* * * * * 1 votes

Clan Logo Poll

376 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan Logo Poll (2313 member(s) have cast votes)

Which series of Clan Logos would you prefer to see used?

1. Voted Classic / Traditional (Proposed) (1677 votes [72.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.53%

2. Voted Modern / Re-imagined (Current) (635 votes [27.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.47%

Vote

#321 SpikeTank

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:08 AM

View Postsabujo, on 11 June 2014 - 02:45 AM, said:

Here's something of a middle way between both traditional and new approaches regarding CSJ:

Posted Image

Can we have the middle One please???????

#322 Wrayeth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:21 AM

I voted for the traditional Clan logos. The Ghost Bear and Wolf logos are approximately 1000 times better. I really disliked the new versions of both of them. I'm less adamant about the other two, however. In fact, I prefer the new Smoke Jaguar logo to the old one. For Jade Falcon, I'd like to see a hybrid of the old and the new. I'd suggest using the colors from the new one and the shape of the traditional one, while at the same time adding a little more detail to the falcon.

#323 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:22 AM

View PostSpikeTank, on 12 June 2014 - 05:08 AM, said:

Can we have the middle One please???????

That is not in between the original and remake of the Smoke Jaguars... It is the remake coloured with the new "original" colours.

#324 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

I don't mind the new ones, except Clan Wolf's. It has a neckbeard :P

#325 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostMoenrg, on 11 June 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

The image comes from the story of Elizabeth Hazen (one of the original founders of the Jade Falcon Clan) and what happened after the death of Aaron DeChavilier. It is a story every Jade Falcon Cadet must memorize. The "Bird" is Turkina. Read the Jade Falcon Sourcebook, pages 10 and 11, and wonder no more.

I know the story - you missed the point. The "bird" in the old art looks silly because it was drawn poorly. It doesn't even look like a bird - more like a double hand-turkey.

#326 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:46 AM

while there are elements of the "bold new" designs that were improvements (Turkina looking like an actual falcon, mostly) they just have too much a comic book feel to me.

The CGB lost the stolid heaviness which IMO kinda fit the clan. They are a patient Clan.

Simply taking the new falcon, making it the right green, and placing it over the old backdrop would have been fine.

I think had the new wolf been at the same angle, and without the beady little eyes, it would have been accepted.

The "new" some jag did have more total definition, but the head and stubby forearms made it look like a kitten.

So those shortcoming detracted. While the "refreshed originals" are not perfect (neither were the original "originals" lol) they fit better. Since there are no more revisions, it's now one or the other, I say the mild refresh versions are the way to go. My comments were actually just a critique to the actual artist as to why I was not able to embrace the new ones, artist to artist.

#327 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

I prefer the new ones for every clan. Despite my vote being pointless, I choose the redesigned (current) ones.

Edited by GrandLocomon, 12 June 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#328 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

I had to vote for the updated emblems. I just think they look more interesting. The old ones feel old, with low-res textures and all that jazz.

#329 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

While I really like the new versions art, they don't seem logo-like. Instead they're very well done art. Logos need to scale easily and be quickly identifiable in a host of conditions - they're really difficult to get "right™". Had to vote for the older logos - sorry!

#330 dekker lentz

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

I kinda of wish the classic style would be used in the forums and the in-game leader boards and the new redesigned ones be used for the hanging cockpit items.

#331 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

I kinda like new one for Jade Falcons, but the other three - nope. Classics are much better

#332 Ulysses Jacobi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBelingham, WA

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

Old school, definitely!

#333 Chimerahawk

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostModo44, on 10 June 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Way to waste resources.

Well, pretty sure that their artist has nothing to do with most of things people complain about so.. Not really :lol:

#334 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostOzy Hunter, on 10 June 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Great... we get stuck with a fat pigeon... the New Redesigns are much classier... if only people aren't always getting stuck in the past...

You just want a light saber, admit it.

#335 DustySkunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

Thank you for this, PGI. You're slowly restoring my faith. :lol:

Voted!!! Mild refresh all the way.

Edited by DustySkunk, 12 June 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#336 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

I could have voted for the new ones if it wasn't for the Ghost Bear and Wolf logos looking so very bad. The Ghost Bear logo looks like it is either about to sneeze or have work done on its teeth, and the Wolf logo looks more like some sort of anime coyote than a wolf. Though I wasn't a huge fan of the new Jaguar logo since it looked like sports jersey I would have been ok with it, and the Jade Falcon logo looked good and would have looked great with some tweaks.

#337 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

I know these new players might find the modernized logos better but, please, understand it's not just a question of aesthetics.

For 20 years we, old school fans, know and learned to love the classic logos. Please, don't take this away of us.

#338 Icewraith

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

I voted for classic, but I say keep the classic of the ghost bear and possibly wolf and the new jade falcon and smoke jaguar. I'd vote for updated ghost bear but the snout just looks weird.

#339 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

Well. Ghost Bear Classic is way better. I like both Jad falcon logoss equally. I like the Wolf Classic better and I don't like either Smoke Jaguar symbil.

I voted Classic.

#340 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

The new Jade Falcon looks awesome, please don't change my falcon, the old one was ok but this new one rocks, though i must say i like the old ghost bear over the new one,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users