278 replies to this topic

#21 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

I do not think asking PGI to change their patch times to 08:00 (damn your am/pm system) PDT would be too much? Most people are at work at 08:00 unless Canadians are even lazier then the US people, and it would help the euro-zone quite a bit since current patches happens smack middle of euro prime-time.

Not for this patch obviously, since its already planned, but for future patches.

#22 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:48 AM

View PostCavendish, on 17 June 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

I do not think asking PGI to change their patch times to 08:00 (damn your am/pm system) PDT would be too much? Most people are at work at 08:00 unless Canadians are even lazier then the US people, and it would help the euro-zone quite a bit since current patches happens smack middle of euro prime-time.

Not for this patch obviously, since its already planned, but for future patches.

Only problem you face there is if you change the patch time to please the Europeans, someone else gets screwed. Personally I'm not gonna get to play tonight after the patch because it'll not be finished until 10PM and I need to be up for work at 04:30 tomorrow morning so I'll be in bed. It's a shame but it's the nature of things.

#23 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:54 AM

The timing is a bit unfortunate for us in CET, but clans are here to stay and one day doesn't make a difference. Timezones will always screw someone and this company isn't large enough to deliver 24/7 international service and servers for all parts of the world, though that's mostly their fault. They could be in much better shape than they are now, if they weren't so...well, it's a history now.

And I had to chuckle at one lovely stereotypical chump as well. 8/10, not bad.

Edited by Kitane, 17 June 2014 - 01:54 AM.

#24 SaMuOne

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:10 AM

FAIL! this patchtimes r just damn stupid, every other game can patch his servers in the night, and u start on PM-times? WTF???? ok, its nearly night in europe, but that time... omfg -.- maybe change it to AM instead of PM, so alot more ppl can play ur damn patches on DAYTIME not in the night.

and now im re-planing my day and wait until monday to play the new stuff - F UR Information politics !

Edited by SaMuOne, 17 June 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#25 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationThe left armpit of the United states

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:19 AM

ok lemme esplain something to you European people who may or may not understand time and clocks and things like that. they are in PDT time zone. which is 9 hours behind you. So to complete the patch by 17:00 CET they would have to start patching at 5 PM their time. not finishing the patch till 10 PM their time. Then they would need to monitor it to make sure they did not really break something for about 4 hours which means that they don't get to go home till 2 AM. That is an 18 hour work day. Then they have to come in at 8 AM which is 6 hours later. And you expect them to do all this and pay a Metric Butt ton of overtime simply so that the 10% of their player base that is in Europe is not slightly inconvenienced. Somehow I don't think this is going to happen. Now be quiet and take it like a man.

#26 DLFReporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,193 posts
  • LocationAlpenfestung

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:25 AM

People will always complain. Kids even more. ;)
Go ahead and patch. I as a European can wait. Thursday is a bank-holiday... yay

#27 Amil SAR

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:38 AM

Too many selfish people involved in that cant think around other's needs. That is...
Anyway, if you spend yur life complaining, are you sure you are playing a game to enjoy and have fun with it? ... it do not need an answer, but the hope that people realize that still remains.

We, as europeans, have to wait, and no one can discuss it. You can only complain, while I ll do other that wait until MWO is online again, watch some TV series episodes, or hit the wall with your head. I dont care, but, i (and i think DEVS too) hope that players enjoy life in other ways while they work to put the patch on and than let us play in with less bugs as possible.

...but mainly we are waiting Clan Mecs since 7 months... a couple of hours more will not make the difference.

Well done PGI, as we'd see diring tests, you did a great job (imho).

#28 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:40 AM

Great, instead of bringing in the patch earlier, we can/could start playing with Clanmechs at 1am on Wednesday, that's what i call a BROKEN contract (Wednesday isnt the 17th, right?)! nice job, as usual, europe gets an asskick....

#29 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:42 AM

View PostBattlestar3k, on 17 June 2014 - 02:40 AM, said:

Great, instead of bringing in the patch earlier, we can/could start playing with Clanmechs at 1am on Wednesday, that's what i call a BROKEN contract (Wednesday isnt the 17th, right?)! nice job, as usual, europe gets an asskick....

As I told you in the german forums. Your assumptions are completly wrong and your math is of by a two hour margin!

#30 Reptilizer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 523 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostBitMonger505, on 17 June 2014 - 02:19 AM, said:

ok lemme esplain something to you European people who may or may not understand time and clocks and things like that. they are in PDT time zone. which is 9 hours behind you. So to complete the patch by 17:00 CET they would have to start patching at 5 PM their time. not finishing the patch till 10 PM their time. Then they would need to monitor it to make sure they did not really break something for about 4 hours which means that they don't get to go home till 2 AM. That is an 18 hour work day. Then they have to come in at 8 AM which is 6 hours later. And you expect them to do all this and pay a Metric Butt ton of overtime simply so that the 10% of their player base that is in Europe is not slightly inconvenienced. Somehow I don't think this is going to happen. Now be quiet and take it like a man.

Since the last answer and the original post seem to have been [redacted], once more with feeling:

Most of us European people understand time and clocks and things very well. Reading the posts you indirectly refer to is also most useful to write up a comment on a certain subject.

Keeping it simple:
  • No one wants the patch to be live 17:00 CET.
  • Some argue for patch start at 9:00 PDT
  • Some argue for patch start at 8:00 PDT
  • Reading comprehension is a useful skill
  • Being quiet and taking it like a man makes me think of glass houses and stones

Edited by Reptilizer, 17 June 2014 - 02:53 AM.

#31 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostSaMuOne, on 17 June 2014 - 02:10 AM, said:

FAIL! this patchtimes r just damn stupid, every other game can patch his servers in the night, and u start on PM-times? WTF???? ok, its nearly night in europe, but that time... omfg -.- maybe change it to AM instead of PM, so alot more ppl can play ur damn patches on DAYTIME not in the night.

and now im re-planing my day and wait until monday to play the new stuff - F UR Information politics !

Dude... 10am their time IS AM!

Someone is always going to get the short stick. That's how 24 time zones work.

#32 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:53 AM

View PostEgomane, on 17 June 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

As I told you in the german forums. Your assumptions are completly wrong and your math is of by a two hour margin!

lol, i'm being stalked...

#33 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:56 AM

so for Europeans we don't get the clans untill the 18th? Poor planning. More europeans play this game then most of you may believe.
Gone from 9 to 7 out of ten with this release. Better job next time i hope

Edited by Mark Brandhauber, 17 June 2014 - 03:13 AM.

#34 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 02:57 AM

yep someone is always going to be sharfted how ever they do it ESO were doing it on a friday night. for me now thats BS.

#35 Smitti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 475 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFrog-blasting between BioVent Core #88A and #88B

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:01 AM

This old chestnut again, hey?

As previously mentioned, SOMEONE is bound to get shafted in a 24hr time zone. Mostly its the Oceanic players with test times. Now it's Europe's turn.

Its just everyone else's bad luck that the Devs are where they are, and therefore do things in their own time. Until we get "local" servers (and a big IF at that...) that can be patched at a suitable time for each time zone, then there's not much we can do.

Oh, by the way, BitMonger505, way to reinforce the stereotype. Good job.

Edited by Smitti, 17 June 2014 - 03:01 AM.

#36 Schrotti369

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:09 AM

View Postanfadern, on 16 June 2014 - 10:20 PM, said:

You really ought to concider moving the maintenance periods so you allow CET players to participate in a smoother way.
This maintenance period will end 10pm CET...
;)

What he said!

#37 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:11 AM

View PostBitMonger505, on 16 June 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

PSSSSSTTTT... no one cares about CET players.

I do ;)

#38 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

Glad I took tomorrow off work ;)

#39 Corralis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 577 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

I'm pretty sure your maths is off here. To complete the patch by 17:00 CET, the patch would need to start (assuming it's a 4 hour downtime as has already been stated) at 13:00 CET. This is not 5PM PST this is 4AM PST as they are 9 hours behind CET. Yes someone would need to start work a little early, but for the rare times when a major content patch like the Clans get's implemented, I don't see why this would be such a huge problem. Starting the patch at that time would be good for both Europeans and Americans which would probably be at least 80% of the player base of this game.

#40 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 17 June 2014 - 03:19 AM

Does this Timezone Thing really matter? I have enough swarms of Vanduul to fight so for me this patch can end on friday ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users