#42 Spunkmeyer

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • LocationChicago IL, cReddit Merc Corp

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostKarrig, on 31 January 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Wow.... I’m Ooo so very happy I found this; I wish I could remember all our Clans lore. I just re-installed MW4 Mercs and wanting to improve my skills with my other kin, unless you all know something better.

I am a free birth, I will prove that I am worthy of a blood name ...I can't remember if that’s all the right terms.

Ever since I was a child I have always had the name of Wolf Clanner (in all things even today, Xbox screen name Wolf Clanner88 if you want to talk), I take true pride in this name.

It is my blood...I'll show you what’s in yours.

I've been doing the same with MW4Mercs, getting used to the feel of a neurohelmet again and brushing up on Clan history. I look forward to serving with you Wolves on the field of battle.

#43 Karrig Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 167 posts
  • LocationBreak room, getting coffee

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Well I've been playing MWLL yesterday and ...well I am just at the point of attepting to narc everything. I need out of multiplayer practice and training...vtol/areospace, I hit ground more then I hit targets ...things are alot harder then I thought.

Frustrating as it is going almost every game 0/8 with only 120ish points ....and always seeming to explode ...But I am enjoying it...when I can do good.

#44 Morgan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Just takes practice.

Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf.

#45 Phoenix Ward

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

It's good to see my Trothkin.

To honor the warden way is to honor Kerensky. Through his vision we have been tested and come out victorious. Even in defeat, we smile as we always hold the upper hand. Quiaff? :)

Edited by Phoenix Ward, 04 February 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#46 Sidney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 11 January 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Operation Revival happened because the Khan of Smoke Jaguar proposed that with the merger of Davion and Steiner that a star league could end up being formed with out a place for the Clans in it.

Now Ulric did advise the other Khans honestly of how they should prepare and fight the Trial of Possession for Terra, the other Khans did not listen.

To be fair, it was really the Outbound Light and not the Federated Commonwealth that stirred up the Clans. The Smoke Jaguars were able to convince the others that the Inner Sphere had grown strong enough once Comstar stumbled upon them with the Explorer Corps...who was looking for them. (If rumours from the Jihad are to be believed, the Outbound Light was intentionally sent there by the Wolverines to trigger an invasion)

Also, Ulric played the other Khans at Turkayyid to engineer a loss. Focht accuses him as much in the novels- and the Refusal War (Mechwarrior 2) was engineered by Ulric to prevent the Falcons from resuming the invasion.

#47 Sidney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostGrey Wind, on 01 February 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Grey Wind signing in. (Southern Coyote on the BT forums, to any of my pack members from there)

Hey Southern! Nice to see others here- it you can't tell it's Sid/Phad here :(

It'll be nice to have another Wolf to tear things up once the Clans show up...or a coyote'll do, I suppose...

View PostKarrig, on 31 January 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Wow.... I’m Ooo so very happy I found this; I wish I could remember all our Clans lore. I just re-installed MW4 Mercs and wanting to improve my skills with my other kin, unless you all know something better.

I am a free birth, I will prove that I am worthy of a blood name ...I can't remember if that’s all the right terms.

Ever since I was a child I have always had the name of Wolf Clanner (in all things even today, Xbox screen name Wolf Clanner88 if you want to talk), I take true pride in this name.

For lore, it's hard to beat the Battletech sourcebooks. For skills...I suppose MW4 is as good as any. Though I'm not sure what to expect until more info on the game is released (Latest mention, I believe, is 'convergence speed' on weapons.

I'm sure you'll do fine :)

(A side note- 'freeborns' in the Clans are naturally born humans that typically cannot earn Bloodnames. Those are usually exclusive to the genetically engineered 'trueborns'.

If you're curious, you can try hitting up Battletech's website- it even has a section on Clan Wolf! http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=3177 )

#48 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

View PostSidney, on 05 February 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

To be fair, it was really the Outbound Light and not the Federated Commonwealth that stirred up the Clans. The Smoke Jaguars were able to convince the others that the Inner Sphere had grown strong enough once Comstar stumbled upon them with the Explorer Corps...who was looking for them. (If rumours from the Jihad are to be believed, the Outbound Light was intentionally sent there by the Wolverines to trigger an invasion)

Also, Ulric played the other Khans at Turkayyid to engineer a loss. Focht accuses him as much in the novels- and the Refusal War (Mechwarrior 2) was engineered by Ulric to prevent the Falcons from resuming the invasion.

Bery true, the outbound light was sure a keystone to the CSJ Khan, but a lot of the arguement as well was the fact that the Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth had merged and it was a point Leo Shower's pointed out to strengthen the argument to return to the Inner Sphere. As if two Houses merged, possibly it could mean the re-establishing of the Star League. It was also in regards to the advancement in technology, more so with FedCom merging and mingling their technology together. A third reasoning was with the Outbound Light 'discovering' the Clan Homeworlds, that a good chance more ships from the Inner Sphere might do the same.

#49 Karrig Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

Well I got MWLL, if someone would like to cause, I need it, training ...lots of training, I'm well enuf with BA right now ...still trying to time the infreno/blasting cap for hitting, but with play...its not that bad. Remapped some of my key board, hopefully I can use vtol and areospace fighters now...

I'm on TS right now...and I got all day to play around so if you get on look for me in CW, I want to learn to play better ...I need to bear honnor.

#50 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAround the world ...

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Eh i havent played LL since it switched from warhead to wars ... T.T Pretty much stick with MP3.1

#51 Karrig Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostSidney, on 05 February 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

For lore, it's hard to beat the Battletech sourcebooks. For skills...I suppose MW4 is as good as any. Though I'm not sure what to expect until more info on the game is released (Latest mention, I believe, is 'convergence speed' on weapons.

I'm sure you'll do fine ;)

(A side note- 'freeborns' in the Clans are naturally born humans that typically cannot earn Bloodnames. Those are usually exclusive to the genetically engineered 'trueborns'.

If you're curious, you can try hitting up Battletech's website- it even has a section on Clan Wolf! http://bg.battletech.com/?page_id=3177 )

Thanks for point this out...I dont remember nearly as much as I thought I did.

Rabbit Blacksun ...what is MP3.1?

#52 CronuxKobold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFighting the good fight on an undesclosed planet

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Though I am freebirth, as in days old my allegance is forever with Clan Wolf.

#53 Outlaw Wolf

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationStatus: Classified

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

When / If Clan Wolf becomes an available playable allegiance -- goodbye Davion.

Loved this Clan ever since I first played MW2 and the tabletop.

#54 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

When I'm not shooting up jade turkeys from the LCAF side I will be shootin them up amongst the Pack!

#55 Morgan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

Being a warden Wolf will forever and always be my objective.

#56 Sidney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostMorgan Kerensky, on 09 February 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

Being a warden Wolf will forever and always be my objective.

Ugh.

Am I the only Crusader in here?

You all realize if you join Clan Wolf when/if it appears in this game, you'll be invading the Inner Sphere right? :D

Clan Care Bear is ----> That way! :wub:

#57 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Sidney, Wolf has mostly been predominantly warden, and I think most of us can agree that we are wardens here. Though you may believe in the crusader cause, I will fight alongside you, as we need to work together, if we are to retake Terra from the ComStar acolytes. The Blakists need to be taught a lesson, and a house divided will not stand.

#58 Sidney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 09 February 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Sidney, Wolf has mostly been predominantly warden, and I think most of us can agree that we are wardens here. Though you may believe in the crusader cause, I will fight alongside you, as we need to work together, if we are to retake Terra from the ComStar acolytes. The Blakists need to be taught a lesson, and a house divided will not stand.

Wolf has been predominantly Crusader for the past 17 years now (and when Battletech jumps ot 3150 in a couple of years, been predominantly Crusader for nearly a century in the game) :D

In any case, as long as you share a vision of Clan Wolf as ilClan, with its Khan ushering in true Star League...that's good enough for me, I suppose.

#59 guardian wolf

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

[color=#000000] Terra awaits us as it was written. We are the last of the Wardens, the sole hope for the Earth[/color]
That is from Sarna, and is a part of our Remberance, Clan Wolf was Warden, up to the end of the Refusal War, when all the Wardens had left for the inner sphere. It was the quickest quote I could find, and if I must ask Coffi to back it up with a source book, I will. I know my history trothkin, do not try to challenge it. We have both wardens and crusaders in our clan, but we have been predominantly warden. The people that mostly fought during the Refusal War against the Jade Falcons were the crusader members of our clan, while the rest of us, left into exile. I will fight with any other Clansmen so long as it is to make the Great Founder's dream come true, and my Khan approves. Hopefully we can settle this civilly as I would rather not have to fight my brothers. I may be Freeborn, but I am one of the fiercest fighters that our clan will have, and if it is needed, I will fight to the death, against any of our foes. I would trust that you would do the same, quiaff?

#60 Morgan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

It was a well bargained trial of refusal. I do not mind fighting in the invasion, though I do not agree with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users