10 replies to this topic

#1 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Ac 2 is absolutely horrible. You try to chain fire em for fire suppression and you get massive ghost heat. You go with PGI's chain fire rate, and WHY THE HELL EVEN BOTHER?

Likewise I hear bad things about the clan LBX ac 2, how its is near useless past 400m. Someone suggested making it spread the same as the LBX ac10, dispersed with machine gun like damage per pellet. This would actually be an ok weapon again if they had their cool down of .50 seconds back.

The LBX 5 spread round should also be given similar treatment. Right now I can predict the extinction of these weapons, much like when SRMS were broken.

#2 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

Ya, I think they should remove ac2 ghost heat, and make the range longer again, but take away the screen shake they cause on the opponents.

#3 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Really the ACs still seem too OP to me. They should really think about increasing their cooldown and reducing their velocity again.
AC/2 / Cooldown - 1 Seconds / Velocity - 1150m/s
AC/5 / Cooldown - 2 Seconds / Velocity - 950m/s
AC/10 / Cooldown - 3.5 Seconds / Velocity - 520m/s
AC/20 / Cooldown - 6 Seconds / Velocity - 350m/s

#4 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostGraugger, on 22 June 2014 - 03:59 PM, said:

Really the ACs still seem too OP to me. They should really think about increasing their cooldown and reducing their velocity again.
AC/2 / Cooldown - 1 Seconds / Velocity - 1150m/s
AC/5 / Cooldown - 2 Seconds / Velocity - 950m/s
AC/10 / Cooldown - 3.5 Seconds / Velocity - 520m/s
AC/20 / Cooldown - 6 Seconds / Velocity - 350m/s

The AC/2 seems OP to you? Are you really sure? (Hint: AC/2 is anything but OP) I have not seen an AC/2 mounted on anything other than a 3x AC/2 SHD on the field in months, and I am not that great a player.

Edited by 101011, 22 June 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#5 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

the AC2s are the only version that seem kind of useless. even though they can spit out a lot of rounds really fast, they just never seem to be useful even in pairs.

LBX2 is an odd one though. i was trying them in pairs on a nova and maybe against fast lights they could work well as is so you have a better chance at scoring a single damage but it ends up being exactly like the regular clan AC2 except you get two rounds at once and not in sequence that you cant creally control their accuracy.

I just went with 2 C-ACs instead.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

Reducing AC velocity? No. No need for that.

ACs do still have problems but that's because they are single shot for the Inner Sphere.

That said, the AC/2 ghost heat really needs to go. LRMs should not be a suppression weapon, that's what AC/2s are for. In lore they are very ineffective against mechs, but effective against infantry, light vehicles, etc., and for peppering long range damage for low heat (i.e. suppression).

With the slower firing rates I'm certain we won't see these speeds again.

For whatever reason that gets ghost heat, but 4 AC/5s don't?

We have to fire 5 or more UAC/5s to get ghost heat (not 4, then why is AC/2s on 4?)
At the time the AC/2 did up to 50 damage in 10 seconds. When it got ghost heat, it did 38 damage (AC/5 did 35).
Now, AC/5 does 30.
AC/2 does 28.
(Large laser does 27).
At this stage, I think it's safe to remove ghost heat from 4 AC/2s or set it up to trigger for 5 or 6 AC/2s if at all, which honestly I don't believe we need it at all for AC/2s. The weapon simply can't fire fast enough for macros to do that anymore.

#7 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

If people are/were complaining about the screen shake, why not nerf the [grawlix] screen shake?

Then you can buff AC/2s to a point where they're useful again, I can rebuild my Centurion, and I won't have to go somewhere else to get my daily dakka fix.

#8 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

I'd like to see IS ACs turned into what the REAL ACs are supposed to be, which are the current Clan AC variants.

#9 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

Yes it is past time to get rid of the awful ghost heat of the things. ALL the reasons they had for giving it are now gone.

#10 Crux7

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:22 AM

AC2 clan is now useless. just removed from my direwolf since it is pointless. replaced with 4 x LPL. and 4 MG.

#11 MechWarrior849305

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:05 AM

excellent necro -_-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users