Foggy Peaks Map Petition

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition for Foggy Peaks (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see a map like Foggy Peaks

1. Yes, I would (4 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No (1 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

I have a neat idea for a map, one based upon three levels.

First of all, have you ever been driving down the road and seen trees sticking up out of the fog as you are going down the road, and then dip down into the fog and you can't see a thing. Now imagine Mechs walking through the fog, with portions of their upper torso sticking up out of a sea of mist

Map Name: Foggy Peaks.
Lower Level: Really thick fog, just deep enough for larger Mechs to poke out of. Small Mechs would just simply disappear into the mist.
Mid Level: Clear, rocky.
Upper Level: Steep rocky slopes with trails. Dense forests on flanks.

Sound Effects: Birds in the trees during the day, wolves at night under a moon lit sky.

Extras: Hidden Military Base, Cavern Passage passing underneath some of the rocky peaks with an underground lake. 10-20 large buffalo-like creatures with white manes roaming around the battlemap (will die if shot).

Ruins of a fortress off to one side in the mountains, which can be occupied. Would have holes in a couple of walls which Mechs could use to fire their weapons from, a tower which could be entered, and the remains of a heavy gate.

Map Size: Very Large

#2 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

I think it's confirmed that a Swamp map is planned, good bet that will have fog/ mist of some sort.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

I know they are planning a swamp map. This is not a swamp. It is based upon a fairly common occurrence known as ground fog, which often hangs over farmers fields, and forested areas. It is really cool to look at, and for some, frightening.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users