Ct For Direwolf

25 replies to this topic

#21 Commander Binz

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNZ - Lagshield Heaven

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

This is great news ;)

I can drop armor off the legs and arms, since no-one will be shooting at them. Saves tonnes, for.... more ammo! And weapons!

Seriously though, havent driven it yet but so excited for a couple more days.....

#22 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:28 PM

The Dire Wolf is a bit like the angler fish. It lures mechs out into the open with the tantalizing bait of a giant CT and then it strikes.

CT does feel pretty big. Though, to be honest the only thing that I ever worried about was another Dire Wolf. Two mechs with lots of fire power and big CTs. That fight takes place on a razor's edge.

#23 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

Biggest problem with the huge CT is that it trivializes having a Clan XL engine. The DW's hitboxes need to be redrawn so its side torsos wrap around the sides of the CT, like the Stalker.

#24 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:21 AM

The only real success I had with it was when I used it as a support mech. I would hang back and let everyone else fight and take shots when I could. The problem is that this is NOT how it is supposed to be used. It is an assault mech and should be in the fight. Not sitting back and trying not to die.

#25 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:49 AM

CT too big for sure

#26 H Seldon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:05 AM

I've been able spread the damage pretty well since the change in the last patch. I've also had a lot more matches with 1000+ damage and 4-7 kills. And I've died from losing both side torsos quite a few times. A Dire Wolf needs to be played in a certain way, if you deviate from that, you will die quick.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users