The Invasion Is Here!

153 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

DATE: June 17th, 3049 MESSAGE TO: Precentor-Somerset ORDER: Delta RE: Deep Periphery communications issues. Finest Precentor, We have been having problems communicating in the Periphery due to some technical issue. We have full diagnostics running and have not yet found the cause. We would appreciate your assistance opening a working communications link to any point in the Periphery with which you can establish contact. If you are able to establish a link, please inform us as soon as possible so we may look in into the HPG network in the area. Priority is normal, probably more barbaric pirate nonsense, this is the Periphery after all. Please let it be known that at this time there is no need to alarm the First Circuit or needlessly alert the revered Primus. -------- END OF TRANSMISSION ---------- ATTACHMENT 372-004925-B0H7: DATE: JUNE 16th, 3049 MESSAGE TO: Unknown ORDER: Civilian RE: **YD*Y To *n**ne w*o c** as**s*..* we *re **d*r att*** fro* **kn*** *o**e*. ***k*n*s *nk**w*. --------- END OF TRANSMISSION --------- 
To our Community,

Well it has been a rapid development cycle but we now have the Clan Invasion underway. While it wasn't as smooth as we had hoped, a lot of blood, sweat and tears went into getting these new 'Mechs into your hands and we already see the dynamics of gameplay changing on the battlefield. This venerable force returning to the Inner Sphere homeworlds is the biggest event to happen on the BattleTech timeline and we, at PGI, are glad to be able to bring the beginning of this experience to you.

[background=transparent;]It is now 3049 on the timeline and the remainder of this year is going to see a lot of new developments both in game and in lore. It is at key turning points like this that allow us to bring new systems on-line and address the needs of the network of features required for the upcoming Community Warfare push. We're pleased to let you know that the first module entering development is Unit Creation.[/font]

[background=transparent;]Units, being the MechWarrior Online equivalent of guilds, will be a new way for friends and like-minded players to get together in both a social and game affecting manner. Social interaction, member management, Unit ranks and specialized chat channels are some of the key features within this module. This in turn will be the gate for the bigger features of Community Warfare like faction combat, planetary control and partaking in the giant battle for the Inner Sphere.[/font]

[background=transparent;]This is a very exciting time for us as it is the first step in the even more exciting times coming in the near future. We raise our glasses to our community and supporters who have been here with us and we look forward to bringing you the content that we all want that will make MechWarrior Online the game we want it to be.[/font]

#2 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

Thank guys :D good work ;)

#3 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

I look forward to pushing the Clans back. Bring on Community Warfare!

::salute the to 1st step being implemented::

Edited by Katrina Steiner, 18 June 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#4 InvaderZ

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

Great :D good job PGI

#5 Warwo1f

Rookie

• The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Awesome, cant wait to get home today and crush some IS mechs.

#6 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

Great news! Keep it coming!

#7 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

I apologize if this sounds critical, but this is the third time I have read stuff like this. Is there anything you can show us....in game?

#8 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:45 AM

Whoo-hoo! Bring on CW! :D

#9 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Unit creation, eh? Sounds promising!

#10 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

PGI, we must have a drink together when I pass by on my way to Terra.

Excellent work, and you accomplished quite a daunting feat. Something even I didn`t truly believe you could, as the Idea itself was almost ludicrous.

BALANCING the clans against the IS mechs.

I don`t care what people say about your past accomplishments /failures, that is something truly worthy of praise, something that only megaliths like Blizzard were ever capable of in the past, and even they failed often enough.

You have earned yourselves the praise the community is giving you and a week or 2 of Battlemechs, Beer and Babes to enjoy the fruits of your efforts, IMO.

I feel we truly have a bright future ahead, and can`t wait for CW. No pressure, but yesterday would be nice :D ;)

Edited by Zerberus, 18 June 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#11 Draconis March

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

Will celebrate when Community Warfare is actually out instead of more promises that it's coming "soon".

#12 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

Toast to the good fellas crunching through a hotfix last night to ease the Clan rush. You guys are the best.

#13 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

View PostZerberus, on 18 June 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

PGI, we must have a drink together when I pass by on my way to Terra.

Excellent work, and you accomplished quite a daunting feat. Something even I didn`t truly believe you could, as the Idea itself was almost ludicrous.

BALANCING the clans against the IS mechs.

I don`t care what people say about your past accomplishments /failures, that is something truly worthy of praise, something that only megaliths like Blizzard were ever capable of in the past, and even they failed often enough.

I must admit - I doubted they could do it. :D

#14 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

um... "entering development"? 3+ years and this is where we have gotten to... and after yesterday's fiasco I wouldn't be tooting the "warhorns" too loudly at this point. What great leaps have been made in that time? We've had new maps, Mechs, and variations of the same basic game mode. Wow. 3+ years for that. "Great job." You should be lifting your glasses to the loyal fans who have stuck by you throughout this process. We have foot the bill for you guys to get your act in gear. However, I'm not going to be one of the bandwagon folks who will pat you all on the back for a "job well done". You've had more than enough time to get your act together and produce the game we all want. Until that time don't brag about anything that you have "accomplished" as it is a day late and a dollar short (anyone else remember when we were promised all of this stuff before the self-inflicted setbacks which caused the delay of key aspects for over a year now?). I'm sure some form of censorship is inbound from the moderators but as someone who has paid sufficiently enough I want a return on my investment that reflects what this franchise means to me and many others who have been fans of BT for as long if not longer than I have been (20+ years).

TLDR: Quit screwing around bragging about what you have "done" and give us what we have paid for. Just saying...

#15 BRUTPAUL

Rookie

• Commander
  • Commander
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

Great job on the clans!

Thanks, PGI!!!
:D

#16 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:12 AM

Exclusive wallpapers...
Now you use the images less than 24hrs later for other purposes
:D
What a joke!

#17 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 June 2014 - 08:33 AM, said:

Units, being the MechWarrior Online equivalent of guilds, will be a new way for friends and like-minded players to get together in both a social and game affecting manner. Social interaction, member management, Unit ranks and specialized chat channels are some of the key features within this module. This in turn will be the gate for the bigger features of Community Warfare like faction combat, planetary control and partaking in the giant battle for the Inner Sphere.

Okay, so guilds was right. Basically a social module with no impact on the game except to bring in-application the things that corps currently do outside of the application. It needed to be done I guess - and a long time ago at that - but I'm still waiting for some actual game content.

Also, grats on the fairly balanced clan release. Hopefully you'll keep up with the balancing speed we've seen recently, especially regarding poptarts etc.

#18 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

I have to agree with Juvat.

I've always supported MWO. But its becoming more and more of a joke. Every major update to the game has broken in one way or another. This would be fine however....if it were still in early stages of development, not 3+ years in.

The "Clan invasion", was some new mechs... and a new HUD from what I can tell.

When are you going to work on the UI? You told us that UI 2.0 would make further improvements much easier. Yet weve seen very little more than placeholders and poor design choices.

Get your act together. Improve the UI and make the mechlab something other than an eyesore and get community warfare in. (Should have been in a looong time ago)

I'm well aware what I was buying into when I purchased things for the game, MC/ Phoenix. But I'm beginning to regret it more and more. And i hate that. I really love the game, but I can't bring myself to play it. Due to the ****** way in which you treat your customers. The prices are a joke, let alone the way you treat the community.

#19 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

Nice...

and now: Community Warfare please :D

#20 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

*To anyone who can assist, we are under attack by an unknown force. *
Can't figure out the rest, I'm no lore guru...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users