63 replies to this topic

#1 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Hi guys :blink: .

I have been playing this game for two months. And this is how I feel after playing
for hours almost every day.

I have bought 2 Mastery Packs and few Hero mechs and colors. (about 200$+)
Why? Because I want this game to be even more AWESOME!

But Awesome? Is not so Awesome is it?.

I spent two days on getting 12Mill Cbills for A Scrap-Heap (Awesome 9M).
And I have to say its totally worthless. 12m cbills wasted and it is even going
down faster then my armorless Jaggers with 25-30 points on each torso and with XL
on board.

I know its big but stalkers are NO smaller but they can at least take a punch and even
live through it! :ph34r:

I read that awesome were more agile, hard to play, thats why I choose it. I want to be
tested but,,, comon. 12M Cbills for that scrap-heap, thats greafing.

I am feeling kind of cheated. Should I spend a day or two getting another 6-7m cbills for an engine? Then I have 20m cbills wasted?

I would pay 3m cbill tops for this scrap if I had been able to test it before buying.
Well I wouldn't even have bought it then.

Please give Awesome and the chassis that were left behind some love before the only
mechs we see in game are Phracts, Victors and Highlanders!

What about a test area where you can try out all Chassis (Mechs)?

Cow and Chicken over and out!

#2 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

Awesome's are a high cbill investment.

To really get good performance out of an awesome you need 3 things.

1. Unlocked all basic skills across 3 variants and get elite skills on the one you plan on running. This will unlock the x2 bonus on basic skills (You need it to help disapate heat)

2. Know your maps. There are places where you just do not go with an awesome. You don't hill hump with it. Never peek out over cover, always peek out the side of cover where you can bring your guns to bear.

Best in city maps

3. Nerves of steel. I run awesome with triple PPC's or Triple ER PPC's with quad meds (Or dual meds and dual ssrm2's on the 9M) You have to time your shots and never risk the shutdown. Calmly pick your targets apart and provide volley fire as support.

If you have the range there is never a reason to close unless they have better map position.

#3 Zeke Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

Hey, it happens. Ask yourself how much you really love that Awesome and that'll be your answer. Some love is easier to find than others, but is it as rewarding?

#4 xCico

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

Sell the awesome, start with mediums, shadowhawk recommended or blackjacks to feel the speed with good fire, then decide do you need something more faster or something that can deal good amount of damage, going on assualts from start is bad bad bad idea, maybe victor only becauae it can have decent speed...

#5 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

Bring the Awesome to Stock Mech Mondays. Stock build only as the name implies.
You would be surprised how many 'bad' mechs are 'awesome' there and how many meta mechs arent as hot.

I mean, one of the best lights is the Spider 5v...the V! 2 belly med lasers...and it is good!

#6 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

No, the Awesomes still need work. They're not very fun to play because they're just so easy to hit. The only thing I would suggest is a new hitbox scheme for them, even though the Awesome just got a modified hit box not too long ago.

It should be made into a zombie mech setup, with a difficult to hit CT and large arm and side torso hit boxes. The big shoulder pads on top need to be part of the arms, and that wrap around plate on the chest needs to be part of the side torso.

Posted Image

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 09 June 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#7 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

I want to state that I have Mastered Jagers. I am almost done with Stalkers. I have started
doing Phracts and I have Firestarter, Spider, Blackjack etc.

I play 4 to 14 hours per day. So I might be a noob but I am really getting into this game..

The Stalkers were mastered WITHOUT LRM's. PPC, Laser Boats etc.

I still dont think Awesome should be this fragile!

One of my Jagers has 37 or 38 Tons of 2xGauss +ammo then engine and runs ar 85kmh+.
Still after stripping the armor he can even brawl better.

Awesome is a fat fragile Cow :ph34r:

I still dont think it is as it should be.....

Fat Awesome Cow And Chicken out!

ps, think I :blink: that awesome! :blink:

#8 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

my first mech was the awesome 9m.

it took me like 2 months to learn how not to explode immediately as the match begins, seriously it is kind of difficult at first...
so you wanted challenge you got challenge;

however the stock awesome is crap, change its loadout.

for now that you're new put streaks on it and some energy weapon that you like, put a standard 300 or the biggest XL engine you can and learn how to use your arms as shield;
you have to play like a glass canon or line mech, dont think of this mech as a tank, it's more like an assault helicopter; you can't trade punches with anybody

oh youre not new?? then i don't know, you need the efficiencies.
my 9m has a good winning and killing ratios as does my 8r which is a beast

View PostCow And Chicken, on 09 June 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

ps, think I :blink: that awesome! :blink:

how not to love it :ph34r:
i can't pilot anything else now

oh and also; at least for my playstyle - hot builds are your friend; why?
because if you use the awesome to shoot medium lasers some mechs will tank your shots and trade with you until you die;

but if you shoot 3 ppc, or 4 srm6 to their torso; they will panic and retreat.

also its a best sniper mech than brawler because far away your profile is smaller.

#9 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

First off, your c-bills are not completely wasted if you consider the xl320 a good engine.

The only bit of advice I can offer is, never be the first mech the enemy sees. If your team is pushing over a ridge, be the third or forth guy over.

#10 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

Sounds like the OP needs to learn how to build and play his 9m.
its versatile and it can be fast, its the only awsome I still run, with great success in most matches.

#11 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

I mastered the Awesome and then sold em all. That is how good the mech is. Not worth keeping.

#12 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

I like my Awesomes. The key is to swing your arms like Donkey Kong.

#13 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

While the aws still needs work the 9m with an xl and mastered out can be amazing in the right hands, but thats 3 mechs and a lot of grinding to even see if its personally worth it for someone.

#14 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

Lots of great ideas here for aspiring awesome 9m pilots, I would however reinforce an earlier point learn to swing the torso around to spread damage, the awesome I believe has the fastest torso movement of all the assault mechs and shield like structures on it's arms. Another Idea is to stick close to a mech that is perceived to be more threatening say a Banshee, Victor or Cataphract experienced players will attack those mechs first out of habit (The most experienced players however remember pilots not mechs). A rule for any assault mech that applies also is never been far from cover awesomes wide profiles make easy targets for all weapons (including LRMs).

#15 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

What I've done with the Awesome.

:ph34r:

#16 MonkeyDCecil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

Go to Mecspecs. http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/

Maybe you can find a build you like. And I feel you pain. I have mastered my PB. But I hardly play her. She is just to easy to hit.

#17 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

hehe nice i wish i had recorded footage of the 9m but it kills my framerate;
this is a game that an opponent recorded i make 700+ with my 9m but this little firestarter gets the best of me in the final exchange

you can see me toward the end and during the middle :ph34r:

#18 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

Assaults tend to be pricey to get running well, both in time to unlock efficiencies and getting expensive gear to get a solid build.

The Pretty Baby needs some help with it's deceleration quirk/nerf and having one less hardpoint then the other variants, but that's a discussion for it's own thread.

And there's some effective builds that work nicely with the AWS-9M already mentioned and here's another one to try, a 3LL build. That BAP and Target Info Gathering with TAG can help cut through ECM and lets you target weak points quicker.

I had that 3LL build on Mordor recently:

Spoiler

So sometimes one can get really, really lucky.

#19 Cow And Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

No. It's not fine.
I have 13 other mechs, this is the only one I have found serious FLAWS in.

3 PPC? I can cook a whole elephant after one Alpha! That is, if I am not dead!
Or pushing it to start it up after shutdown!

So Awesome run that damn cool do they... :D

So after bying this mech I am spending most of my time spectating other players
having fun playing the game. The players that say its fine and notthing wrong with it.

I hate whining and bitching but spending time balancing weapons when you don't even
have the Mechs done is pretty,,, Stupid...
You need a foundation to start balancing weapons upon and the Mechs should be it? no?

It dosen't have to be special, dosen't have to be OP but please make it at least userful.

You can be pissed off to that I am a crying ***** on the forums but I hope you guys stand
tall and fix this. Like you have done with the rest of the game which is PRETTY AWESOME!

I do honestly think I am right on this one.
If you don't think I am, then log online and griefe me some more until I quit! :P

Awesome Cow And Chicken out!
B)

#20 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Awesomes probably need a complete remodel to be fixed. Changing the hitboxes like people have suggested will just make it less XL safe. Did the changes to the Dragon hitboxes do anything? Either a remodel or PGI needs to allow us some extra slack in armor point distribution on certain mechs to compensate for the poor modeling.

Edited by Sug, 10 June 2014 - 08:56 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users