65 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Getting ready for next week and my 24 new shinies. Sure I am a fanboi of the Dire Wolf and Timber Wolf, how can you not be if you ever played the TT? But I am guessing that the Stormcrow will be the biggest pain in the ass for the IS to deal with.

The mix of speed, armor and firepower will make it a headache for all classes. The addition of the ER to the ML's and the abundance of DBL HS will give it range and sustained fire over IS mechs that it can maintain sight lines on.

But that is my opinion. Which clan mech do you see being the biggest pain the keister for the IS to deal with?

#2 MisterPlanetarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 910 posts
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

Nova, Timber Wolf, Dire Wolf, in no particular order.

The nova can run crazy builds like 60 alpha damage from 12xsmall lasers with 4x machine guns to support. This will annihilate most mediums in terms of fire power. And it has plenty of DHS and jumpjets to boot.

The Timberwolf will be able to use like 4x SSRM with ER Large Lasers for long range and jump jets.

Due to PPC splash and Burst AC's I'm expecting poptarting to be less popular for the clans, but they have some very fast mechs for the medium and heavy weightclass which will play to their benefit. Stuff like fixed 1.5 ton SRM6's and 12 ton UAC20's that fit in arms will also play into their role as high speed strikers and brawlers.

Edited by MisterPlanetarian, 11 June 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#3 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

The mech with the least weapon in the arms, they dont seem like they have a good diversity and if the prime variant is a clue they all have their weapon in their arms. That said, I fully Expect(ahah im so naive) everyone to focus fire on the arms of all clanners since thats where all their weapons are.

#4 Pygar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostMisterPlanetarian, on 11 June 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

Nova, Timber Wolf, Dire Wolf, in no particular order.

The nova can run crazy builds like 60 alpha damage from 12xsmall lasers with 4x machine guns to support. This will annihilate most mediums in terms of fire power. And it has plenty of DHS and jumpjets to boot.

ER Medium Lasers do 7 damage in TT, so possibly more like 80-something damage for the Nova if it can fire all of it's lasers and not melt itself.

#5 Octavian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Timber Wolf is gonna be tough. Max armor 75 tonner that goes 86 kph without speed tweak and carries more firepower than most IS assault mechs.

#6 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

View PostDAYLEET, on 11 June 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

The mech with the least weapon in the arms, they dont seem like they have a good diversity and if the prime variant is a clue they all have their weapon in their arms. That said, I fully Expect(ahah im so naive) everyone to focus fire on the arms of all clanners since thats where all their weapons are.

Well...I guess they could try. But while they are grinding down my arms, I will be grinding down their center torso. Who wins there?

View PostOctavian, on 11 June 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Timber Wolf is gonna be tough. Max armor 75 tonner that goes 86 kph without speed tweak and carries more firepower than most IS assault mechs.

81 before speed tweak, actually. Honestly, though, I think the Dire Wolf will be the toughest. 7 LPL that go 1200 meters, a Mark VII targeting computer, and enough DHS to actually manage the heat, all with max armor. Have fun trying to take that one down.

Edited by 101011, 11 June 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#7 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

I'd say Nova. While it might not be the most armored, it can pack a 68 damage alpha strike with lasers, with 4 MGs to crit afterwards while still carrying 20 DHS.

Burn time for the ERSL is at 1s, same as IS lasers while the ERML is at 1.3 seconds, and while that isn't ideal, it can still be worked around.

7 second cooldown on the SSRM6+the stream fire (.75s?) will make those better for hit and run lights. 1.5s burn time on ERLLs will make them....long.

Even the pulse lasers have long burn times...1.1 for the MPL, and shortest is the SPL at .75 seconds, at the same damage as the isSPL, 3.4.

Some weapons won't be ideal.

Edited by Mcgral18, 11 June 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#8 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

As a JagerMech pilot, I find the "But they only have arm weapons" argument to be clutching at straws....considering the amplified damage and especially considering that you don't always get to shoot at the enemy first, being able to aim for the arms for defense is not very comforting.

Edited by Pygar, 11 June 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#9 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostPygar, on 11 June 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

As a JagerMech pilot, I find the "But they only have arm weapons" argument to be clutching at straws....considering the amplified damage and especially considering that you don't always get to shoot at the enemy first, being able to aim for the arms for defense is only so comforting.

Jagger have ****** arms to aim for, the clans have over sised arms and shoulders.

View Post101011, on 11 June 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

Well...I guess they could try. But while they are grinding down my arms, I will be grinding down their center torso. Who wins there?

I expect IS side to play conservative and defensive then its only because i forget its going to be a mishmash of IS and clan together in a DM :/

Edited by DAYLEET, 11 June 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#10 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

[DIRE WOLF-PRIME]: 4xCERML, 4xCUAC10, Clan XL300, 16 DHS would like a word.

#11 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 11 June 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

I expect IS side to play conservative and defensive then its only because i forget its going to be a mishmash of IS and clan together in a DM :/

IS mechs on the same teams as Clan mechs is going to be better for the overall viability of IS mechs... I don't think the two lines of tech are going to be that closely balanced, and depending on how many people get Clan mechs and/or if people get to use Omni mechs as trials.... IS mechs might become rather scarce soon, (IS mechs that are fit really really well might be able to hang on- but IS mechs that are not min/maxed as much as possible? Not so much....and probably done for.)

Edited by Pygar, 11 June 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#12 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

The easiest one is the one I'm piloting.

Just saying.

Cheers.

#13 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

Two Dire Wolves:
One with 2UAC20s and whatever backup weapons you like..
The Other with 2xGR and 2xERPPC- low slung weapons may be a problem in being aggressive in uneven terrain.. but you won't really want to poke your head up, or get caught in the open with 50pt PP FLD with 10splash...traveling at 2000/1500 m/s respectively.

(Timberwolf is a Jumpjet LRM stalker that goes 94ish kph with Speed Tweak...take that for what you will.)

#14 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:16 PM

But seriously, I'm not up on the mediums and lights because lol@littlemechs, but the Timberwolf has weapons everywhere, the Summoner has 2 ballistic and 2 missile side torsos available, and while the Warhawk only has a couple Missile hardpoints in various ST's, it's an assault. It'll take some serious time to clip it's arms. The Direwolf is just a murderbeast everywhere.

Edited by Wintersdark, 11 June 2014 - 03:18 PM.

#15 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Daishi

x4 UAC/10s does like 24 dps. It will destroy any mech in 5 seconds lol.

#16 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Kit fox

I think the kitfox is going to frustrate IS mechs a lot

Light mechs won't be able to close due to their streaks and medium mechs are going to get picked apart by all the weaponry it brings.

#17 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Some META is hard to kill.....

[DIRE WOLF-PRIME]: 8xCERPPC, Clan XL300, DHS

Edited by poopenshire, 11 June 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#18 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

View Postpoopenshire, on 11 June 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

With 8 CERPPCs you're definitely going to want to remove that Gauss Rifle ammo and stuff in a few more DHS ;)

#19 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

2 Deaths for One Alpha. Interesting.

#20 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

that kind of meta kills itself overheating.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users