#21 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:27 PM

View Postdarkkterror, on 11 June 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

With 8 CERPPCs you're definitely going to want to remove that Gauss Rifle ammo and stuff in a few more DHS ;)

pasted the wrong link. fixed now.

#22 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

I personally am fascinated by the LRM boat options on the Puma and Kit Fox. I always thought it was a waste to have a heavy mechs armor and potential. such as a Stalker, sitting in the back line where all that armor goes to waste. Having Light mechs stay back out of the fight and allowing the assault mechs to take more frontline roles will be useful. Plus These light mechs aren't as fast as IS lights but they would be able to make use of the speed they have to stay mobile for LRM purposes.

I don't know that that makes them hard for the IS to deal with but it is something I am interested in seeing how it works.

#23 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostKhobai, on 11 June 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Daishi

x4 UAC/10s does like 24 dps. It will destroy any mech in 5 seconds lol.

I'm sure they'll ghost heat the every living crap out of the CUAC10's, but even chainfired.... That's still stupid DPS that will chop up mechs like nobodies business.

#24 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 June 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

I personally am fascinated by the LRM boat options on the Puma and Kit Fox. I always thought it was a waste to have a heavy mechs armor and potential. such as a Stalker, sitting in the back line where all that armor goes to waste. Having Light mechs stay back out of the fight and allowing the assault mechs to take more frontline roles will be useful. Plus These light mechs aren't as fast as IS lights but they would be able to make use of the speed they have to stay mobile for LRM purposes.

I don't know that that makes them hard for the IS to deal with but it is something I am interested in seeing how it works.

No Need: Timberwolf 4xLRM15 at 80 kph... with JJs.

#25 Pygar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 June 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

But seriously, I'm not up on the mediums and lights because lol@littlemechs, but the Timberwolf has weapons everywhere, the Summoner has 2 ballistic and 2 missile side torsos available, and while the Warhawk only has a couple Missile hardpoints in various ST's, it's an assault. It'll take some serious time to clip it's arms.

While dealing possibly twice the damage of a similarly sized IS mech....yup, what could go wrong?

I think a lot f the nerfs that are being put on the Clans have an odd habit of only being kind of good for the enemy but are also kind of good for the Clan pilot at the same time....

"But you can't change the engine..." sounds great to IS scout mech pilots, but not so much to pilots of slower mechs- and to Clan pilots it means never having to grind Cbills to buy an engine ever again.

"But the weapons are D.O.T...." again sounds great for scout mech pilots, and again, not so comforting for slower mechs, just longer time of helpless camera shaking and futile torso twisting while your mech gets shredded- and to the Clan pilot it means you can fire a UAC20 at a locust, miss initially, but still possibly hit scan your way to getting most of the rest of your damage to land, instead of just waiting until the weapon recycles like with a regular AC20.

"But the weapons are all in the arms..." sounds great if you catch a Clan mech standing still, but not so much if the Clan mech spotted you first- and to the Clan pilot, arm mounted weapons have better aiming than torso mounted ones...and your weapons probably reach farther than IS so guess who probably gets to shoot first more often. (Also, not all Omni's are limited in this way, and even worse, because of how the pods work Omnimechs are going to have an added advantage of not being able to easily tell how it's fit just by knowing the chassis/variant, especially early on before people have found established "meta" builds for each given mech)

I think pretty much all of the Clan mechs coming are going to be tougher than people realize, and will be very difficult if not impossible for IS mechs to match up with on a 1:1 basis.

Edited by Pygar, 11 June 2014 - 04:02 PM.

#26 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 11 June 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

View PostLivewyr, on 11 June 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

You forget 3/3/3/3. If clanners are going to have to take these light mechs anyway. They would probably be best utilized as the LRM support thus freeing up the Timberwolf to flank and harrass the enemy front line..

#27 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 11 June 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

You forget 3/3/3/3. If clanners are going to have to take these light mechs anyway. They would probably be best utilized as the LRM support thus freeing up the Timberwolf to flank and harrass the enemy front line..

Why should I believe you...? "Thomas Marik"

(In all seriousness, Yeah, The lights could be useful with LRMs, but if one is looking for a worthwhile fast LRM support, I'd think that Stormcrow or Timberwolf would be better suited. The Mini-Assaults should probably hang out with the group with CSPLs and SSRMs to ward off any swarms.)

#28 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

I see the Timber Wolf and Dire Wolf as being the biggest pains. Summoners... while they theoretically could mount some huge firepower due to their limited hard points, will suffer too much from their reliance on arm mounted weaponry. The Storm Crow is too big, the lights suffer from being slow...granted, they can mount some firepower but I fail to see how they can be really fearsome outside of a snipers role due to their speed.

#29 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

remember when everybody was bashing the "clan nerf"?

i said "no, they´ll still have a HEAVY impact on the game"... we will see tomorrow...

#30 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

The ryoken will be very annoying
high speed,small arm hitboxes, long range and lots of firepower.

#31 Natasha Radick

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLurking in the Periphery...

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

In my opinion, the Kit Fox, Timberwolf and the Slaughterhouse AKA Dire Wolf are going to be the biggest and meanest beasties on the playing field to deal with. That Dire Wolf is going to be able to take a beating and still deal a massive amount of punishment in very little time. A Timberwolf on its six will be able to sit back and fire volley after volley of LRMs and Energy suppression fire preventing too much damage to come to the Dire Wolf and the Kit Fox nipping at the heels and backs of enemy mechs from the rear pressing them forward and panicking them is going to make for one hell of a shooting gallery.

Plus. Add in the Stormcrow and the Nova and IS mechs don't stand a snowball's chance in H.F.I.L.

#32 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostLivewyr, on 11 June 2014 - 03:36 PM, said:

Why should I believe you...? "Thomas Marik"

(In all seriousness, Yeah, The lights could be useful with LRMs, but if one is looking for a worthwhile fast LRM support, I'd think that Stormcrow or Timberwolf would be better suited. The Mini-Assaults should probably hang out with the group with CSPLs and SSRMs to ward off any swarms.)

I usually forget about the Stormcrow. I never liked how it looked :). Those light variants just jumped out at me when I saw them listed. In truth I think any of these clan mechs can be turned into a LRM board. Witht eh possible exception of the Assaults? I'd have to look at them again. I wish these things were on smurphy.

#33 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostTed Wayz, on 11 June 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Getting ready for next week and my 24 new shinies. Sure I am a fanboi of the Dire Wolf and Timber Wolf, how can you not be if you ever played the TT? But I am guessing that the Stormcrow will be the biggest pain in the ass for the IS to deal with.

The mix of speed, armor and firepower will make it a headache for all classes. The addition of the ER to the ML's and the abundance of DBL HS will give it range and sustained fire over IS mechs that it can maintain sight lines on.

But that is my opinion. Which clan mech do you see being the biggest pain the keister for the IS to deal with?

The most likely contender for top tier mech is the Dire Wolf. While the Clan lights and heavies will encounter engine problems limiting customization and total firepower for the heavies and max speed for the lights, the assaults will benefit greatly from XL engines giving lots of free tonnage.

Given that the mech also has a large number of hardpoints the max tonnage of 100 it will probably be the most fearsome clan mech.

However, there are severe balance changes coming and the stats of Clan weapons are largely a mystery, so I'd expect a few surprises as well.

We'll see what tomorrow's public test of the Clans brings to light.

Edited by Marmon Rzohr, 11 June 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#34 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

View PostMarmon Rzohr, on 11 June 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

The most likely contender for top tier mech is the Dire Wolf. While the Clan lights and heavies will encounter engine problems limiting customization and total firepower for the heavies and max speed for the lights, the assaults will benefit greatly from XL engines giving lots of free tonnage.

Given that the mech also has a large number of hardpoints the max tonnage of 100 it will probably be the most fearsome clan mech.

However, there are severe balance changes coming and the stats of Clan weapons are largely a mystery, so I'd expect a few surprises as well.

We'll see what tomorrow's public test of the Clans brings to light.

Weapon stats are out on an .XML.

UAC20 will take 4.75 seconds to cycle, if I read it correctly, because they didn't remove the burst time from the recycle. LRM20 goes to 5.75 seconds, because .05s delay for each missile.

UAC20 delay is .15 seconds, 5 shells.

Dire wolf is a tad slow to be meta. Can't jump, but it can certainly bring facewrecking firepower to those who can't escape it.

#35 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 11 June 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

UAC20 will take 4.75 seconds to cycle, if I read it correctly, because they didn't remove the burst time from the recycle. LRM20 goes to 5.75 seconds, because .05s delay for each missile.

Dire wolf is a tad slow to be meta. Can't jump, but it can certainly bring facewrecking firepower to those who can't escape it.

Could you post a link pls ? I can't find the original post

#36 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

So what you're saying, it would be the last thing you would want to, or ever, see in the Frozen City caves?

#37 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

Wow.... so that means UAC20 can belch out it's whole double-shot burst in just over one full second (1.2 seconds)?

No wonder they nerfed all ACs last week....cuz yeah, that's still going to be a nasty nasty gun in close combat.

Edited by Pygar, 11 June 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#38 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostFirelizard, on 11 June 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

So what you're saying, it would be the last thing you would want to, or ever, see in the Frozen City caves?

Until you jump either on top of it, or over it. Assuming you aren't cored by the time that happens. Twist speed might be an issue. So, best tactic would be either very close, or very far. Where it can't track you.

View PostMarmon Rzohr, on 11 June 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

Could you post a link pls ? I can't find the original post

The Mods took the last thread down. I assuming linking it would be against something. They'll be on the PTS tomorrow, so you'll get the numbers then.

#39 StandingInFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Thank that mechbuilder, I now know what mech I am going to build & buy:
[DIRE WOLF-PRIME]: 4xCMPL, 2xCUAC/20, 2xCLRM20, CAMS, Clan XL300, DHS
ALL THE PEW PEW!

#40 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Dangit, even if I have to fly only IS mechs, I'm going to have to get on test server tomorrow to see the Omni's, I can't wait... I think they are going to be silly powerful.

Edited by Pygar, 11 June 2014 - 04:32 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users