• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

View PostOverkill C7, on 17 June 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

Hopefully they'll reset for 'em.

Its been quite a while since the game crashed, at this point it looks like they cant decide if they should plug the internet wire into their server or the electrical outlet. They will stand around circle jirking forever and not make up their minds. If they had brain power they would know that the circle piece does not fit in the tryangle hole, and the square piece does not go in your mouth.

#263 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:50 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 17 June 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

I'm just shaking my head at my own stupidity of paying for something that turns out is killing the game.

I don't wanna say 'told you so,' but I told you so.

#264 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

I must say, I'm pretty disappointed with the game today. I'm usually optimistic and have been willing to invest in the game because I see the potential. Unfortunately I feel like they've had more than enough time to figure out the logistics and plan for such a large deployment.

Honestly where I work if this kind of "server issue" happens, there's be more than one person's ass on the line. Perhaps tomorrow they will have fixed it...

#265 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

please advise where to move my post.

I was able to log in to game and my heart almost stopped... Dont have a print screen...

If IS mech had XL engine, you got a warning like: Some of Your equipment occupies too many critical slots. All equipments
will be stripped.

Then ALL weapons, engines and the rest are stripped from IS mech and they are not in inventory so You got empty IS mech if You touched it. My guess is that Clan XL engines are 2 slots in side torsos and IS take 3 slots, and the current code is messing with IS mechs that have XL engines.

#266 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

View PostPappySmurf, on 17 June 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

I know PGI will want to give me free premium time for this debocle but i would rather get 5 free mech bays.It seems every time i get free premium time it just disapears from my timer and i have not used it?.

Mechbays, the only thing I ever spend money on. Ever.

#267 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:34 AM

But you don't always mention the UTC or GMT in a post wen there is time mentioned.

**Why was there a second outage after he patch it isný metioned anywhere i can find.

And maybe inform us a bit on the progress towards us with patches or sudden outage on your twitter account.
It would decrease the amount of chatter.

#268 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:08 AM

All I can say is that was some extended maintenance! Glad I was able to get a good sleep last night to pass the time that I was unable to play the game smoothly. :)

#269 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:18 AM

While I am very excited that the Clans are out now (got to log in later this afternoon to run them!), I am disappointed about yesterday's server issues. I only had 4 days of Premium Time left on my account then, and the server troubles drained one of them. I'm down to my last three now. Will I be getting the one I lost yesterday back? Does PGI plan to provide any sort of compensation for the delay and Premium Time loss?

I don't typically spend money on the game. This is the first time that I pre-ordered a Mech Pack, and I did it in time for some of the Premium Time pre-order bonuses. Otherwise, I don't purchase Premium Time... :)

#270 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 18 June 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

While I am very excited that the Clans are out now (got to log in later this afternoon to run them!), I am disappointed about yesterday's server issues. I only had 4 days of Premium Time left on my account then, and the server troubles drained one of them. I'm down to my last three now. Will I be getting the one I lost yesterday back? Does PGI plan to provide any sort of compensation for the delay and Premium Time loss?

I don't typically spend money on the game. This is the first time that I pre-ordered a Mech Pack, and I did it in time for some of the Premium Time pre-order bonuses. Otherwise, I don't purchase Premium Time... :D

Maybe:

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 17 June 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

We'll be looking towards reimbursing players with Premium Time. More details to come, for now I'm sending the team back into their sleep pods.

#271 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

View Postletuce head, on 17 June 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

This is what happens when incompetent people get jobs in the game developing world. They may have hired them because you have a college edjucation but that does not mean that they are edjucated. When it comes to these kinds of things that take finesse; you need professional employes who can handle it. You shouldn't just pick up a bunch of pot heads fresh out of the dorm on the uganda campass.

Seriously....really...Edjucated?

#272 elismallz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

View Postshad0w4life, on 18 June 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

Seriously....really...Edjucated?

Yeah I'm trying to figure out if this is really sad OR the best troll post ever. Maybe I'll ask people on "campass".

#273 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:57 AM

View Postelismallz, on 18 June 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Yeah I'm trying to figure out if this is really sad OR the best troll post ever. Maybe I'll ask people on "campass".

Tell me about it! :D

#274 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

I think there are some code problems with IS weapons getting more heat like the clan ones. At least i noticed my griffin is running very much hotter than before..

Edited by Bartholomew bartholomew, 18 June 2014 - 07:09 AM.

#275 Jacon Ceronia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 240 posts
  • LocationUTAH

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 17 June 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Mechbays, the only thing I ever spend money on. Ever.

Cool story bro!

#276 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

View Postelismallz, on 18 June 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

Tis why they tell you not to drink and opperate machinery, such as computers or a gun. I shot myself in the nose once with a shotgun cause i wanted to find out if teh gun was loaded but it was

#277 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

View Postletuce head, on 18 June 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Tis why they tell you not to drink and opperate machinery, such as computers or a gun. I shot myself in the nose once with a shotgun cause i wanted to find out if teh gun was loaded but it was

That's not a story I would brag about! ;)

...But my curiosity is piqued! How did you manage to get just your nose? Were you using slugs instead of scatter shot? :D

#278 Darwins Dog

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

After years of playing MMOs of every flavor I am not at all surprised by the server issues yesterday. Anyone remember the Diablo 3 launch? The general rule of thumb for any major online title is that you should wait at least a few days after a major content release before expecting things to work smoothly. Given that this was the single biggest content dump MWO has had so far, did you really expect everything to be perfect?

Hopefully they give people their premium time back. That would just be the polite thing to do, but most of the rage here seems a little misplaced.

#279 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 18 June 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

most of the rage here seems a little misplaced.

It usually is
Don't you remember Diablo 3's launch? :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users