What would you like to see?

#82 Grimolfr

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTerran Republic

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

I don't normally have any love for this kinda art style, but this is too damned good. Here's my wallet

#83 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

I hope nothing like that Orion stance happens again... It looked bad. But its pretty cool. That ending battle tho.... Epic.

#84 TheRealTommo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 145 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

Tommo approves ;)

#85 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostSirDubDub, on 11 June 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Figured I'd post it here for anyone who missed it on NGNG or the reddits.

The trailer for a proposed crowdfunded Mechwarrior/Battletech film. The legal rights to fund raise for the project are still in limbo, but at least you guys get some stompy robot action out of it ;)

Makes me want to immediately get to the FRR border!!

#86 RMR

• PipPip
  • Captain
  • Captain
  • 48 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationEast coast USA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:13 PM

So great. I have been wishing for a Battletech Blood of Kerensky based movie for YEARS now. So I'll take it.

I checked out the YT channel and found his Davion Vid.... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I had to do this...

Posted Image

#87 Sere Sudae

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:09 PM

You can't crowdfund a specific project for legal issues, but what about a Patreon to get money directly to you, without any explicit link to Battletech media you might make with the funds?

#88 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIn a Shadowhawk

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostOmni 13, on 30 June 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

The art style doesn't really matter at all, the animations looked good though and it was well done (people seem to not know that battlemechs are far more agile than they are in game)

Basically what he said. i.e the atlas could supposedly pick up medium mechs and literally throw them.

Edited by B8hunter, 13 March 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#89 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:27 AM

I actually think that the art style shown here (sort of like the Star Wars cartoon movie) works much better than a live action movie would.

Also, I love how the colour of the eyes seemed to indicated what faction they were from. Little tricks like that can really help people understand the narrative even without words being spoken.

#90 SnowFox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:33 AM

Gleee

#91 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 13 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

Anime has no place in battletech imho

#92 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

You know that a lot of the original core mech designs came from anime right?

Fasa "borrowed" designs from Crusher Joe, Fang of the Sun Dougram, and Macross/Robotech.

#93 TequilaSunrise

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostMech42Ace, on 13 June 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

This is great, if this is made, there most likely be mech actionfigures!

Actually, back in the 90's there was a battletech animated series that they made mech action figures for. I'll see if I can't dig them up and post some pictures.

Edited by TequilaSunrise, 13 March 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#94 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 17 February 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Makes me want to immediately get to the FRR border!!

Posted Image

Then Banzai your way there :D

#95 Ragnar44331

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

pure epicness.

#96 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:04 AM

I thought the whole thing was great. Okay, sure, sue me I'm an anime fan, but not so much I would be a fan of a bad anime.

It's too bad that Topps said no to allowing this to move forward through kickstarter. What people tend not to understand is that intellectual property is a pretty sticky wicket. Once lawyers are involved things get pretty complicated. From what I have read there are some complex agreements regarding some of the mechs other companies objected to. If you went forward with this in any fashion I would recommend steering clear of those and sticking to stuff that is more clear of such issues.

I'm wondering whether they made any specific objections to the movie or just flat said no to the whole idea. Unfortunately even a nonprofit, fan-made movie can still be challenged on any number of grounds and I'm sure that's not a road OP wants to travel down.

If there was a way to fund more work I would probably do it. It's probably true that sticking to a fan-made nonprofit flick funded through patreon would have less chance for objection than something kickstarter funded that led to a profitable commercial venture, so maybe this is possible.

In any event I think this tells the story in a way that the original cartoon couldn't, mainly due to its format. When I finally watched it, it seemed to me they were going for an animation and story style more similar to the 80s cartoons like GI Joe and Transformers, which is fine, but obviously something more like this cartoon would be preferable to a lot of fans. EPIC. There isn't a thing I would change about it except of course anything that gives lawyer critters an excuse to howl.

I would say, too, that if you are able to make stuff like this, you have a talent that should lift you from that minimum wage job you love to hate. Some of the most popular cartoons these days started as flash animation, and game and animation companies are always looking for talent like this. If anything, I think you should be able to get something going, if not Battletech, something else, that you could get people to donate through something like Patreon. To all the haters out there: If you really have a better idea we would love to see it. No one should object to any attempt to portray this universe in our current situation where there is such a paucity of material.

Edited by Anachronda, 09 August 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#97 CrescentHawk

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:48 PM

Very awesome. Wish all the legal crap wasn't getting in the way. I would definitely support it, but I would probably give money to anything that was battletech.

#98 William Slayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 375 posts
  • LocationSchools out at the Coventry Academy...

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:42 PM

This got pinned for a reason! So much wow. Thanks SirDubDub! I think it safe to say you could solicit the current BT game makers like MWO or the new Harebrained guys for an opening cinematic contract!

You know, with CW coming out of 'beta' a great intro animated scene would do wonders to grab the attention of the new Steam players that will be checking the game out. Seriously, you should make a proposal to them!

Sincere wishes that you get to take this further! :rolleyes:

Edited by William Slayer, 12 November 2015 - 11:48 PM.

#99 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:16 AM

View PostWilliam Slayer, on 12 November 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

This got pinned for a reason! So much wow. Thanks SirDubDub! I think it safe to say you could solicit the current BT game makers like MWO or the new Harebrained guys for an opening cinematic contract!

You know, with CW coming out of 'beta' a great intro animated scene would do wonders to grab the attention of the new Steam players that will be checking the game out. Seriously, you should make a proposal to them!

Sincere wishes that you get to take this further! Posted Image

I wholeheartedly second this suggestion.

#100 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:36 AM

View PostRuns With Scissors, on 13 June 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

a bit too anime for me but still really cool

Agreed.... would like to see a serious take at live action and quality CGI.... Mechwarrior and Battletech have a great opportunity with Franchises like Marvel and World of Warcraft making it to the big screen. The storyline of the clan invasion and counter attack is a goldmine of scripts for great action movies!

Who knows... may even fit well with Michael Bay, Neill Blomkamp, or Peter Jackson's style!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users