149 replies to this topic

#141 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 10 June 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

With out community warfare actually up and running, what exactly are the clans invading? what is the point of the hype? There are no factions to actually join, and fight for. There are no planets to control. The clan introduction is nothing more than a giant preorder mech pack. The only difference between the clan packs and the phoenix ones are the cost and number of mechs involved.

It will be interesting to see the new mechs, and weapons. It's a good thing to have more variety in the game. However with out community ware far there is no point to introduce the clans.

And a CW setup completed without Clan Mechs would be what exactly? It is Chicken and Egg kinda stuff dawg. Best scenario would be to have it all at once, but alas, stuff takes time and a day has only so many hours... Reality is a real beeatch ain't she... ;)

#142 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

View Postzagibu, on 10 June 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

The most pressing question concerning the clan launch is actually:

Will PGI ban IS players who shoot at all clan mechs no matter which team they are on? Because if they do, I won't be able to play this game in a very long time.

That's fine. We don't need any Douche' Bag types like yourself kicking around anyways.

#143 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 11 June 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

And a CW setup completed without Clan Mechs would be what exactly? It is Chicken and Egg kinda stuff dawg. Best scenario would be to have it all at once, but alas, stuff takes time and a day has only so many hours... Reality is a real beeatch ain't she... ;)

Community warfare with out clans would be IS factions fighting each other. The exact thing they were doing before the clan invasion. The fourth succession war, for example, ended 25-30 years before the invasion. It would have been awesome to have the IS factions up to fight for.

Imagine all of the battletech fans who play this game getting involved with their favorite houses. Getting focused on defending their boarders, and attacking each other. Some houses might even start gaining notable territory from competing houses. Players could have formed rivalries and alliances with each others merc units or house units.

Then when every thing is going along the devs just start attacking with clan mechs through there invasion corridor. No worning no promotion. Give them a week of stomping people on the rear boarders of Steiner, FRR, and Kurita. Then put up a big promo event in the clan invasion.

But hay. that would suck, right?

Understandably there are players who want to play clans, Im sure if PGI planned out CW and the implementation of the clans in that, or a similar manner, they would think it was worth the wait.

The devs could have also invited playes who contributed to the growing community to be apart of the invasion. Messages inviting them asking if they want to kick off the invasion by playing clans for a few weeks.

Then again according to you clans are the whole point of the game and you need to start CW with all of the interesting stuff already in play. No build up, no suprise, no players scrambling to react to a new threat. That would have been boring.

edit:
No, your chicken and egg comparison is completely false. The clans are in no way required for an active persistent community warfare. Not in any way. All the clans do is add more factions to chose from. If PGI set the game in 3025 they could have made a persistent warfare environment out of that. Battletech, and mechwarrior fans would still enjoyed it.

Edited by Dirus Nigh, 11 June 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#144 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostDirus Nigh, on 11 June 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Community warfare with out clans would be IS factions fighting each other. The exact thing they were doing before the clan invasion. The fourth succession war, for example, ended 25-30 years stuff

If PGI set the game in 3025 they could have made a persistent warfare environment out of that. Battletech, and mechwarrior fans would still enjoyed it.

But it is not 3025 is it? In 3050 the only Major event currently going on is the "Clan Invasion".

From 3044 on - So we could totally make up some BS I.S. stuff to fight about I suppose but it would be just that, made up. Besides, it would royally suck to be stuck fighting on just one or two borders, depending on what I.S. faction you chose. ;)

#145 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 11 June 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

But it is not 3025 is it? In 3050 the only Major event currently going on is the "Clan Invasion".

From 3044 on - So we could totally make up some BS I.S. stuff to fight about I suppose but it would be just that, made up. Besides, it would royally suck to be stuck fighting on just one or two borders, depending on what I.S. faction you chose. ;)

The War of 3039 disagrees with you. It is probably the war with the most intrigue and drama which would've been a great jumping off point. Then they could've jumped in the Delorean, fired up the flux capacitor, and gone back to the future once they got everything situated with CW. Then they could've gone for more intrigue, drama, and mystery with the clan invasion and did it properly. Alas, we are talking about PGI though.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/War_of_3039

Edited by IceCase88, 11 June 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#146 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

With tomorrow's PTS having clan mechs on it I figured I would hop on OBN's Mechlab and make a few builds.

Here are some of the builds I've been kicking around. Most are brawling focused as that is my preferred play style.
[DIRE WOLF-PRIME]: 2xCUAC10, 2xCERLL, 4xCERML, CSSRM6, Clan XL300, DHS
[DIRE WOLF-B]: 6xCERML, 5xCUAC5, Clan XL300, DHS
[DIRE WOLF-A]: 4xCMPL, CUAC/20, 2xCSRM6, 2xCLPL, Clan XL300, DHS
[DIRE WOLF-B]: 2xCERPPC, 2xCGauss, Clan XL300, DHS
[DIRE WOLF-B]: 6xCERML, 3xCUAC/20, Clan XL300, DHS

[TIMBER WOLF-C]: 4xCERML, 4xCSRM6, CUAC10, Clan XL375, DHS, Endo, Ferro
[TIMBER WOLF-PRIME]: 2xCERLL, 3xCERML, 2xCLRM20, Clan XL375, DHS, Endo, Ferro
[TIMBER WOLF-S]: 5xCERML, 4xCSRM6, CUAC5, Clan XL375, DHS, Endo, Ferro
[TIMBER WOLF-PRIME]: 4xCERML, 2xCLRM15, CERLL, CUAC5, Clan XL375, DHS, Endo, Ferro
[TIMBER WOLF-C]: 4xCERML, 2xCSRM6, CUAC/20, Clan XL375, DHS, Endo, Ferro

[WARHAWK-PRIME]: 2xCERPPC, CUAC/20, Clan XL340, DHS, Ferro
[WARHAWK-B]: CUAC10, CERLL, 3xCSRM6, 3xCERML, Clan XL340, DHS, Ferro
[WARHAWK-A]: 2xCUAC/20, CSSRM6, Clan XL340, DHS, Ferro
[WARHAWK-B]: 4xCMPL, CUAC/20, 3xCSRM6, Clan XL340, DHS, Ferro
[WARHAWK-PRIME]: 2xCERPPC, CGauss, Clan XL340, DHS, Ferro

[STORMCROW-C]: CUAC/20, 4xCERML, Clan XL330, DHS, Endo, Ferro
[STORMCROW-D]: 2xCERLL, 3xCERML, 3xCSRM6, Clan XL330, DHS, Endo, Ferro
[STORMCROW-PRIME]: CUAC10, 2xCSRM6, 4xCERML, Clan XL330, DHS, Endo, Ferro
[STORMCROW-PRIME]: 3xCERML, 4xCSSRM6, Clan XL330, DHS, Endo, Ferro
[STORMCROW-D]: 5xCERML, 3xCSRM6, Clan XL330, DHS, Endo, Ferro

EDIT: and then all the links broke :)

Edited by Rouken, 12 June 2014 - 07:25 AM.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users