2 C-LRM 20 + Artemis
3 C-Machine guns
4 C-ER Med Lasers

1 C-MG Ammo
4 C-LRM Ammo + Artemis

1 Jump Jets Class III
1 C-Double Heat Sink

75 Tons

Is this rare or popular build and/or like It or change it?

#2 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

The clan machine guns have a very wide spread, and 3 isn't necessarily going to be more effective than 2.

The single jump jet works for poptart builds with instantaneous weapons like the PPC or gauss, but it won't give you enough juice to acquire a lock while midair, nor give enough juice to get on top of higher structures/mountains.

I'd recommend scrapping one of the machine guns and the single jump jet. You'll be much better off filling those 2 extra tons with 2 more double heat sinks.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:12 AM

Well I prefer using 4x 10er LRM, they have less cooldown and they are basically 4 rockets at the same time, which is better vs AMS targets to bring rockets into a target. But I have them without artemis, sicne this would require mor tonnage than on 2 20 CERM's

bu someone should to the science to see how the best setup of clan lrums is to bring maximum numbers of rockets through an AMS.

basically something like this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1a77b8371e6a280

1 ton free, for either more ammo, or you remove 1t ammo and add 2 PPC's instead of all the lasers.

I also need to tr it with artemis by sacrificing 1t ammo and removing the medium lasers.
It felt great to play the mech if you are lazy ^^ you just stay bakc behind your team in safety and lurk out a bit for getting a lock. In that time, most opps will be focust a lot more on your teammates than you. the range of the lasers is nice to have as a long range support. tbh, LRM's feel not "long" when you are in a clanmech.

Edited by Lily from animove, 20 June 2014 - 01:21 AM.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:43 AM

I agree with Aresye, add a JJ and remove a MG.

Besides, four medium lasers have a decent punch but i would keep the ER LLs. They have give you a punch at very long range that i find very useful.

#5 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

Personally, since I am cheap and want to save for the Nova, Dire Wolf, Adder, and Warhawk I decided to run the stock Omnipods for my Timber Wolfs. Here is what I run to give you some ideas.
  • TBR-Prime - I kept it stock except I removed the MPL and added 2 more tons of ammo for the CLRM20 giving me 18 salvos over the 9 stock. Beautiful design that packs a punch at just about any range and it carries MGs to exploit holes. It can run hot with 2 CERLLs and 2 CERMLs but it is hard to argue with 36.5 damage in a brawl, especially if you are between 180-450 meters and can add in 40 LRMs.
  • TBR-S - My favorite design from back in the days of MW3. Twin CERPPCs for range and instant damage and twin CSSRM6s for lights and burst damage. When you start running too hot or want to poke them a little more you have the CERSL which is basically an Innershpere ML with a little less range. Very fun to use and low missile launchers if you worry about them making you vunerable.
  • TBR-C - It is the one mech that I have yet to use but I believe that it will do well. Decent punch but the twin CERLLs may run it a bit hot with the other weapons. I run with arm lock off so I try to avoid similar weapons in the torso and arms, hence not going the 3 CERML route and upping to a bigger ballistic. If you are willing to remove the CERML (only 7 damage but you gain 10 damage) you could replace the CUAC10 with a Gauss Rifle, CLBX20, UAC20 and 3 tons ammo. If you do that and downgrade the CSRM6s to CSRM4s then you get 25 shots over 16.67 and can put in 4 tons of ammo for the ballistic weapon. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...35756faaf18e0c4
I hope that this gives you some ideas. Good luck and good hunting.

#6 Asatur

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:54 AM

I use my Timber Wolves with:
2 ultra ac5 + 2 er large lasers + jumpjets
2 ultra ac5 + 4 er med lasers + jumpjets
2 lrm20 + 2 er large lasers

#7 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

This one currently works well for me:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...78c4c3243a0499f

More of a medium range mech, but overall very versatile.

OR

I was using this for a while as a good close in attack and brawler type:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d5a22a333755bb0

The SRM's do crazy damage. You can swap a DHS for another JJ if you like, but i only really use JJ's for making people miss.

#8 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:04 PM

The thing about the new Omnimechs is that they have great flexibility. Many options are available to you depending on the doctrine you are using.

Your build is highly reliant on LRMs, and the ER-MLas will only compliment the range profile decently out to about 600m before the damage starts to fall off too sharply. I am curious, because it seems light on tonnage to me, you traded out twin LLas and a MPulse for a MG, Artemis, and two more tons of ammunition, it may just be me but tonnage has to go somewhere... [-EDIT- I made his build on smurfy, it is 4 tons short, as expected.] I also see a shortcoming with ammunition, LRM-40 will deplete your ammunition stock of 480 missiles in twelve salvos. After which, you are reduced to the four lasers, which is not befitting of a 75 ton Clan heavy such as a Timber Wolf. If you prefer a long range profile, I would advise returning the LLas of the original build. If your focus is LRM support, more ammunition is required. If you do not identify with either of these methods, I advise removing the LRMs altogether.

Personally, I ascribe to close quarters fighting. I enjoy making battles personal, and any one of my warriors would be able to describe at length my disdain for LRMs. Those same warriors know my weapon of choice is SRMs. SRMs are lightweight, properly configured are resistant to ammunition shortages, and in skilled hands are an incredibly lethal weapons system (now that hit-detection is finally working... most of the time [damn Ravens]). Thus I present my personal Timber Wolf, the "Black Wolf";
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...403454ae627ce27

5x ER-Mlas
4x aSRM-6

5.5 tons of ammunition and four jump jets. It runs hot, although this is intentional. I designed it with the intent of keeping initiative at all times in a fight. A Timber Wolf has the speed and armor that allows a warrior to close into a fight from any angle they desire and engage a target of their choosing, especially if that target is cut off from support. While my design bears similarities to the one presented by Fade Akira, I have the advantage of initial firepower where Fade bears the advantage of sustained firepower due to heat load. However, I tend to engage in a fight and red-line my heat very quickly. At this point, I am able to assess the situation and either commit to the fight to finish off the target, or withdraw to cool and enter the attack from another angle. I used this build against a pair of my warriors, both in fully loaded Dire Wolves. I destroyed both assaults suffering only moderate damage over the course of several minutes.

Also, a single JJ offers nothing to a warrior unless if you prefer to fight as a dishonorable 'poptart'. Jumpjets truly shine when used for what they are intended; enhanced mobility. After the breach of Zell, it is possible to distract entire lances of the enemy through what I term "heavy harassment" on maps with verticality, such as Canyon and HPG. A Timber Wolf can use sufficient speed and JJ mobility to get almost wherever the pilot desires the machine to go. By straying away from the primary battle line (which in pub matches becomes a clogged mess of stepping on the feet of others) you open yourself up to alternate battle options. Do note, flanking is a fragile thing. Do NOT take your time. The longer you stay out of contact with the enemy, the longer your team is under the pressure of being a 'Mech down. This is a major flaw in the mindset of many players of MWO, who believe they have all the time in the world to get into their position. Speed is the essence of victory. However, if you manage to get behind the primary enemy force, LRM boats become easy targets. Stragglers in overloaded assaults become isolated prey. Even more potently, you can take a single laser and scrape ten enemy 'Mechs in the rear with a single burn. At least half of those 'Mechs will notice the rear damage and turn to chase the retreating Timber Wolf they are unlikely to catch. All while your teammates can utilize the lifted pressure to focus on the half that stayed or the rear armor of the foolish freebirths who turned their backs to the primary battle. This is the power of the jumping Timber Wolf.

Edited by Alaric Wolf Kerensky, 28 June 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#9 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

If you like brawling i recommend:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c96c3618b6da8ea

(2 spare arm slots taken up by arm actuators)

If you can aim SRM's well, its a very high damage build.

#10 NuKe170

Rookie

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

I have a decent build for TBR-S:
2 C-ERPPC-s
4 C-SRM4 + Artemis and 4 tons of ammo for it
5 Jump jets

no heat sinks.

#11 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Here is my baby. :)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...db09d58f8501bec

#12 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

View PostLuisG, on 19 June 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hey guys very happy with the Timberwolf/mad cat

I wonder what builds you guys use

currently I use

2 C-LRM 20 + Artemis
3 C-Machine guns
4 C-ER Med Lasers

1 C-MG Ammo
4 C-LRM Ammo + Artemis

1 Jump Jets Class III
1 C-Double Heat Sink

75 Tons

That... is fairly close to what i ran on my Prime for a long time... (excluding the Jumpjet.. i never put those on my Timbers).

Now though, i run this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f8fcb32c8ecfc5f

Its more a 'medium to short' range build... I dont 'volly-fire' my LRM's at targets i cant visually 'see' (as the Artimus bonus only works on targets you visually can see, it dosnt give any bonus to beyond-line-of-sight targets) and i actually keep the two LRM10's on cycle-fire, so i only lose 10 missles instead of 20 if the target ducks behind a building or other obstical. (and if he's in the open i simply hold down the button to fire all 20).

Generally i'll try to keep the target at 200-400m away, and lay into them with the Two LPL's and LRM10's. If they get closer than 200m, i'll switch to the MG's SPL's and LRM10's. They get within 180.. i drop the LRM10's and fire the LPL's again when i can chance the extra heat build-up ontop of the SPL/MG fire.

I'm liking it sofar.. its challenging (as i have to watch/monitor my range), and its a reall change over the simple 'charge in' or 'sit back and fire' playstyles.

Edited by Rhapsody Repine, 06 August 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#13 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 24 June 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

Personally, I ascribe to close quarters fighting. I enjoy making battles personal, and any one of my warriors would be able to describe at length my disdain for LRMs. Those same warriors know my weapon of choice is SRMs. SRMs are lightweight, properly configured are resistant to ammunition shortages, and in skilled hands are an incredibly lethal weapons system (now that hit-detection is finally working... most of the time [damn Ravens]). Thus I present my personal Timber Wolf, the "Black Wolf";
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...403454ae627ce27

5x ER-Mlas
4x aSRM-6

I'll have to build it on Smurphy later.. but one of my Timbers is set up slightly similar.

4x SRM-6 + Artimus
2x MPL
2x ERSL
2x MG

Just for giggles, i also have a 4x LRM15+Artimus Timber set up.. though its more for fun than anything serious =)

Edited by Rhapsody Repine, 06 August 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#14 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

MGs on the TBR is quite ineffective, more so if you're not going a brawling build.

The TBR lacks crit slots, so every one counts. I can't see myself wasting at least 4 slots on a 3xMG build.

I'd go LRM20s or LRM15s with 6 MLas.

In keeping with the spirit of your build, here you go

My personal favourite is the laser vomit build on the TBR-C, 5 ERMLas, 2 ERLLas

View PostLuisG, on 19 June 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hey guys very happy with the Timberwolf/mad cat

I wonder what builds you guys use

currently I use

2 C-LRM 20 + Artemis
3 C-Machine guns
4 C-ER Med Lasers

1 C-MG Ammo
4 C-LRM Ammo + Artemis

1 Jump Jets Class III
1 C-Double Heat Sink

75 Tons

#15 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

View Postknightsljx, on 06 August 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

MGs on the TBR is quite ineffective, more so if you're not going a brawling build.

The TBR lacks crit slots, so every one counts. I can't see myself wasting at least 4 slots on a 3xMG build.

I'd go LRM20s or LRM15s with 6 MLas.

In keeping with the spirit of your build, here you go

My personal favourite is the laser vomit build on the TBR-C, 5 ERMLas, 2 ERLLas

That is a lot like the one I use. :wacko:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7c0fa90034a1e95

Edit: Forgot a lower arm actuator. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nathan K, 11 August 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#16 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostShadowWard, on 06 August 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

I'll have to build it on Smurphy later.. but one of my Timbers is set up slightly similar.

4x SRM-6 + Artimus
2x MPL
2x ERSL
2x MG

Just for giggles, i also have a 4x LRM15+Artimus Timber set up.. though its more for fun than anything serious =)

I have another that drops a Med Las for a pair of Smalls. Also is an interesting one:
4x SRM 6,
4x ERML
2x ERSL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users