Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Care About The Clan Release?

17 replies to this topic

#1 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

Question is in the topic header.

Like, who really cares? Why should we care?

All of the interesting lore is thrown out the window.

Mixed clan/IS teams, no Clan stars, still no community warfare (and won't be for a very long time, if ever, I imagine) to make the clans actually scary.

It's just a bunch of Mechs with (slightly) different rules on how you can modify them.

I'd rather new maps, modes, etc. personally.

#2 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

View Postthemoob, on 11 June 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Mixed clan/IS teams, no Clan stars, still no community warfare (and won't be for a very long time, if ever, I imagine) to make the clans actually scary.

It's just a bunch of Mechs with (slightly) different rules on how you can modify them.

They had an opportunity to actually drive some clan sales. During the "open test" they should allow everyone to try them. I would think that, it would drive more sales than "Hey if you pre-order it you get to test it..."

I'm not really caring much to be honest. Actually been about a month since I fired the game up.

Edited by Saxie, 11 June 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#3 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostSaxie, on 11 June 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

They had an opportunity to actually drive some clan sales. During the "open test" they should allow everyone to try them. I would think that, it would drive more sales than "Hey if you pre-order it you get to test it..."

I'm not really caring much to be honest. Actually been about a month since I fired the game up.

if anything they should delay the actual release until next year and only allow people that bought packs to play with them.

#4 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

Its a bunch of new mechs with new types of XL engines AND new weapons. So yeah I'm interested, new maps would be nice but we've been playing with the same weapons forever now.

#5 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

I've been waiting for this since the first MWO trailer, so :)

In any game the level of immersion is always determined by the player. They will introduce more of it with CW though, but however they do it, I'm very excited.

The game really is evolving with some speed finally.

#6 Jolly Llama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:23 PM

And Community Warfare. I could care less about running Clan mechs. I am not even gonna get one until they are out for C-Bills, and then just to see how they work from the inside.

#7 blackicmenace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Yes, you are the only person that does not care. You are a unique, special, uncaring snowflake.

#8 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 281 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:41 PM

It's new game mechanics in a single-life team-based arena class-shooter. If you like single-life team-based arena class-shooters you should be two parts apprehensive, one part excited.

#9 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

Not even remotely interested in it.........a bit apprehensive over the impact it's going to have on an already hurting game though. PGI just keeps adding straws to the poor camels back..........it'll break sooner or later.

#10 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

I never planed on buying the clan mechs, I'll be fat and happy shooting them down in my IS mechs. I hope PGI doesn't try to force a migration path to clan through power creep (like they did with the DS and Ember), I would be totally fine with asymmetric warfare if PGI could pull it off, but instead they are "normalizing" clan mechs, which I am afraid means just slightly more powerful, no enough to change 12v12, just enough that you need to buy a Clan mech to keep up with the jonzes.

#11 battlescorps

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

enough with the mechs clan or IS! we have enough diversity in chassis it's time for maps, CW, and open group sizes so I can drop with my friends who are online!! HAving to try and sync drop is a pain in the ass when I want to have fun with MY TEAM!

#12 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Should we care that you don't care?
Do you really need to announce your apathy?

#13 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

Nope u r defiantly not the only on who doesn't care about the clans I'm happy for the patch because Srms r gonna be fixed, or are they?????????

#14 themoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 589 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

View Posthercules1981, on 11 June 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

Nope u r defiantly not the only on who doesn't care about the clans I'm happy for the patch because Srms r gonna be fixed, or are they?????????

Don't get me wrong, patches are exciting (I think that's what you're trying to say). Just not clans.

#15 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Since Mechwarrior2 i love Clans and not because i want op tech. I love the design of Clanmechs. Sooo yea i care about them and just killed some time since Closed Beta with the IS Mechs until Clan release.

ps.: this thread looks like the last cry from IS Freeborns before Clan release

Edited by Degalus, 11 June 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#16 blackicmenace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostDegalus, on 11 June 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

Since Mechwarrior2 i love Clans and not because i want op tech. I love the design of Clanmechs. Sooo yea i care about them and just killed some time since Closed Beta with the IS Mechs until Clan release.

ps.: this thread looks like the last cry from IS Freeborns before Clan release

Looking forward to killing Clanners in IS mechs. Of course I will have Clan mech also just because I love to have a large diversity of mechs.

#17 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

View Postblackicmenace, on 11 June 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

Looking forward to killing Clanners in IS mechs. Of course I will have Clan mech also just because I love to have a large diversity of mechs.

:) hehe i like tough enemys.

#18 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:42 PM

Lore has already been thrown out the window to an extent due to how the MechLab works. You can take any mech and rip it apart and turn it into anything else. Thus no mech tends to keep the role it was meant for. Example: When the Awesome was first released everyone ripped out the ERPPCs and boated 7 MPLs on it. Completely changing the role from what the unit was designed for.

Honestly I don't mind the clan units or tech. But considering PGI is actually mostly sticking to the traditional TT Omni-mech build-rules (can't change internal structure or engine ratings, etc etc) ... the clan units will largely be completely INFERIOR to current IS non-Omni mechs because they are LESS flexible than IS units built in the Mech Lab ... which REALLY turns the lore on its head. I don't understand how PGI can stick to TT build rules for clan ... but we have full-blown mech building (almost) for IS units. Mechlab should have been treated as field retro-fitting (which, in practical terms means we probably should have included hardpoint size restrictions on top of what we have now so you can't do things like replace a MG with a Gauss rifle, etc).

The thing that does concern me is that we are introducing clan units and tech when we still aren't even remotely close to fully dealing with weapon balance and convergence issues. Now we are adding a heap of additional problems onto the existing which can only result in a colossal mess. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it takes a full 6-12 months to hammer out the resulting problems.

Edited by topgun505, 11 June 2014 - 07:46 PM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users