26 replies to this topic

#1 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

After the Clan mechs are made available, what will the CGB mech requirements be for the touman for matches?

Do mechwarriors only drop if they have Clantech?

I mean, the IS cannot drop IS-tech AND Clan-tech into a match against the invading Clans, who, probably still have Star League tech in their inventories. (As far as I know, the IS portion of the MW:O playerbase will not be allowed to take Clan-tech in against clans even if they "own" it)

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:58 PM

This will likely not be an issue for many months after the drop of the Clantech....until the Mechs are widely available for c-bill purchase (thereby opening the floodgates), I doubt community warfare buckets that are factionally limited will be utilized by PGI.

#3 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

What Lukoi said.
I aren't any restrictions with new Mech in general. You drop in what you want, and for specific Trials there are sets of loadouts and new Mech should be added, not replace any of the existing. It wouldn't make sence to restrict what you drop in in PUGs because I doubt any Clan will have 100% Clan package adoption rate to begin with.

#4 Lucky Moniker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 452 posts
  • LocationSeaside, CA

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:21 AM

even then, some believe that clan tech doesnt fit the current meta (TBD) and might still drop in IS chassis for comp matches, even then mixing them will be the best way, get the best of both worlds

#5 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

View PostLucky Moniker, on 16 June 2014 - 01:21 AM, said:

even then, some believe that clan tech doesnt fit the current meta (TBD) and might still drop in IS chassis for comp matches, even then mixing them will be the best way, get the best of both worlds

Who ever believes that has not faced me and my Timber Wolf :); However to me It will always be the pilot not the mech.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 16 June 2014 - 01:43 AM.

#6 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:06 AM

Honestly even if i was one of the supercompetitive players (GGCLOSE crowd?) i would use Clan 'Mechs especially in competitive drops. Indeed, in such drops we should have all CW camo and OmniMechs in my opinion. I see pug matches or even regular 4-men drops as much more free and, considering that i have only the Timberwolf, i might still use the IS 'Mechs i will not seel sometimes :)

P.S. I am not sure i will sell many of them, not now at least, i have an affection for some of them and after all i would get a ridicolously low amount of money..

#7 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

That Orange is too bright, need a darker shade

#8 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

Hmm, I should have clarified a little more, when dropping in Community Warfare matches,...... Or is Community Warfare sufficiently far off that the touman will largely be equipped with Clantech and not have to worry about it....

I understand PUG matches will be whatever youse gots.

#9 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Figure CW is late fall... Nov ish. They have I'll have most of th chassis out by then. I will personally like everyone to drop in clan Mechs, as it should be. It is also a game and if someone insists on playing in subpar tech, why should I limit their waste.

#10 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

I realize I have no real right to comment on Touman Mech Requirements as I'm not an officer but my 'unofficial' opinion is that any Clan Mechwarrior should be piloting only Clan technology.
Especially now that Clan mechs are available for C-bills, there really is no excuse for Clan warriors not to pilot Clan mechs.

And on a similar note, I've been patient with PGI on all the tweaking/balancing, bug fixing, and content delays over the long months (PGI, I'm looking at CW); I'm so patient that I participated in their funding campaign ("Gold Khans") but from a "real MWO gamer" standpoint, if CW does *not* limit IS MechWarriors to IS mechs and Clan MechWarriors to Clan mechs until at least the mid 3052 ... then I will finally be dissapointed to the point where I'll have to join the "PGI doesn't know what they're doing crowd."
I state "mid 3052" because in the BT novels Inner-Sphere pilots did not easily have access to Clan tech: It was only very famous Inner-Sphere personalities, such as Victor Steiner-Davion and Hohiro Kurita who piloted Clan mechs.
It was primarily after the Battle of Luthien (after Tukayyid really) that Inner-Sphere weapon scientists had access to enough salvaged Clan Tech that you started to see (very rarely) some Inner-Sphere pilots with Clan mechs and finally the development of Inner-Sphere Omnimechs (around 3056).

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping PGI does what's right for the MechWarrior Universe: keeps it real and not out-of-sync with the Lore that made BattleTech and the MechWarrior games what they are today.

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:57 PM

Too late. They screwed that up when they gave EVERYONE the right to buy (and therefore play) both mech types. Plus, Clanners had to learn to love IS mechs for many many moons before Clantech was even available.

Also, not all Clan Mechs are available for c-bills yet, so largely a moot point.

CW will be split-tech queues...they've made that relatively solid point thus far, with an overall option to play "ffa" also apparently happening. So, folks will likely have the opportunity to drive what they want when it doesn't "count" and what's lore-ish when it does.

Still have to wait and see how CW is even implemented before this is an issue.

#12 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:15 PM

View PostHeroForHire, on 09 September 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

I realize I have no real right to comment on Touman Mech Requirements as I'm not an officer but my 'unofficial' opinion is that any Clan Mechwarrior should be piloting only Clan technology.
Especially now that Clan mechs are available for C-bills, there really is no excuse for Clan warriors not to pilot Clan mechs.

And on a similar note, I've been patient with PGI on all the tweaking/balancing, bug fixing, and content delays over the long months (PGI, I'm looking at CW); I'm so patient that I participated in their funding campaign ("Gold Khans") but from a "real MWO gamer" standpoint, if CW does *not* limit IS MechWarriors to IS mechs and Clan MechWarriors to Clan mechs until at least the mid 3052 ... then I will finally be dissapointed to the point where I'll have to join the "PGI doesn't know what they're doing crowd."
I state "mid 3052" because in the BT novels Inner-Sphere pilots did not easily have access to Clan tech: It was only very famous Inner-Sphere personalities, such as Victor Steiner-Davion and Hohiro Kurita who piloted Clan mechs.
It was primarily after the Battle of Luthien (after Tukayyid really) that Inner-Sphere weapon scientists had access to enough salvaged Clan Tech that you started to see (very rarely) some Inner-Sphere pilots with Clan mechs and finally the development of Inner-Sphere Omnimechs (around 3056).

Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping PGI does what's right for the MechWarrior Universe: keeps it real and not out-of-sync with the Lore that made BattleTech and the MechWarrior games what they are today.

Hehe, easy there.
There are still a lot reasons to own and use some of the IS mechs.
Maybe that will change with the Clan add on that will be comeing soon.
But have no fear! Afaik in CW you can only pilot the mechs of your faction.

#13 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

From what we know, there will still be the open queue and private matches where everything goes. CW matches will be a separate thing, and being in a Clan will limit you exclusively to Clan mechs. Further limits (e.g. certain chassis only) will apply in special missions. Keeping the open queue is PGI's way out of the "half my mechs do not work anymore" issue most players will raise.

#14 a gaijin

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

View PostLukoi, on 09 September 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

Too late. They screwed that up when they gave EVERYONE the right to buy (and therefore play) both mech types. Plus, Clanners had to learn to love IS mechs for many many moons before Clantech was even available.

I posit that giving EVERYONE the right to buy/play both mech types was simply a business decision to give everyone the chance to try all tech types out -- and also a way to makes more bucks.
And let's be honest, though there has always been a Clans section on the forums, there was no Clan choice for factions until fairly recently.
So from 2012 until what was it, June(?) you technically could not be a Clanner because it wasn't a faction choice.

Also, not all Clan Mechs are available for c-bills yet, so largely a moot point.

Enough Clan mechs are available for C-Bills now so that anyone can at least buy up to a heavy.
People who are "really into" the Clans already paid cash for them anyhow.

If I were Clan leader I would specify that all members pilot only Clan tech, and to use the Clan trial mechs until they earn enough C-bills to buy their own.

CW will be split-tech queues...they've made that relatively solid point thus far, with an overall option to play "ffa" also apparently happening. So, folks will likely have the opportunity to drive what they want when it doesn't "count" and what's lore-ish when it does.
Still have to wait and see how CW is even implemented before this is an issue.

Thank God. This at least is good news :D

View PostSirius Drake, on 09 September 2014 - 11:15 PM, said:

Hehe, easy there.
in CW you can only pilot the mechs of your faction.

This makes pefect sense and I sure hope it stays this way :)

#15 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

I am sure it will stay that way. The outrage, including the IS players, would be extrem ^^
And the IS players don't want Clan mechs. They want Clan Tech. Or at least better Tech.
But i think with the last set of nerfs the OMGWTFBBQCLANTECHISOP topic will Start to fade into oblivion.

Edited by Sirius Drake, 12 September 2014 - 12:28 AM.

#16 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:01 AM

View PostHeroForHire, on 11 September 2014 - 11:09 PM, said:

If I were Clan leader I would specify that all members pilot only Clan tech, and to use the Clan trial mechs until they earn enough C-bills to buy their own.

I would treat the public queue as free training grounds, and allow any mech there. Even if you assume that everyone is that deep into the role-playing aspect (which is not the case), it would make sense for Clan warriors to at least familiarize themselves with enemy technology.

#17 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:24 AM

View PostModo44, on 12 September 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

it would make sense for Clan warriors to at least familiarize themselves with enemy technology.

Sure.. While smashing down IS 'Mechs in the invasion! :P

Neg, using an inferior 'Mech would be a shame for any Clan warrior.. Indeed, even Clan Wolf puts almost all its freeborn and old warriors in a Galaxy end equips them with second line 'Mechs and very few OmniMechs.

#18 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:02 AM

Well, at least for the moment we need some IS mechs for ewar and Support reasons.
There is nothing as an Altlas DDC walking with 2 direwolves.

#19 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:23 AM

View PostSirius Drake, on 12 September 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

Well, at least for the moment we need some IS mechs for ewar and Support reasons.
There is nothing as an Altlas DDC walking with 2 direwolves.

There is the triple Direwolf and Kitfox setup. Soon we might also get the Hellbringer as the first heavy with ECM in this game.

#20 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

Okay, so, here's the deal....

I have 140 mil C-Bills and 19,000 MC - no more cash for PGI

I am interested in getting the Stormcrows as soon as they are available for c-bills and am wondering which Clan heavy to add and why. The Kit Fox has always been my favorite Light mech, but am interested in whether it really can be a pain for the enemy.

Which will be plug and play for most maps (if we can know which maps we will be dropping on, that makes things easy)?

I have never been one for assaults, but I am really not interested in that style of gameplay.

I am considering only four Clan mechs - one light, one medium, two heavies, after that, I believe my PGI funding will be exhausted. Unless they field the Shadowcat and/or Cauldron Born, of course.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users