• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 14 June 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

Then what the **** was the point? If you are rolling to back to 3050 everyone that was flying the IS banner proudly since the official beta should NOT have any Clan mechs. If you are going to do that then bring the timeline up considerably like what MW3 did. Give them their Bushwackers & Avatars & the like.

I should not be invading a Successor State in 3050 & see the Donegal Guards with a Timberwolf. Come on PGI, YOU said you wanted to put it back to the beginning of the invasion. Make it right. How many balls can you drop ffs?
Depends how many they are attempting to carry. ;)

I'm sure you'll see the restrictions once CW comes out but there will likely be more Clanners than IS. Watch it all fall apart then..

#22 Steinar Bergstol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:32 AM

View PostKelesK, on 14 June 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

Probably won't. Too many people would complain.

****** that! As an IS pilot and a Draconis Combine player since my first BT boxed set in the mid 80's I don't want to see Clan mechs on IS teams in the game! I want to see Thunderbolts, Atlases, Stalkers, Victors, Griffins, Wolverines, Jenners, Spiders, Commandos, Hunchbacks, Catapults, Trebuchets and so on and so forth (I also want to see Marauders, Archers, Warhammers, Phoenix Hawks, Wasps, Stingers, Ostrocs, Crusaders and so on, but that's an entirely different argument). I don't want IS lances made up of Daishis, Masakaris, Ryokens and Mad Cats. It's just... Wrong. Wrong in every possible way. At least until we're several years into the invasion era seeing clanmechs in IS teams just feels like a cheap cop-out. If you wanna pilot clanmachines then fight for the clans, otherwise what's the point?

#23 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 14 June 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

I want to see Thunderbolts, Atlases, Stalkers, Victors, Griffins, **********, Jenners, Spiders, Commandos, Hunchbacks, Catapults, Trebuchets and so on and so forth.
You said a very dirty word there...

But I entirely agree and it is good to see some fighting spirit on the IS side of the fence. Problem is you have that group who are Timber Wolf fanboys or people who just want the best toys. At least most will cook their Omni's and die a dishonorable death.

Edited by KelesK, 14 June 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#24 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostKelesK, on 14 June 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

But I entirely agree and it is good to see some fighting spirit on the IS side of the fence.

Indeed. These are the players that would make the IS strong and would fight even against OP Clan 'Mechs. Lead by Joseph Mallan, these heroic warriors of the Inner Sphere would stand against our invasion with their IS 'Mechs.. But $$$ said nope nope nope.

#25 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 June 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

Indeed. These are the players that would make the IS strong and would fight even against OP Clan 'Mechs. Lead by Joseph Mallan, these heroic warriors of the Inner Sphere would stand against our invasion with their IS 'Mechs.. But $$$ said nope nope nope.
Agreed. These are the ones who are truly worth engaging in combat!

#26 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

I look forward to turning the few, the worthy, into my bondsmen.
bardlord was the last one, Liao turned chef. He could use an apprentice....

#27 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostKelesK, on 14 June 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

At least most will cook their Omni's and die a dishonorable death.

Indeed. I do not think I made a build in the PTS with a heat efficiency over 1.1. ;)

#28 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 June 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

Many of the Pilots I would dare call Surat, indeed they are seasoned mechwarriors deserving of respect.

#29 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:12 AM

View Post101011, on 14 June 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

Indeed. I do not think I made a build in the PTS with a heat efficiency over 1.1. ;)
A shame these dezgra cannot be fired upon while they're frying eggs. Though they would unlikely give us the same level of respect.

#30 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostKelesK, on 14 June 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

A shame these dezgra cannot be fired upon while they're frying eggs. Though they would unlikely give us the same level of respect.

I disagree. It is a mark of skill to control one's heat in combat, and they deserve all they get if they demonstrate their inability. Also, I happen to be a member of the 139th Striker Cluster:

The [139th Striker] was created with one goal in mind: to combat the IS armies with their own tactics. This includes tactical retreat, massed fire and others.

Edited by 101011, 14 June 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#31 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

View Post101011, on 14 June 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

I disagree. It is a mark of skill to control one's heat in combat, and they deserve all they get if they demonstrate their inability. Also, I happen to be a member of the 139th Striker Cluster:
While I don't disagree I'm not a part of that Cluster. ;)

#32 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

I agree and I am not a part of that CLAN. If a pilot cooks themselves, they deserve to be shot. The heat curve is life. The heat curve is death. Victory and defeat. Depending on which side of the line you lay, you either rise or fall.

#33 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

I should probably prod the official Clan Jade Falcon guys of their RoE. I may not be a member but I think it's worth following the majority.

#34 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostKelesK, on 14 June 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

Because preaching to most of us that you want a Timber Wolf simply because you're a fan of the Mech isn't going to net you a positive response.

So THAT'S why his nickname is "Mad Kat"! ;)

#35 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostSteinar Bergstol, on 14 June 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

****** that! As an IS pilot and a Draconis Combine player since my first BT boxed set in the mid 80's I don't want to see Clan mechs on IS teams in the game! I want to see Thunderbolts, Atlases, Stalkers, Victors, Griffins, Wolverines, Jenners, Spiders, Commandos, Hunchbacks, Catapults, Trebuchets and so on and so forth (I also want to see Marauders, Archers, Warhammers, Phoenix Hawks, Wasps, Stingers, Ostrocs, Crusaders and so on, but that's an entirely different argument). I don't want IS lances made up of Daishis, Masakaris, Ryokens and Mad Cats. It's just... Wrong. Wrong in every possible way. At least until we're several years into the invasion era seeing clanmechs in IS teams just feels like a cheap cop-out. If you wanna pilot clanmachines then fight for the clans, otherwise what's the point?

I really hope there are more IS pilots like you out there. I tip my hat to you sir.

View PostKelesK, on 14 June 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

While I don't disagree I'm not a part of that Cluster. ;)

But you ARE a part of that Clan. It is actually because of them that I stopped worrying about firing on someone who shut down due to over heating. Well ever since I read The Jade Phoenix Trilogy that is.

Peri finished the torso drill and Joanna addressed Aidan. "Cadet Aidan. Check your heat scale. Does it show up normal? Respond."

On the intercom, cadets always had to wait for Joanna's order to respond before they could press and hold down the blue button next to the 'Mech throttle and actually speak to her. He had expected the communication restrictions to be relaxed once in a 'Mech, and it surprised him to learn that he could still not speak to Joanna or any other officer without permission to respond.

"Heat scale normal," he said and released the button.

"As it should be. I tell you to check only to make sure you realize the most important cockpit rule. Never—not in the heat of battle or the excitement of fixing an enemy 'Mech in your sights, lining it up, and using your most skillful assault plan, your best array of weaponry in the fancy blasts and pulses that have become your battlefield specialty—never, never forget that you must be continually conscious of the ribbons of information revealed on the heat-scale gauge. A 'Mech is like a living being; it is like the horse of the cavalry, the camel of the desert warrior. You must continually care for it, not push it too much, not allow it to become overheated. Just as those animals speeded up the time, and in many ways, expanded the territory over which wars could be conducted, so the BattleMech—and especially the OmniMech—has quickened and enhanced the possibilities of ground warfare. But even with the improved heat-sink technology of the OmniMechs our scientists have provided us, we can still disable our own 'Mech, making it a sitting duck for others, or even get it blown up and ourselves with it, because we get so caught up in being a hero that we forget the patterns of awareness that a 'Mech pilot must maintain at all times. These patterns include the knowledge of your own 'Mech as well as the situation of the fellow warriors of your Star or Star Cluster. This warning is for all of you. Cadet Peri, you understand this, quiaff? Respond."

The Jade Phoenix Trilogy - Book 1 - Way of the Clans

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 14 June 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#36 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

View Postmad kat, on 13 June 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

Whats going on with the clan release schedule and why is the first clan mech seen in lore one of the last to be introduced?

Can only assume it gives them time to try and iron out clan bugs before the all hail the fabled timberwolf is released.

So why is it gonna take them 5 months to release 8 mechs when after yesterdays pts we've established that the design phase is pretty much done bar a few tweaks.

Pre-order means you get them early. All pre-ordered Clan mechs are released on the same day to those who bought them. They become available to everyone else for MC and cbills with the release schedule.

Staggering them out means "We get time to catch up by shifting one or two guys of the art team over to new Inner Sphere mechs while the rest work on the new maps. We need so many of them on it because they will be using completely new texture sets." (Paraphrased; summarized).

With these all tested (and publicly tested), the leads of the team can shift their focus towards Community Warfare (slated August to September; they were going for June but managing the Clan mechs, new weapon systems, etc. was too much of a work load and they also couldn't work on the new map required for a new game mode during this time; also slated to come out at the same time as CW).

Edited by Koniving, 14 June 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#37 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 14 June 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

But you ARE a part of that Clan. It is actually because of them that I stopped worrying about firing on someone who shut down due to over heating. Well ever since I read The Jade Phoenix Trilogy that is.

The Jade Phoenix Trilogy - Book 1 - Way of the Clans
I'm not a member of CGB. ;)

Thanks for that. I've read that in the past but it completely slipped my mind.

#38 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

I was referring to the Jade Falcons. ;)

I thought you would have picked up on the Jade in Jade Phoenix Trilogy.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 14 June 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#39 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 14 June 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

I was referring to the Jade Falcons. :rolleyes:8

I thought you would have picked up on the Jade in Jade Phoenix Trilogy.
I was thinking that was what you meant but I wasn't sure. XD

#40 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:39 AM

http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/0451459512

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users