:07 PM

Really puts me in the mood to play LL again... especially since I'm giving MWO an extended break. My only problem is the ping I get from Australia... it's mostly playable, but on more than one occasion I get kicked by the few players on the servers. :(

#443 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostDingo Red, on 04 October 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

Really puts me in the mood to play LL again... especially since I'm giving MWO an extended break. My only problem is the ping I get from Australia... it's mostly playable, but on more than one occasion I get kicked by the few players on the servers. :(

Hey Red yea we are working on trying to get a Aus server set up as they are still a few AUS players it would be nice for them.

#444 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 24 September 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Well you have to also understand no mech lab leads to a far more balance game sure its a really nice thing to play custom mechs but think about trying to balance that its a nightmare and something you really can't do unless you bring some type of restrictions in. MWLL mechlab was about 95% done but it was based on a role system where you can not say yank off a machine gun and put in a AC20 or you could not rip off a small laser and put a PPC things like that. But the whole goal of MWLL was full scale warfare. They actually should of called it Battle tech online cause its more then just mechs at the end of the day. Where is Mechwarrior is focused on the " mech"

MWO needs some kind of restrictions in terms of what you can place where it would help with balance.

Playing MechWarrior without customization is like playing Halo without the guns. It's been a staple of every past game. MWLL wouldn't have gotten far without it in an ordinary audience.

#445 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 05 October 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Playing MechWarrior without customization is like playing Halo without the guns. It's been a staple of every past game. MWLL wouldn't have gotten far without it in an ordinary audience.

Well I guess people can continue to complain and just keep the idea of total freedom or maybe just add some restrictions in. Perhaps restrictions. Like limit size of the engine or what weapons can go where.

#446 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostKh0rn, on 05 October 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

Well I guess people can continue to complain and just keep the idea of total freedom or maybe just add some restrictions in. Perhaps restrictions. Like limit size of the engine or what weapons can go where.

Those would have been good considerations at the start, but they can't happen now.

#447 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

Yea I know its way to far.

#448 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:15 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 05 October 2015 - 11:19 AM, said:

Actually, the introduction of a mechlab was planned, as the addition of many more mechs. But the cease and desist came, and we all know how it ended.

Uhm, i should download mw:ll again, i really feel the need for some combined arms. What are the most populated hours?

Edited by o0cipher0o, 06 October 2015 - 01:16 AM.

#449 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:42 AM

View Posto0cipher0o, on 06 October 2015 - 01:15 AM, said:

Actually, the introduction of a mechlab was planned, as the addition of many more mechs. But the cease and desist came, and we all know how it ended.

Uhm, i should download mw:ll again, i really feel the need for some combined arms. What are the most populated hours?

Correct mechlab was on the final levels but it was gonna restrictive to the point of not even engine swapping.

#450 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:48 AM

Populated hours are around EU prime time. Week ends are pretty involved with chaos march and tomorrow is Open Merc night.

#451 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 01:37 AM

Open Merc night Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://imgur.com/a/U7q4z
http://imgur.com/a/vfopZ

#452 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:44 AM

pic of the day. Posted Image A demolisher tank moving under the cover of darkness

#453 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:12 AM

pic of the day. Posted Image A battle armor on look out during open Merc night.

#454 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 02:55 AM

Pic of the day. Posted Image A close call for a BA barely missing a PPC shot from a shadow cat.

#455 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:26 AM

Pic of the day. Posted Image Night skirmish across the world of StranaMechty

#456 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:45 AM

Pic of the day. Posted Image A timber wolf prime unloading waves of missiles on a poor enemy.

#457 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:33 AM

Well I've finally uninstalled MWO and am now installing MWLL. And I have got to say that I'm at least getting a quality game again to wrestle with in my spare time. It's going to be worth it just by looking at what type of team made it at first. Not publicly funded. Just a good project people devoted their time into without being suffocated by big-biz. At least that's my preconception on it.

I've wrapped MW3,MW4,MC1,MC2(do people still say "wrap" when they completely master a game?), got started playing old DOS versions of MW1 and MW2(GBL, 31stCC, and Mercs was what I meant to say...) and running virtual drives to run MC1:Gold, and now I'm taking a swing at MWLL.

I hope this continues to gain traction in the community. I just really hope this community game is worth it. Too many MW games have died...

Edited by Zephonarch II, 15 October 2015 - 11:02 AM.

#458 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:49 AM

We are drawing a lot of new players but due to the fact of a " not so easy" install it does drive many away however those who do it rather enjoy the combined arms warfare. We have Chaos march on week ends and Open merc night drops during the week.

#459 Zephonarch II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 328 posts
  • LocationBack in the MWO and... its fun, but Nascar steamrolls still lame.

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:19 AM

I went on yesterday but I couldn't connect to any servers. And this was at 11pm in the GMT 6:00 timezone; (mid-Canada area). Should I wait until the weekend before I check it out? For Chaos march events?

Edited by Zephonarch II, 17 October 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#460 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:41 AM

EU prime time is when stuff goes down If you read this message you can join now. Chaos march is starting.

Teamspeak = mwll.mwmaster.net

Edited by Kh0rn, 16 October 2015 - 10:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users